Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   If I started my own barre streaming service.... (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228015)

fatkat555 03-05-20 01:14 PM

If I started my own barre streaming service....

What advice would you give me? Don’t do it? :p

Seriously, I own my own small barre studio and have considered doing streaming workouts for quite some time; however, I have no idea where to start. I’m 53 so would that translate well to current market? Music (BIG issue)? I was looking at Vimeo like KCM and Linda from Barlates.

Any thoughts/advice are welcome. I have to admit to being tech challenged so I really do appreciate any input.

Softshoe 03-05-20 01:54 PM

Though I don't subscribe to any streaming, let me encourage you. I just wanted to say I wish instructors would consider the setting a bit more. For example, Linda from Barlates came out with a "Traditional Barre Series". The rebounder in the background doesn't go with the theme, at least for me. Setting the stage is important. Good luck!!

fatkat555 03-05-20 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softshoe (Post 2862413)
Though I don't subscribe to any streaming, let me encourage you. I just wanted to say I wish instructors would consider the setting a bit more. For example, Linda from Barlates came out with a "Traditional Barre Series". The rebounder in the background doesn't go with the theme, at least for me. Setting the stage is important. Good luck!!

Thank you! :)

antbuko 03-05-20 02:39 PM

Fatkat, why don't you test drive on Youtube? I support a few channels on Patreon and they release patron-only videos on Youtube. That's something you can consider. I don't know how Vimeo works but I'd be interested to see your videos. :) Patreon has different levels of support, i.e. tiered pricing to which additional services are offered to each tier. I just took a look and I see Pahla B has a Patreon page and there are a number of other fitness video instructors as well.

fatkat555 03-05-20 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antbuko (Post 2862417)
Fatkat, why don't you test drive on Youtube? I support a few channels on Patreon and they release patron-only videos on Youtube. That's something you can consider. I don't know how Vimeo works but I'd be interested to see your videos. :) Patreon has different levels of support, i.e. tiered pricing to which additional services are offered to each tier. I just took a look and I see Pahla B has a Patreon page and there are a number of other fitness video instructors as well.

Thank you! I’ll definitely consider YouTube!

bubbles76 03-05-20 06:03 PM

I was going to suggest youtube to test drive as well.

fatkat555 03-05-20 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles76 (Post 2862455)
I was going to suggest youtube to test drive as well.

:heart:

yogapam 03-05-20 11:19 PM

I don’t have any advice to give, but I’d love to try your workouts on YT. That’s a great idea! It sounds like a good starting point, do keep us posted please!

Sand 03-06-20 01:16 AM

A lot of barre workouts miss the opportunity to market to the older crowd who doesn't workout. Or even to people who are going through health setbacks and/or recoveries.

My parents are in their 70's and I'd love to get them into some type of movement routine that will help them as they age. I have a standing barre that I don't currently use and was thinking that I could show them certain standing barre moves to get them moving.

Demeris 03-06-20 09:01 AM

Do it! If you do something through YouTube, you'd have all of us VFers cheering you on. Do it!