Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Has anyone used Virtual Model? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=59608)

FitBoop 11-25-04 10:23 PM

Has anyone used Virtual Model?

I just learned about Virtual Model, which is available with various online clothing retailers, such as llbean.com; you can enter all your measurements, facial characteristics and hair color and style, and it creates a 3-D virtual model that looks very much like you! You can then "try on" clothes and get a good idea of how they will fit you (and you can see yourself from the side and back!).
Has anyone tried it?

crookedhalo_grl 11-26-04 03:05 AM

it's fun....

I tried it. I made my starting goal model, current size and goal weight just to see the difference. I used it to shop at some stores but it was more of a novelty. I'm more of an hour glass/apple shape. So the tummy part wasn't accurate but the sizes were accurate enough to shop for clothes. It was fun.

Angel

Cleda 11-26-04 04:39 AM

Uhhhhhhhh

Like the idea of your different models.......

But the thought of seeing how I really might look ... well, that's another story. It might tell me a size I don't want to know! :eek:

Ok, ok, so it's maybe the denial thing. I've heard of them but never used them. Maybe ..... some day! But certainly NOT the Day after Thanksgiving! :o

lfcjasp 11-26-04 08:09 AM

I'm with you, Cleda!

I've wanted to try this out, but even with a 50# weightloss (another 30# to go) I'm not sure I want to see what THEY make of me :eek:

AcademiaNut 11-26-04 08:45 AM

I did it at Lands End to virtually try on a bathing suit. It was really helpful. I was down to two different suits, and one looked really dreadful on "me."

Andrea

FitBoop 11-26-04 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleda
Like the idea of your different models.......

But the thought of seeing how I really might look ... well, that's another story. It might tell me a size I don't want to know! :eek:

Ok, ok, so it's maybe the denial thing. I've heard of them but never used them. Maybe ..... some day! But certainly NOT the Day after Thanksgiving! :o

LOL, Cleda, that's true, the day after Thanksgiving (black Friday?) might not be the best day to try it out :).

dianairene 11-26-04 02:01 PM

The problem with the virtual model is that no matter how overweight she is, her fat is evently distributed. No rolls of fat. I like my clothing to fit in such a way that it conceals rather than accentuates these "problem spots", and I'm not sure trying them on the virtual model gives me a sense of that... :rolleyes:

Lucysql 11-26-04 06:39 PM

I first set up My Virtual Model when I decided to lose weight. I printed out my starting version, and then updated it as I lost more weight - it was actually really motivating. I still like to go back and look at the images I printed out along the way when I want a pat on the back.

I like to use it to see how things will fit, even though it doesn't totally reflect the actual distribution of your weight on your own body. It's been pretty close for me.

Lands End and LLBean do use it to recommend sizes which I have found helpful as well. I think Levis also uses it.

mmis29 11-26-04 07:10 PM

I agree with Diana~ no rolls, at any weight. It'll give you an idea of what the general difference is between two weights but that's about it. It won't show you for example, what your gut looks like at 140 vs. 200, etc.