Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How Am I Just Discovering Buti??? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=194920)

holliholli915 07-27-13 10:21 AM

How Am I Just Discovering Buti???

So, after reviewing the thread about DB's mention on Kris, I discovered Buti. I remember seeing a few comments on VF about it. But, when I viewed it online, it just seemed...different. Well, after watching it on Kris and seeing the founder's physique, my thoughts have changed. Couple that with the fact that it's my understanding that people are getting the same results from Buti as they are getting from TA and I'm interested! I really need a work out that stretches, strengthens and burns fat and this seems like it's it.

My only challenge is that I can't seem to find any comments on VF about actual results. I've seen all of the comments about music, where the free videos are, how the set breaks down. But, I want to know about results. Can anyone shed any light on this??? My plan is to do 3 days of TA, 2 days of Buti and one day of cardio.

Would really love to understand what you've seen from doing this work out.

holliholli915 07-27-13 05:31 PM

No responses yet to my original post. But, has anyone done the XY workouts by Bizzie? They are exactly what I've been looking for! I'm so happy someone has come out with a style of exercise that blends stretching and yoga with intense cardio and strength. Would love any feedback on these if anyone has it.

Missiscipi 07-27-13 09:05 PM

I just now discovered BUTI and XY. I am going to incorporate the downloads into my routine for sure!

Candiceena 07-27-13 09:08 PM

What is XY?

After publicly shaming Buti on here and their Facebook page for their blatant TA bash and swearing I would never do their workouts, this post got me to go to their website and preview one of the downloads.

shouldn't have done that.

mmm, crow....so tasty and delicous... yum yum

;)

glamgal 07-27-13 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candiceena (Post 2265288)

;)

Bwaahaha! This made me laugh out loud! :D

Travelmug 07-27-13 09:20 PM

I've been doing Buti for awhile now, mainly as a cardio complement to TA. Haven't really noticed anything results-wise except improved flexibility. I love Buti, I think it's just great!

holliholli915 07-27-13 10:09 PM

Quote:

What is XY?

;)

Love this! Ha! I saw the TA issue on their page. They definitely didn't handle it the best. But, I honestly don't think they understood how negatively they came across which is why they. just. kept. posting! But, I tried to put that aside because I really think they felt they were defending people. Plus, the work outs sound and look amazing!

ETA: XY is her HIIT program. It combines HIIT with yoga. I kind of like it, I must say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelmug (Post 2265294)
I've been doing Buti for awhile now, mainly as a cardio complement to TA. Haven't really noticed anything results-wise except improved flexibility. I love Buti, I think it's just great!

Finally someone! Interesting that you haven't noticed results. What keeps you coming back? Would you say it's more of a fat-burner? I'm fine with that as I have plenty of strength options. But, I really want a fun cardio that incorporates stretch. TA doesn't really include very much stretch and I'm not as disciplined about it on my own. So, Buti seems perfect.

Nuggie's Auntie 07-28-13 04:36 AM

Quote:

What is XY?

After publicly shaming Buti on here and their Facebook page for their blatant TA bash and swearing I would never do their workouts, this post got me to go to their website and preview one of the downloads.

;)

Hahaha! Too funny. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind. :)

I am so not tempted by Buti. It looks incredibly bizarre and kinda spastic to me, but I only previewed one.

hotncmom 07-28-13 07:35 AM

I tried a Buti workout once and I generally liked it but some of the moves were like :eek: Humping planks and all the hip pulses, very sexual. Plus with Bizzie nearly showing her naughty bits in that bathing suit she was wearing, well, it was all a bit too much. It was a good workout, my legs were fried, and I want to try another one someday (I got some Youtube downloads), but I will definitely have to wait until the kids get back in school. Don't want to scar them with mommy humping and grinding.

