Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   dongle - which brand (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226425)

tytbody 07-31-19 01:42 PM

dongle - which brand

Hi,

Which brand of dongle did you purchase to watch videos on the big tv?

ellaenchanted 07-31-19 04:02 PM

Which videos? I just wirelessly connected my phone to the TV with no dongle needed. Then I screen mirror/cast to my TV. I have also used HDMI cables. What type of TV do you have? I think Chromecast makes a dongle that can do this.

tytbody 07-31-19 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellaenchanted (Post 2832387)
Which videos? I just wirelessly connected my phone to the TV with no dongle needed. Then I screen mirror/cast to my TV. I have also used HDMI cables. What type of TV do you have? I think Chromecast makes a dongle that can do this.

how do i connect my computer to the TV?

where do I look to do that?

I thought I had to buy this wireless dongle thingy to do that.

I can stream videos from my phone just fine but I'm talking about when you to to someone's website, and I want to see the video, that is not on youtube, on my big TV.

Pat58 07-31-19 04:31 PM

Marking spot, I would like to know too.

laurajhawk 07-31-19 05:35 PM

I use AppleTV for this, but that's because my phone and laptop are both from Apple. I know Chromecast can do this and also Amazon Fire (firestick, fire TV) depending on what device you want to stream from.

(Like most Apple things, AppleTV is very nice and very easy to use with other Apple devices, and is much more expensive than other brands.)

ellaenchanted 07-31-19 08:26 PM

I tap the casting icon on the apps like YT or Netflix and it automatically connects to my TV via wifi. The icon looks like a box with 3 semicircles in the corner (like sound waves). That may be a bad description but you can Google what it looks like.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and the TVs are Samsung and Vizio. Make sure you turn on SmartView on your phone so it will find your TV.

tytbody 07-31-19 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurajhawk (Post 2832397)
I use AppleTV for this, but that's because my phone and laptop are both from Apple. I know Chromecast can do this and also Amazon Fire (firestick, fire TV) depending on what device you want to stream from.

(Like most Apple things, AppleTV is very nice and very easy to use with other Apple devices, and is much more expensive than other brands.)

I have an Apple TV box and a Firesticks. I just don’t know how to get either of them to mirror.

Yes I get YouTube just from my tv. But I want to go to a website that has those little video and make it show on my tv. I’m looking in the Firesticks info now and the Apple TV. So frustrating

Helen 08-01-19 01:57 AM

ChromeCast for the gym TV (older TV without bluetooth)

tytbody 08-01-19 02:32 PM

okay, I just ordered one.. thanks for the help

laurajhawk 08-02-19 08:28 AM

I hope the new one works for you!
The Apple TV box will only mirror from Apple devices (computer, phone, iPad). You have to put the device into AirPlay mode and it should find the AppleTV and mirror to it.