Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kellogg's Zumba DVD (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=156106)

jpsrolls 10-31-10 06:56 PM

Kellogg's Zumba DVD

I got a free Zumba DVD a few years ago, and still enjoy it very much. In the introduction, they said it was the second DVD. I am looking for the first. The one I have has a picture of Jenny de Guzman on it, and it has a pink background. I have written to Kellogg's, who said they no longer have either one. I can't find it on ebay either. Does anyone have any ideas where I could get it?

Thanks in advance!

horsemom2 11-02-10 04:04 PM

I believe volume one was VHS only.

Barb S

Pam61 11-02-10 06:45 PM

2004 Zumba VHS (Red sleeve)

Since I missed out on the Kellogg's promotion (and wasn't into Zumba back then) I purchased mine on e-bay about 2-3 months ago.

Mine has a 20 minute workout with Jenny, and then a 10 minute workout that the kids do at the end of the video. I've only done it once, and can't remember if it's the first or second workout.

I think there was another one that was blue, if I'm remembering correctly.

Did you try posting on the Ya-ya's swap?

I'd still try searching on e-bay as you never know what you might turn up. I would have preferred the DVD version.

Good luck with your search! ;)

SharonH 11-02-10 06:53 PM

Someone was kind enough to give me the Vol. 2 DVD. It is called Zumbando rather than Zumba. It's a lower body workout. I was never able to find out about Vol. 1 so I'm glad to hear that it really exists.

Pam61 11-03-10 11:43 AM

Yes, the VHS one I have is "Zumbando" con Kellogg's productos! It's done entirely in Spanish, I think. Jenny is adorable, but Zumba isn't cued much at all. Sort of watch me and follow along. ;)

This one isn't lower body toning, so I guess I do have the first one. A mix of latin rhythm dance steps.

When I got the VHS version it was still in the shrink wrap, which was nice to see! I don't reach for VHS much anymore, but I HAD to have anything ZUMBA! :D

bzar 11-03-10 04:21 PM

is there an Everything Zumba thread? i'd like to see one, because one of these days, i'm thinking of getting one. i sorta gave up when the initial vhs versions were OOP and were skyrocketing in price.

Pam61 11-03-10 04:23 PM

Yeah, an everything Zumba would be GREAT!

Where's Joanna when we need her? :)

Ctfitnut 11-04-10 08:18 AM

I found the zumba early routines on youtube and had managed to burn them to a dvd (which took a download from youtube and then convert them to a usable format for my dvd program). It took a long time and it was quite a while ago that I did it. I think using my laptop and my projector is a quicker and easier way to "play" the earlier zumba Kellogg routines. Of course there are plenty of other songs and zumba routines on you tube that are good.

Sheila (a ZIN - zumba instructor)

cuteus51 11-11-10 08:28 PM

I wish I had been into Zumba back when Kelloggs had the promotion, I probably bought the cereal for the free movies instead. My daughter lives in the UK and really loves the you tube kelloggs routines and is sad that she can not find a copy. There is not much opportunity for her to take the classes because they are late and she rides a bike home from work. I really wish I could find the series for her and me to do over Skype. We have been getting together and sharing workouts in Skype and when we share the You tube videos they tend to freeze up. The sad thing is that someone somewhere probably discarded these tapes instead of recycling them.:(. If anyone has any knowledge of how to secure the workouts from any source, please let me know. She likes that it has an eclectic feel with belly dancing, flamenco, etc. Me, as a mommy that wants to make baby happy would love to find it. Me, as an adult sharing some time with my adult daughter living overseas, would be most grateful for any info.