Just out of curiosity I looked at instructor training...can you imagine doing Buti in front of a whole class? I can't! The workout definitely appeals to the younger demographic.

moonbeam31 07-28-13 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotncmom (Post 2265358)
I tried a Buti workout once and I generally liked it but some of the moves were like :eek: Humping planks and all the hip pulses, very sexual. Plus with Bizzie nearly showing her naughty bits in that bathing suit she was wearing, well, it was all a bit too much. It was a good workout, my legs were fried, and I want to try another one someday (I got some Youtube downloads), but I will definitely have to wait until the kids get back in school. Don't want to scar them with mommy humping and grinding.

Just out of curiosity I looked at instructor training...can you imagine doing Buti in front of a whole class? I can't! The workout definitely appeals to the younger demographic.

I agree!

Helen S 07-28-13 11:19 AM

I'm turning 50 in September so I'm definitely not in the younger demographic. I've been doing Buti every week for seven months now. However, I can't post any results because I only do one workout a week. I cross-train with weight circuits, TA, Tonique, other cardio, and stretch/yoga. I also haven't weighed or measured myself in ages. But if I did get any results, I wouldn't know where it came from since I do too many different workouts.

I do think it's a great alternative to other yoga workouts. You get flexibility, strength, and cardio in one workout. The music is great and motivates me too. Flexibility comes from the yoga moves. Strength comes from the different planks and other bodyweight exercises. Cardio comes from the plank cardio and dance moves. Some exercises do double duty. For example, when you do low yogi squats while booty shaking, you get flexibility and lower body toning. Plank cardio gives you both strength and cardio benefits.

I've also done the XY workouts that mixes kettlebell exercises and yoga. Love them!! What's great is that you can try free Buti and XY workouts on vimeo and youtube.

desie 07-28-13 11:20 AM

Buti results. I have only rambling thoughts on this.
The best result I suppose is my own consistency. I workout about twice as often, because I love to do this, it makes me feel good. Often I can’t face a workout, but these workouts start out with a sitting warm-up to some seriously in-your-face music. Even if I just start off watching, in a minute I have restarted it and am doing it. Buti uses a lot of jiggling, hip and rib isolation work, and plyo moves to keep the body hot and breathing deeply, and advanced yoga poses performed in a constantly moving pattern, which are fun and challenging to do. The result for me is a loose, comfy body with no chronic tight spots. I do it on a yoga mat with a thick blanket underneath that for padding. The tone workouts are yoga intensive without instruction, she just calls out the name of a pose most times. I don’t have any workouts that push my yoga abilities like Buti does, and the advanced poses have really helped me to feel more comfy in my body.

Travelmug 07-28-13 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holliholli915 (Post 2265308)
Finally someone! Interesting that you haven't noticed results. What keeps you coming back? Would you say it's more of a fat-burner? I'm fine with that as I have plenty of strength options. But, I really want a fun cardio that incorporates stretch. TA doesn't really include very much stretch and I'm not as disciplined about it on my own. So, Buti seems perfect.

I think it's because I feel so good after Buti. That final shivasana is bliss. :) Buti really does work you out, and I'd say it's more of a fat-burner although there are lots of strength moves like hip circles in chatarunga (it hurts so good!). But yeah, the stretching component is really the highlight for me because like you say, TA doesn't stretch enough.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think there are enough reps to build strength - you'd have to complement with XY or Sculpt if you want definition. I'm not sure that Buti alone will cut it. But as cardio, it's wonderful.

Debbie S. 07-28-13 05:55 PM

Quote:

What is XY?

;)

They did delete your post along with others on FB. ;)

Nuggie's Auntie 07-28-13 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desie (Post 2265430)
Buti results. I have only rambling thoughts on this.
The best result I suppose is my own consistency. I workout about twice as often, because I love to do this, it makes me feel good.

That is high praise, indeed!

