Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - March 2022 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232453)

JBliff 03-01-22 08:08 AM

Total Max Mixers - March 2022

Hi everyone. My workout yesterday was Body Weight & Bands + 25 minutes of yoga. Sunday's workout was a 60-minute walk with DH.

Karjoy - Sleep is still elusive. I'm happy if I get 5 to 5-1/2 hours a night. This morning I was up at 2:30 a.m.

Our health district is not doing great in terms of COVID (12% positivity rate). However, where I live is down to about 6.9% positivity rate, the lowest rate in the health district area.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.

karjoy 03-01-22 08:56 PM

Jbliff your particular area positivity rate is very good! I think when it hits below 5% it’s no longer considered pandemic. I think that’s right. I hope you get some decent sleep starting tonight.

My back is bothering me a bit so I’m using today for back rehab work and stretching. I already feel a bit better.

Vannie when do you get signs of spring in your area? And when is usually your latest snow?

Night all.

Vantreesta 03-01-22 10:06 PM

Karen, it's been above freezing and even 40 the last several days so most of that snow I was shoveling last week has melted. Unfortunately it's still getting below freezing at night so we get ice every night and slop during the day. I'm quite frankly sick of ice!!! Anyway, it's hard to say when things will start to green up. I heard once that the only month in MN with no record of snow is July. On May 1, 2013 we got over a foot of snow.

Yesterday I did Wake Up & Walk week 3 from Leslie's YouTube channel and a hip and glute workout from Upright Health. Today was week 4 of Leslie and Caroline Jordan glute activation workout. I kind of ran out of time both days.

JBliff 03-02-22 09:26 AM

My workout yesterday was a short walk and Rev'd Up Rumble + calorie crush premix.

Vannie - Wow, I can't believe there's only one month of no recorded snow in MN. That's amazing.

Karjoy - Take care of your back!

Waves to all. Have a good day.

karjoy 03-02-22 08:18 PM

Hi guys. Quick post. 35 very easy minutes on the treadmill. Next to last run before the big day. Judi comes tomorrow. Yippee!

Ya’ ll it will be like high 80s here by next week. I’m not ready!!

We desperately need rain. Spring is usually dry here but when it is this warm we really miss the rain. The grass won’t green up. Some of our neighborhood ponds are drying up.

Waves to all, kareng

Vantreesta 03-02-22 10:25 PM

I did a mish mash today. Before breakfast (but after coffee!) I did Human 2.0 Fitness Movement Challenge day 10 and Yoga With Bird 30 Days of Yoga day 8. I am loving this movement challenge and the yoga practice was perfect for today. This afternoon I did the floor routines for hips & butt and upper back from Jill Miller's Massage Therapy Kit, Caroline Jordan Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis Pain, Lauren Brooks' squat challenge day 10, GuerrillaZen bulletproof knees, Jill Miller YTU Quick Fix Lower Body feet and ankles, posture exercises and PT stuff. Never made it to the main workout bc I dozed off doing my stretches! I took that as a pretty good sign I didn't have the energy for my run. :(

JBliff 03-03-22 09:45 AM

My workout yesterday was PHA2 + 35 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy
- 80s in early March is way too hot!

Vannie - Too funny you dozed off during the stretches. I've almost gotten there doing savasanas if I'm particularly tired.

Hi to Gibbee and Cher. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 03-03-22 07:35 PM

Cheryl said she is hanging in there, trying not to worry about Joseph. She's still working out, just hasn't felt like posting. She appreciates our missing her. :)

karjoy 03-03-22 08:57 PM

Hi guys. Dear Judi got here today and we have had a nice time already. We got takeout from our favorite Thai place, did some last minute shopping at Le Target and are planning our trip. We drive tomorrow to Albany, Ga, to stay overnight and our race is Saturday morning. Albany is only 1.5 hours away so we can have a nice relaxed day.

Vannie so glad you heard from Cher. Cher, we miss you, but just post when you can. Now has Joseph seen the GI doctor or is his appt coming up. I am sorry it worries you. Hugs!

Jbliff you know Judi lives in Va, in Lovettsville. This is in the foothills as you know and on her last run a day or 2 ago it was 46 degrees. She can’t believe how warm it is thus early. I’ll be able to lift again soon and do some Cathe’s. Can you remind me which PHA is your fave and why?

Vannie fantastic work on all those challenges yesterday! I don’t know how you do it. No way I could run after doing that.

Thinking of you Gibbee.

Vantreesta 03-04-22 10:44 AM

I didn't workout yesterday at all. I'm not happy with that choice but I can't change it now so I need to just make better choices today. I was having an emotional day and just really at loose ends, unable to really focus on anything till I should have been going to bed and then I got on the computer and stayed up till 1:15. Even though I argued with myself that I should just go to bed. Sigh. Today is a new day!

JB, my hubby said even he could probably workout that way! The purpose is to relax so I guess I met the goal! :) I wish I could do those stretches in bed so I could just fall asleep and it would be okay, but I can't really do them in a queen sized bed when he's already asleep and when I sleep under a 15 lb blanket! I'm just gonna have to make sure I take my phone down with me and make sure I have an alarm set for about when my stretches will end in case I do fall asleep!

Karen, so happy for you getting to spend time with Judi! I hope you guys have a ton of fun and a great race! Enjoy!