Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Pilates Cross-Trainers NOVEMBER 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229738)

Usia 11-01-20 08:45 AM

Pilates Cross-Trainers NOVEMBER 2020

Starting us off in November!

fanofladyvols 11-01-20 09:42 AM

Thanks Dana!!

CS #0732 Ab and spine strengthening so far today..

Usia 11-01-20 10:08 AM

I haven't worked out yet but I'm thinking of doing this Barre for Weight Loss by Coach Kel. Looks really good to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM9DeZsIOik

I'm very sore today after Cathe's workout yesterday so I may just pick to do some stretching or yoga.

txhsmom 11-01-20 08:09 PM

Sunday's workouts were

Ellen Barrett - Prayer Flow - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Pilates for Lower Back Pain Relief - 10 minutes

I woke up with my low back hurting. At first I was going to blame it on the Bar Method workout I did on Friday, but my son reminded me that I shoveled a fair amount of snow and ice on Wednesday and Thursday, and picked up tons of acorns on Friday and Saturday, not to mention helped him move the dryer out so we could replace the exhaust hose. So maybe it was that, and not my workout. Anyway, a gentle workout seemed best, so I turned to Ellen. Prayer Flow is not cardio, and it's not weights. It's just larger ranges of motion and movement, not really intended to raise your heart rate. It was a pleasant workout - very soothing.

Dana - That barre workout does look nice! Good find!

Waves to all ~

Carol

fanofladyvols 11-01-20 10:57 PM

Dana that looks good but tough, too. Please let us know what you think!

Carol you made my back wince reading all that...sheesh woman! Glad you found something you could do that was gentle.

donnamp 11-02-20 07:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

I went w/ Pahla B today - I am going to try to focus on doing more stretching when I do her workouts and maybe some foam rolling. I enjoy the simplicity of them and even though Pahla talks a lot, I don't mind it.

So, today was:

Pahla B - Walking w/ Weights Osteoporosis Prevention Workout
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 15 min Morning Yin

I took the day off today - but not sure what I'm going to do - it is deary and windy out - but I'll find something to do.

Carol - OMG - that is a lot of work on your back - I'm sure that is the culprit. I also think that a lot of our daily activities that we do unconsciously contribute to our aches and pains, the way we sit or stand probably has more to do w/ our aches and pains than our workouts. I really like Prayer Flow!!

Thanks for starting us off Dana!

Waves, Linda

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Usia 11-02-20 09:11 AM

Good morning!

ePilates Morning Stretch - 20min
LITE Rev'd Up Rumble - 40min

Morning Stretch was a basic but a lovely stretch that ended with a pigeon stretch. Any stretch that has pigeon pose it a good stretch for me. Love it!

Even though I bought ICE and LITE a year ago, I haven't done too many workouts from either series. Today was the first time I did Rev'd up Rumble. I liked it just fine but it moved fast and the drills left me flinging my arms and legs in all different directions unlike anything that Cathe did. I burned almost 300 calories during this workout, so it's not all bad. Mistakes burn calories too!

This week I'm planning to do LITE Metabolic Blast and LITE Body Weight with Bands workouts and do ePilates on alternate days. My ePilates membership expires at the end of this month and I have to decide whether I'll renew for another year. I've been having problems with freezing during streaming and that takes away from my enjoyment of the classes. I guess it's not too bad with youtube because at least I'm not paying for it, so if I don't use it - it's no biggie..

I have to go to the office today, so I have to rush. Waves to all!

fanofladyvols 11-02-20 02:45 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DONNA!!!
:love: :music:. :D

donnamp 11-02-20 03:54 PM

Thank you, Linda!!! :sun: :heart:

I took the day off from work, although I did call in for a meeting - but it has been a nice day getting caught up on some stuff at home...

Dana - I am going over what subscriptions I plan to keep in the new year and I am going to whittle down quite a bit. I think I will just have Jessica Valent (I signed up for a year in July) and Ellen B. I think I'm going to let go of Faithful Workouts - although I like the messages the workouts end up all feeling sort of the same to me and some of them feel rushed. And, I did sign up for a year w/ Trifecta Pilates - and I plan to let that go and just use her You Tube channel.

I think for the new year I will do my DVDs and supplement w/ You Tube.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon...

Donna

Usia 11-02-20 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamp (Post 2896850)
I think for the new year I will do my DVDs and supplement w/ You Tube.

Happy Birthday, Donna! I hope you had a nice day! :sun:

I too, am planning to concentrate on my dvd collection and keep only 1 subscription which runs through next July. I've already cancelled GHUTV (will run out in Dec) and I will probably cancel ePilates. This freezing issue is annoying and I have such a variety in my DVD collection that I should just use my dvds.