Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Physique 57 results (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=165295)

topfitmama 05-07-11 04:50 PM

Physique 57 results

As I seem to click with P57 (for now... ;)), I was looking for videos and stuff that talk about results. All video testimonials were from going to classes several times a week, and I assume classes take things to a different level than videos do. I want to know what the DVDs will do.

Then I went to the P57 fan page and find that people are doing two express workouts back to back (express + thigh booster was one combo :eek:)

Anyway, before I start saving up my pennies for the 2nd edition (they are expensive!!!! :eek:), I'd like to hear from people on here who use the set:

- How often do you do the workouts?
- Do you do more than one a day?
- have you seen results like the ones from the testimonials?
- Have you burnt out or plateaued? (they promise you don't plateau...)

I like the idea of incorporating barre to my "rotations", but I don't think I could do Tanya Becker (or or Shelley) every day, and endure the pain for more than one workout!

mj476 05-08-11 10:18 AM

Here are my results I posted on another checkin:

I did the March P57 rotation for 4 weeks which was a 5 day rotation doing a P57 workout for 5 days in a row. I used all the P57s except for Vol. 1 Classic which I don't have. I have to say I really love the new set. I missed one day to do Rockin Models. Here are my results:

Waist - lost 1/2 inch
Chest - lost 3 inches
Biceps - gained 1/4 inch (went up to 10# for arm exercises using heavier weights, 8# and 5# for triceps.)
High Hip - same
Low Hip - lost 1"
Calves - lost 1/4 inch
Right inner thigh - lost 1/2"
Right mid thigh - lost 1/2"
Left inner thigh - same
Left mid thigh - lost 1/4"
(Even though my thigh measurements are a little wierd, they're the same size except for left mid thigh which is smallest).

I didn't really lose any weight (maybe a pound) but gained muscle and my middle flattened out some. The rotation also really helped the thigh area.

My rotation:

Aside from P57, I took a 30 minute walk 5x a week, a weekly hour dance class, and did another 30 minute cardio (either dance or kickboxing) once a week and tried to do yoga once a week for about 20-30 minutes.

Marcy

topfitmama 05-08-11 02:05 PM

Thanks for sharing your rotation and results, Marcy! :)
I don't know if I could do 5 days in a row of P57. I'm afraid I'd burn out on them.
Did you do the 90 minutes of p57 days? IIRC, the March rotation included a day a week where you did two workouts (full 57 minute + a booster).

I don't think I'll be buying the system any time soon, though... turns out no seller ships overseas :cool:

christabel 05-08-11 02:15 PM

Ruth I got mine via P57's Amazon.com shop, they shipped to the UK. Cheap postage compared with P57's rates, but verrrrrry slow. P57 were prepared to post to the UK though, so can't see why not where you are

xChris

mj476 05-08-11 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topfitmama (Post 1805342)
Thanks for sharing your rotation and results, Marcy! :)
I don't know if I could do 5 days in a row of P57. I'm afraid I'd burn out on them.
Did you do the 90 minutes of p57 days? IIRC, the March rotation included a day a week where you did two workouts (full 57 minute + a booster).

I don't think I'll be buying the system any time soon, though... turns out no seller ships overseas :cool:

Ruth:

No, I didn't do the 90 minute days. No time; but it just goes to show you that you don't need to do the 90 minutes. I didn't know if I could do 5 days in a row either but it helped alternating between Shelley & Tonya and I really enjoyed the workouts which helped make them fly by.

Marcy

topfitmama 05-08-11 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christabel (Post 1805350)
Ruth I got mine via P57's Amazon.com shop, they shipped to the UK. Cheap postage compared with P57's rates, but verrrrrry slow. P57 were prepared to post to the UK though, so can't see why not where you are

xChris

I checked their Amazon.com shop and shipping to Europe was not anywhere to be found... did you contact them? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for shipping?
I'm still mulling over this one (must really stop mulling so much and just get on with life!!!! ;)). Maybe by the time I'm done mulling, there will be a set with (affordable) international shipping!

topfitmama 05-08-11 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj476 (Post 1805358)
Ruth:

No, I didn't do the 90 minute days. No time; but it just goes to show you that you don't need to do the 90 minutes. I didn't know if I could do 5 days in a row either but it helped alternating between Shelley & Tonya and I really enjoyed the workouts which helped make them fly by.

Marcy

Thanks! I'm relieved you don't need 90 minute sessions! :D
(I guess it gets that addictive for some people....)

christabel 05-08-11 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topfitmama (Post 1805362)
I checked their Amazon.com shop and shipping to Europe was not anywhere to be found... did you contact them? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for shipping?
I'm still mulling over this one (must really stop mulling so much and just get on with life!!!! ;)). Maybe by the time I'm done mulling, there will be a set with (affordable) international shipping!

looking at my order, postage was $12.29 - not cheap, but P57 via their website quoted me $39.99!! Total was $62.24.

When I ordered it, I simply added it to my basket, and the shipping sorted itself out. It does say international shipping available.

Best of luck!

xChris

christabel 05-08-11 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topfitmama (Post 1805364)
Thanks! I'm relieved you don't need 90 minute sessions! :D
(I guess it gets that addictive for some people....)

it does get that addictive! like some others I'm taking a break from it just now, concentrating on Ballet Body. I love love love P57, but at the moment, I need calm: have two months in which to write up my MSc...calm is the prescription for avoiding a nervous breakdown ;)

xChris

Erin3369 05-08-11 03:53 PM

You may have already made your choice regarding P57 but here are my 2 cents. I did it for 5x a wk for 4 months and then upped it to 6x a wk for 3.5 months. The only results I had were an increase in my measurements all over.
Shirts, pants, and underwear no longer fit comfortably. For the last 6 wks. I have reduced it to 3x a wk. with only 3/5 lb. weights. I was using 5/8 lbs.

Now my shirts fit again. My thighs no longer feel like watermelons. My rear, hips, and upper thighs are still much larger than I would like them to be. My pants and underwear still do not fit comfortably.

I am petite (5ft./3in.) I have stocky legs and had hopes for this program. I wish I was one of the lucky masses that got slim legs! I occasionally did 2 boosters on one day but no more than that. It is a fantastic program for gaining strength. I have never felt stronger. But my body did not respond in the way
I wanted it to. I felt/feel more bulky than I was previously.