Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New/Upcoming Release Fusion Fitness Cardio presale (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=193659)

Sue B 06-13-13 02:37 PM

Marie, I'm with you. That's even worse than Rachel using the B-word as an acronym throughout FBB.

Wonder if they shout it throughout the workout... "Be the MILF! Come on, you're a MILF!" :eek: no, thanks.

m42 06-13-13 02:45 PM

I thought it stood for Max Interval Laced with Fusion. At least thats what it says on the website.

hotncmom 06-13-13 02:48 PM

Quote:

this workout will have you looking like you’re 20 again
Really? LOL :D How incredibly insulting to older women. Who writes this stuff?

m42, it's a term popularized in the 90's by the movie American Pie. It stands for Mom I'd like to F---
Tacky name for a workout, IMO.

momofcha 06-13-13 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotncmom (Post 2243976)
Really? LOL :D How incredibly insulting to older women. Who writes this stuff?

Yeah, their marketing and names leave a LOT to be desired... but unless they are screaming out the MILF comment in the workouts, I'm ok with it, if the content is worth it. I can overlook a lot, and hopefully this is no different. And honestly, I look better now than when I was in my 20s... :D

marmact 06-13-13 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m42 (Post 2243972)
I thought it stood for Max Interval Laced with Fusion. At least that's what it says on the website.

Yes, it does, but it's obviously a play on a commonly used pejorative that stands for something else altogether. Try Google, or use the Urban Dictionary. There's no way that wasn't intentional.

I'm glad people are excited about this set. I like some of the workouts from the DB set, but not enough to pay this much. I do hope Darby reads these threads, though, and recognizes that for the price she wants, she needs better production values, specifically:
  • Chaptering
  • Rehearsals! The modifiers need to know HOW they are to modify. They should not have to be cued every time, nor should they have to look questioningly at the instructor until they figure out how to make something lower in impact.
  • Premixes
  • Audio options such as "Cues only"

Just my .02. Hopefully that doesn't make people feel defensive. If you use workouts a lot, whatever you pay for them is worth it to me, IMO. I just think Darby's audience will stay limited at this price point unless she addresses the bigger production issues from the last set.

hotncmom 06-13-13 03:07 PM

Shammy, I look better too! Not skinnier, but definitely sexier...ask DH LOL.

m42 06-13-13 03:11 PM

I figured it was a play on words, but I really doubt that they will be shouting out milf during the workout. I want these even though they look very similar to the set I already have and never use. :o

paideiamom 06-13-13 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furmomof6 (Post 2243845)
Okay, I had to look that one up... :eek: Talk about niave! Yes, offensive indeed.

ETA: Marmact, you had very valid points, I wish you kept your post!

Yeah. Definite turnoff for me.

hotncmom 06-13-13 03:19 PM

Quote:

I want these even though they look very similar to the set I already have and never use.
I LOL'd at your comment. So true :o

koinonia 06-13-13 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marmact (Post 2243988)
Yes, it does, but it's obviously a play on a commonly used pejorative that stands for something else altogether. Try Google, or use the Urban Dictionary. There's no way that wasn't intentional.

I'm glad people are excited about this set. I like some of the workouts from the DB set, but not enough to pay this much. I do hope Darby reads these threads, though, and recognizes that for the price she wants, she needs better production values, specifically:
  • Chaptering
  • Rehearsals! The modifiers need to know HOW they are to modify. They should not have to be cued every time, nor should they have to look questioningly at the instructor until they figure out how to make something lower in impact.
  • Premixes
  • Audio options such as "Cues only"

Just my .02. Hopefully that doesn't make people feel defensive. If you use workouts a lot, whatever you pay for them is worth it to me, IMO. I just think Darby's audience will stay limited at this price point unless she addresses the bigger production issues from the last set.

ITA with you! I like the Dreambody set, but it would be so much better if it was more polished and rehearsed. In fusion mix, Darby shouldn't have to keep reminding the modifier to modify. ;)