Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Favorites... (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=216907)

DrSteph 08-15-16 09:50 AM

I purchased my first KCM workout in January and liked it so much I quickly ended up with 8 more! :D

It's hard to choose favorites as I really like them all, and have been doing only KCM's 30 minute workouts for cardio and strength for the last several months. With all of her premixes the options are seemingly endless! Here are the ones I have:

Strength
Muscle Definition (If pushed to pick a "favorite" strength it would be this one)
Your Best Body
Body Shop

Cardio
Kickboxing
Train Like a Contender (TLC)
Stepboxing

Circuit/Interval/Mix
Circuit Burn
Trim Down
Cardio Pump (one workout is all boxing/cardio, one is pyramid strength, and the premixes make a variety of interval workouts)

Steph

bzar 08-15-16 10:39 AM

while we're on the subject, which ones have step cardio and of those, which ones are "easier" step?

i ordered Cardio/Sculpt Fitness after looking at VFer's reviews and comments on this forum since there was no review in the review forum.

Boots 08-15-16 02:18 PM

Cardio Blast is a great dvd in my opinion. It has a very easy to follow step workout that is fun with good music. The second workout on the dvd is a plyometric workout, and it is fun, too.

Aurora C. 08-15-16 03:02 PM

I got rid of my step, but I still have my rebounder and my tall box, I guess I'll have to experiment with what I've go to see which workouts are adaptable. Maybe someone will chime in on which ones I don't have are suitable for the equipment I have.

The KCM 30MTFs I have are:

1. Plateau Buster
2. Your Best Body
3. Split
4. Lift
5. Weights
6. Muscle Definition
7. Circuit Burn

...and I just ordered Muscle Up based on all your recommendations!

lorajc 08-15-16 06:53 PM

Hi......just curious how old y are and if you have an injures?....just for my own info....sadly I'm severely injured but I love KBKB and do rotations often and also ad on Kelly quite often... however I have to modify.

schoolgirl-01 08-15-16 06:59 PM

i'm 53 and i've had knee surgery. i work extensively to maintain my joint health. for me, that means constant working out for strength and flexibility. some times i do have to modify moves but not nearly as often as i did in the past.

it took me a long time to figure out what my knee needs to be healthy and rest is never one of them.

i used to rest, baby my knees, and go easy in my training. all that ever got me was limited mobility and joint pain.

the minute i took over and did what i thought was best for my body and not what the physical therapist thought or what the doctor thought my knee improved dramatically.

my doctor is routinely amazed by what i was able to do all on my own when the physical therapist failed.

summer breeze 08-16-16 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSteph (Post 2656927)
I purchased my first KCM workout in January and liked it so much I quickly ended up with 8 more! :D

It's hard to choose favorites as I really like them all, and have been doing only KCM's 30 minute workouts for cardio and strength for the last several months. With all of her premixes the options are seemingly endless! Here are the ones I have:

Strength
Muscle Definition (If pushed to pick a "favorite" strength it would be this one)
Your Best Body
Body Shop

Cardio
Kickboxing
Train Like a Contender (TLC)
Stepboxing

Circuit/Interval/Mix
Circuit Burn
Trim Down
Cardio Pump (one workout is all boxing/cardio, one is pyramid strength, and the premixes make a variety of interval workouts)

Steph

I am curious what kind of results you've seen from just doing KCM workouts for several months.

SueT 08-16-16 09:39 AM

Schoolgirl-01, what kind of workouts seem to be good for your knees? I'm 54 and I had knee surgery two years ago, and I've noticed that if I miss working out for more than two days, my knees feel stiffer. For me Jari Love workouts have been working out well, as well as consistent cardio, as long as I keep the impact to a minimum. The worst thing for my knees is inactivity.

For quite a while I was afraid of weight workouts for my knees, but after trying Cathe's ICE workouts, I realized they made my knees actually feel better. I remember when my knee surgeon told me to stay away from squats and lunges, but that was right after surgery. To me it only makes sense to strengthen the muscles that support the knees, but I just keep the weight to a reasonable amount so I don't stress out the joints too much.

I'm just curious what has worked for other people with knee issues.

Thanks,
Sue

Aunt Famous 08-16-16 09:49 AM

KCM's weight sections don't quite work for me -- the word "tweak" comes to mind -- but I really like the boxing workouts on TLC and Cardio Pump. (The boxing premix on Trim Down is fine, but a little dull.)

And Sue, how funny!! I had the same experience with my knees when I started doing ICE and more Cathe and almost no barre. Not what I expected, either.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com

SueT 08-16-16 10:11 AM

Aunt Famous, barre did not agree with my knees at all! I tried Callenetics, which is supposed to help the knees, but it made my knees stiffer! I think the tiny pulses don't work as well for me as traditional weights with more natural movements. When you think about it, what kind of tiny, pulsing movements do you do in your everyday life?

After my knee injury and surgery, my top priority is feeling capable of walking long distances comfortably and going up and down stairs, which I probably do 20 or 30 times a day in my old colonial house, pain-free. Having an injury and feeling incapable of doing the most basic daily tasks is definitely an eye-opener. Just this morning I was thinking how grateful I am that I can do so many different kinds of workouts that I couldn't do two years ago. I never want to take that for granted, or try doing crazy high impact just because I think I need that for fitness. Before my lateral meniscus finally gave out, I had tried a Tonique rotation that was 6 days a week of Tonique workouts, including the high-impact "warm-up" of Tonique Premiere and Sculpt Dynamics. I remember going on vacation, and both of my knees felt unstable, and even my arm had the beginning of a weird ache. Lesson learned: Too much of the same thing is no good, and high impact is not good for my body!

I've learned so much from everyone at Videofitness. I can't imagine the shape I'd be in if I hadn't discovered VF so many years ago.

Sue