Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   free scenic downloads - company seeks feedback (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=70768)

WWWendy 06-16-05 01:27 PM

free scenic downloads - company seeks feedback

Hi everyone,

I recently got an email from a company based in France called http://www.look2moov.com . They have produced outdoor scenic films, approx. 10 minutes each, designed for those who use exercise equipment at home such as treadmills, stationary bikes, ski/rowing machines, etc. My contact there, Sylvie, asked me for feedback and I sent her some after downloading and watching two of the films. After receiving my feeback, she felt they would benefit from getting additional consumer feedback from a larger group. They want the candid opinions of VFers about this concept and its execution, particularly from those who use exercise machines at home and would be the target audience for a product like this, so to that end they are offering their downloads (which are regularly about $4 US) for free for the remainder of this month.

The current downloads were designed to be played right on the computer screen --they are not, at this point, of high enough quality to be burned to DVD and viewed on a larger TV screen.

If this is something that interests you or might potentially interest you, and your computer/internet connection are adequate for these large downloads, take a look and feel free to share your comments here or email them some feedback. They have some interesting ideas for future films, including settings such as Montmartre in Paris and climbing the Eiffel Tower.

Here is Sylvie's message asking for feedback:

Quote:

a new web site has just been launched : http://www.look2moov.com

it provides outdoor films (jogging, rowing, skiing, snowshoeing, mountain biking, hiking ....) , to inspire indoor fitness workouts (using treadmill, elliptical, rower, exercise bike, stepper...) . The site requires the Flash plug-in and a fast internet connection to download the films (10mn).

DVDs are also planned later, to increase image quality and make it watchable on TV, but for the moment, all films can be downloaded for FREE, until end of June, because consumer FEEDBACK is required to better adapt supply to demand.

- is it motivating ?
- which films, scenes, angles are useful/useless ?
- should the films be longer/shorter?
- what kind of music?
- etc...
-> Comments (positive, negative, suggestions, questions...) are welcome on the forum, or via email to contact@look2moov.com

Helen7 06-19-05 03:14 AM

video for elliptical ?

Hi everyone, I am considering getting an elliptical trainer with an integrated or attachable LCD. Does anybody know of or have done workouts like these ?
Helen

sheepla 06-20-05 11:48 AM

I'll try to check these out. I love the concept, but would have to move my laptop into my workout room as I only have a tv in there now.

Kimberly33 06-20-05 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen7
Hi everyone, I am considering getting an elliptical trainer with an integrated or attachable LCD. Does anybody know of or have done workouts like these ?
Helen

You may want to re-ask this as its own thread in General Discussion. I have heard of people using the Spinervals DVDs on ellipticals, and I think Cardio Coach would work fine.

Helen7 06-22-05 08:25 AM

ok, thanks

Helen7 06-23-05 06:29 AM

any experience with scenic videos ?

... I just checked Spinervals serie, but it seems to be indoor videos, and I'm looking for -outdoor- videos.

- I also looked at www.destinationfitness.com, the concept is very close to the concept proposed by look2moov !

-> has anyone tried destinationfitness VHS and/or www.look2moov.com files ?

giacchina 06-23-05 03:45 PM

Check out www.ridenrun.com

They have some cycling videos filmed outdoors in the Lake Placid area.

Jackie

FitBoop 06-23-05 07:00 PM

Years back, I purchased some videos that were to be used with the stationary bike, and it was of scenery, but you were not watching someone else, you were watching the scenery as if you were there, so you got the feeling of momentum. Watching someone else doing the activity on a movie doesn't look interesting to me.

sheepla 06-23-05 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abbe
Years back, I purchased some videos that were to be used with the stationary bike, and it was of scenery, but you were not watching someone else, you were watching the scenery as if you were there, so you got the feeling of momentum. Watching someone else doing the activity on a movie doesn't look interesting to me.

I agree. I would love for example a video for the rowing machine that is perhaps a camera on a boat, showing moving through the water, rather than of the rower himself. I love the idea of watching scenery while I work out.

Debbie S. 06-24-05 08:56 AM

I had the same reaction as Abbe and Sheepla. To me, it looked as if someone was just filming their SO running or walking.