The one clip I saw had a number of gratuitous crotch shots, which I found more than irritating. The moves may be very sexual and the outfits skimpy and I can get over that, but I really don't need to see Bizzie's pelvis quite that up close and personal.

holliholli915 07-28-13 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelmug (Post 2265546)
I think it's because I feel so good after Buti. That final shivasana is bliss. :) Buti really does work you out, and I'd say it's more of a fat-burner although there are lots of strength moves like hip circles in chatarunga (it hurts so good!). But yeah, the stretching component is really the highlight for me because like you say, TA doesn't stretch enough.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think there are enough reps to build strength - you'd have to complement with XY or Sculpt if you want definition. I'm not sure that Buti alone will cut it. But as cardio, it's wonderful.

That's great because this is exactly what I need! I get plenty of strength work from TA's Meta MS. But, I really need to lean out and need to get in extra cardio. Plus, I have not been stretching nearly enough and have no idea how I've not injured myself.

I did attempt a run through of Buti Sweet & Spicy today and struggled to get into the poses just in the first five minutes alone! That business sitting cross-legged with your heel in your hip crease is brutal! It's amazing how tight my body is! So, I'm hoping Bizzie can help me to loosen up! Burning extra fat and getting extra cardio just makes this that much better!

froggy 07-28-13 09:34 PM

Am I the only one who thinks buti looks like a recipe for a hip blowout?

Candiceena 07-29-13 12:31 AM

There definitely seems like a lot of hip-action going on which was actually why it caught my eye because I feel like my hips are tight from working a desk job.

Anyway - those who have been doing Buti consistently - do you pay the $40/$60 a month for the downloads? Or do you just do her DVD? The downloads are kind of expensive.

bee 07-29-13 09:42 AM

When there was first Buti talk here months ago (wasn't it months?), I dismissed it, thinking I could never make my body move that way. I finally had to give it a try this morning. First victory: finally getting something to play over mac air or whatever it's called. Woot!! I did find that I liked the workout! I'm wondering how the dvds are -- how's the music, how are the workouts? I know I don't want to do the monthly subscription because I know I need more variety than what I'd get out of that kind of monthly fee.

Helen S 07-29-13 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2265763)
When there was first Buti talk here months ago (wasn't it months?), I dismissed it, thinking I could never make my body move that way. I finally had to give it a try this morning. First victory: finally getting something to play over mac air or whatever it's called. Woot!! I did find that I liked the workout! I'm wondering how the dvds are -- how's the music, how are the workouts? I know I don't want to do the monthly subscription because I know I need more variety than what I'd get out of that kind of monthly fee.

The music in the DVDs are the same as the youtube clips that were sponsored by a tea company. I prefer the music in her downloads. But like other instructors, they have to pay expensive licensing fees if they want to have good music in their DVDs. So their live classes usually have better music.

I don't do the monthly subscription. When she first started, she let you try her downloads for free for one month. I don't know if she still does that. But that's how I know that I prefer the music in her downloads. Her two vimeo downloads are like the music in her subscription service. I prefer the one that uses Dancehall music. I like the music in the other one too but at first I was shocked that there was swearing in it. It's kind of jarring when you don't expect that in a wo.

From the other thread, I know that there is a new instructor called MC. I haven't tried her wos. I like Bizzie and Kristin.

Bunny 07-29-13 12:02 PM

I'm late to the Buti party also! Are the workouts in the subscription service downloads? I find it impossible to do workouts on my computer, so I like to download and then burn them to DVD.

And does anyone have any tips on how to download from Vimeo? I have never been able to get this to work!

Travelmug 07-29-13 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holliholli915 (Post 2265633)
That's great because this is exactly what I need! I get plenty of strength work from TA's Meta MS. But, I really need to lean out and need to get in extra cardio. Plus, I have not been stretching nearly enough and have no idea how I've not injured myself.

I did attempt a run through of Buti Sweet & Spicy today and struggled to get into the poses just in the first five minutes alone! That business sitting cross-legged with your heel in your hip crease is brutal! It's amazing how tight my body is! So, I'm hoping Bizzie can help me to loosen up! Burning extra fat and getting extra cardio just makes this that much better!

