Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rave Cathe's Push Pull Tower (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=155643)

mspina 10-21-10 03:07 PM

Cathe's Push Pull Tower

Yeah, I know I'm a few years late to this party, but my sister finally talked me into getting the Push Pull tower. I'm doing an STS rotation (again, late to this party!) starting in a couple of weeks and really felt that I needed some sort of bench solution, and thought this looked like the most convenient and inexpensive option.

WOW! I'm nearly speechless I'm so impressed. This thing is just so incredibly well thought out and built. It's VERY sturdy, but at the same time, trivial to break down and store away. The use with the step as the bench is just spot on for the home exerciser (my DH was very impressed with the entire idea and end design). Using it for pull-ups when you don't have another convenient option is also just awesome. And at $129? Or less when she's offering a sale? It's a steal.

It took me about 15 minutes (tops) to assemble it, all by myself, and the simple tools needed for the 4 screws are provided. It's going to be torture to wait until I can start STS - I'm so excited to start using this regularly!!!!! Hopefully we can start to use it in Meso 1!

Wow. Really, just wow.

dela 10-21-10 03:41 PM

I agree with everything you said, also, I love that it is super fast and easy to change the height of the bar. I can use a regular bench under it for flat chest work, but need to use the step with risers for any incline work, the bench is too tall.

ddj 10-21-10 06:37 PM

You don't need it until Meso 2 unless you plan to use it for the modified pull ups. Chest work in Meso 1 is push ups (a lot of them!) and dumbbells.

But you will really appreciate having it when you get to chest presses in Meso 2 and Meso 3. It wasn't available when I did my first rotation and I noticed a marked difference when I did my second one!

Mandy 10-21-10 06:50 PM

I have Cathe's tower that I bought when STS first came out and its wobbly and doesn't feel sturdy. I wonder if I put it together wrong? Or if her later made tower's were made different? Just wondering. Thats good news though! I may have to see if I put it together wrong so I can feel better about using it more. And your post got me motivated to do a STS rotation:)

carres1973 10-21-10 06:51 PM

I am really wanting to get one as well. I am trying to justify the price of shipping though. Some people said they saw it at their local Dunham's or other brick and mortar store but I haven't seen it yet. I am hoping to use it as a barre instead of installing a railing on my wall.

Carrie

Kathryn 10-21-10 06:53 PM

It's now being called the "Turbo Tower," isn't it? (I have no idea why!).

counterclockwise 10-21-10 07:22 PM

I would love to get one of these one day. I wonder how comfortable real pullups/chinups are from a seated position like Cathe does in STS.

wendy2 10-21-10 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy (Post 1653066)
I have Cathe's tower that I bought when STS first came out and its wobbly and doesn't feel sturdy. I wonder if I put it together wrong? Or if her later made tower's were made different? Just wondering. Thats good news though! I may have to see if I put it together wrong so I can feel better about using it more. And your post got me motivated to do a STS rotation:)

I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be wobbly. I cannot for the life of me remember why, but something about balance. Or something. The original model (which may be the exact same thing as the current model) and its wobbliness were discussed on a thread on Cathe's site when it first came out.

Mandy 10-21-10 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendy2 (Post 1653099)
I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be wobbly. I cannot for the life of me remember why, but something about balance. Or something. The original model (which may be the exact same thing as the current model) and its wobbliness were discussed on a thread on Cathe's site when it first came out.

Thanks for the info! You helped save some money on buying another one:heart:

hdw 10-21-10 09:07 PM

So do you think it's not too troublesome to assemble/dissamble everytime I use it?