It gets easier! The flexibility gains will come with consistency for sure. Today I was able to do full lotus, for the first time ever in my life. Buti's not just for opening the hips - my back was so tight when I started but now it has loosened and doing hip circles in half lotus feels much better now. :)

mrsyancy 07-29-13 12:41 PM

Are the DVDs more beginner, int, or adv. The description says beginner to adv, so does that mean they're more advanced and beginner modifications are shown, or do the DVDs advance from the first to the third DVD?

azuniga 07-29-13 12:50 PM

I just started the dvd rotation last Wed and my Lotus is already improving. Lost a couple of pounds already. Very happy with the results I'm getting. To me they are tough workouts! I decided to start with the Dvd's because that is what Bizzie has recommended. I find them all intermediate/advanced because some of the yoga moves require you to be pretty flexible plus the plyos. I'm sure I'll probably add in some of the online classes pretty soon because I like the Kristina classes so much, but the DVDs to me are worth it. She has a breakdown section of all the Buti moves. Fun workouts.

Helen S 07-29-13 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsyancy (Post 2265831)
Are the DVDs more beginner, int, or adv. The description says beginner to adv, so does that mean they're more advanced and beginner modifications are shown, or do the DVDs advance from the first to the third DVD?

I think the 25 min. wo is easier than the other two wos because it's shorter. She also adds more yoga moves that are relaxing in between the more strenous parts.

The 45 min wo is similar to the tea company youtube wos. The one hour wo has the same exercises but it seems harder because it's longer.

These are the Tone wos. I haven't tried any of the Sculpting wos.

altinker 07-29-13 09:29 PM

I am interested in buying the dvd set, but I don't think I'd get consistent use out of them. I would prefer for them to be on sale. I also saw that FB post and didn't like the tone of it. It's probably just a maturity thing. The workout does look unique, but I am not sure it would work for me. I wish they sold one dvd. I don't really know how to download the youtube dvds and watch them.

holliholli915 07-29-13 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelmug (Post 2265828)
It gets easier! The flexibility gains will come with consistency for sure. Today I was able to do full lotus, for the first time ever in my life. Buti's not just for opening the hips - my back was so tight when I started but now it has loosened and doing hip circles in half lotus feels much better now. :)

Good to know! I was surprised at how uncomfortable I was to be in the moves. How often are you doing the workouts? I plan to do them twice per week and hope I'll get results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azuniga (Post 2265835)
I just started the dvd rotation last Wed and my Lotus is already improving. Lost a couple of pounds already. Very happy with the results I'm getting. To me they are tough workouts! I decided to start with the Dvd's because that is what Bizzie has recommended. I find them all intermediate/advanced because some of the yoga moves require you to be pretty flexible plus the plyos. Fun workouts.

Congratulations on the great results and only in a few days! That's amazing. Are you following the rotation in the DVD set? I don't have that calendar or the DVDs. I'm going to do the online workouts to make sure I like Buti and actually get results. While I'm impressed, I am a bit skeptical. :p

daisyduke 07-29-13 09:52 PM

My son 'exercises' with me. I can't even imagine what his face would look like if I put this on. Lol. I should try it just for a laugh. He would probably be a hoot.

azuniga 07-30-13 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holliholli915 (Post 2266076)

Congratulations on the great results and only in a few days! That's amazing. Are you following the rotation in the DVD set? I don't have that calendar or the DVDs. I'm going to do the online workouts to make sure I like Buti and actually get results. While I'm impressed, I am a bit skeptical. :p

I am following the rotation that the dvd set brought. I took some weeks off during spring and summer and I just started to work out again a couple of weeks ago. Decided that the dvds were the best place I should start since I knew I'd lost my flexibility and strength, plus I didn't watch what I ate during those weeks.

Travelmug 07-30-13 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holliholli915 (Post 2266076)
Good to know! I was surprised at how uncomfortable I was to be in the moves. How often are you doing the workouts? I plan to do them twice per week and hope I'll get results.

I do the workouts at least three times a week - usually three-five. Bizzie has a really nice 25 minute workout that doesn't feel as intense to me on those days I can't give my all.

flamingoo 07-30-13 11:57 AM

Since there seems to be more interest in this series again, I emailed Buti to see if they would be having a sale soon or a code VF could use. She just got back to me and said later today she would send be a code for VF people to purchase. It would drop down to $39.99 instead of $49.99. I'm not sure what the shipping costs are. I know there has been some controversy, but I think it's still nice of them to offer and I hope some of you take advantage of it:D I'll let you know the code when I receive it.
Robyn

bee 07-30-13 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingoo (Post 2266339)
Since there seems to be more interest in this series again, I emailed Buti to see if they would be having a sale soon or a code VF could use. She just got back to me and said later today she would send be a code for VF people to purchase. It would drop down to $39.99 instead of $49.99. I'm not sure what the shipping costs are. I know there has been some controversy, but I think it's still nice of them to offer and I hope some of you take advantage of it:D I'll let you know the code when I receive it.
Robyn

That'd be great, Robyn -- thanks! I was pretty close to ordering -- that would put me over the edge.

flamingoo 07-30-13 07:45 PM

O.k so here's the deal. The code is VFITFORUM19 ( this must be in all caps) the code is valid July 30th-August 10 and must be ordered through www.bizziegold.com. This is a special deal for VF only and she did ask to keep the code to VF ( no one outside the forum) I'm shutting down the computer for the night, but if someone else wants to make a thread to post this, please feel free.
Robyn

deineira 07-30-13 08:12 PM

WOW, thanks for getting a discount code for us. That is awesome. I am going to order now, as I appreciate Bizzie doing that for VF...and you for asking on our behalf. I've done the tea workouts a few times and I like them.

F1mom 07-30-13 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotncmom (Post 2265358)

It's definitely something that would appeal to a 20-something. I often think this workout would have suited my late sister to a tee.

I pulled a muscle in my upper back doing BUTI a few months ago and kinda lost my BUTI love. I traded my DVDs but I kept the copies I had of all her downloads because they're easier and a bit shorter. Recent health issues have had me back off really intense workouts anyways.

I got good results in terms of lower body toning and a good cardio boost but I didn't stick with it long enough to credit results to it alone. Changing my eating made more difference than any workout I've tried the last 20 years.

Including using crow as a good source of protein. ;) :love:

mle777 07-31-13 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamingoo (Post 2266591)
O.k so here's the deal. The code is VFITFORUM19 ( this must be in all caps) the code is valid July 30th-August 10 and must be ordered through www.bizziegold.com. This is a special deal for VF only and she did ask to keep the code to VF ( no one outside the forum) I'm shutting down the computer for the night, but if someone else wants to make a thread to post this, please feel free.
Robyn

Wow, that was really sweet of her :sun:

holliholli915 07-31-13 08:51 PM

I'm excited to say that I did a Buti workout and I absolutely loved it! I tacked it on to a Anna Kaiser dance cardio routine and it was the perfect way to stretch out a bit more and get some additional circuit work. Tomorrow I plan on doing Bizzie's XY workout for some straight HIIT cardio and yoga.

I can't wait until my body starts to loosen up a bit more - I am very stiff. Just when you think you're in great shape, you find you have something else to work on. But, that's a good thing!

If anyone is on the fence about this style, I recommend trying several of the classes available on YouTube. I'm truly happy that she places such a large amount of content online so that each person can see if it's really for them. I will definitely be taking advantage of the special VF offer.

mrsyancy 07-31-13 09:25 PM

Thks for asking.....that was very nice of her and I will definitely be ordering:D

lorajc 07-31-13 10:17 PM

I'm on a strict budget right now due to not having a job, so cansomeone tell me what the best free But I workouts are to try on YouTube?

isebelleg44 08-02-13 07:41 AM

Can someone with no rhythm do these?:D