Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll- How often do you replace your workout shoes? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226859)

wendug 09-22-19 11:51 AM

Poll- How often do you replace your workout shoes?

I'm just curious how often everyone replaces their workout shoes. I seem to go through them quite quickly, but feet are very finicky and if my shoes don't have support my workout suffers.

cherimac 09-22-19 12:01 PM

I didn't vote because I do barefoot workouts so...;)

Vintage VFer 09-22-19 12:21 PM

I need the "10+" year option!

I have given up on finding good/comfortable workout shoes. I still wear a very old pair of New Balance shoes. Every few years I try new brands and styles and have no luck.

I used to replace my workout shoes yearly.

wendug 09-22-19 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherimac (Post 2839763)
I didn't vote because I do barefoot workouts so...;)

I didn't even think of that as an option. The only workout I do barefoot is yoga and I don't do nearly enough of that!

wendug 09-22-19 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage VFer (Post 2839768)
I need the "10+" year option!

I have given up on finding good/comfortable workout shoes. I still wear a very old pair of New Balance shoes. Every few years I try new brands and styles and have no luck.

I used to replace my workout shoes yearly.

Yes, finding good workout shoes is quite the task! As soon as I find something that works for me the company discontinues it (K-Swiss Tubes were awesome, then they changed them and discontinued them completely. :( ) Lately I've had luck with Reebok cross-trainers.

Erica H. 09-22-19 01:12 PM

I run a lot so I have to frequently replace my running shoes. I try to stretch it out to three months just because of the expense but less time would be better.

Erica

cataddict 09-22-19 01:14 PM

I have an embarrassingly large selection of workout shoes and I alternate among them. I have problem feet---hammertoes, bunions, high arches that need support, etc. so I can't use the shoes after a certain period of time when the cushioning starts to flatten. It's hard to determine the exact time frame since I do alternate a lot. My feet are also getting worse so shoes that fit fine a few months ago don't feel right now. **sigh** Once the cushioning starts to flatten out, I turn them into "street shoes" that I don't use for workouts. When they don't even feel right for casual wearing, I donate them to a local running store that recycles them by providing them to charities. More than the poll asked for! :D

Again, I can't vote on the poll for some reason. Maybe it's the browser I use or my security settings. Who knows.

adawn 09-22-19 01:34 PM

I voted 6 months to a year, but it depends how often I'm working out and if it's high impact or just walking a few miles on the treadmill. I used to do fairly high impact step a few times a week and I always knew it was time to get new shoes when my knees would start to ache a tiny bit after workouts.

Whenever I find a workout shoe that I like, I buy a lot of pairs of it because I know inevitably they will be discontinued by the next time I need a pair. Edited to add: I do the same (stocking up) when I find a sneaker for just running errands, etc.

yogapam 09-22-19 01:37 PM

I do pretty much all workouts in bare feet except for the occasional step. I have a pair of indoor shoes I’ve had for ages but I replace my outdoor walking shoes every 12-18 months. I do a lot of walking when I travel so I often leave a pair of sneakers behind to make room in my bag for a little shopping. ;)

Joni O 09-22-19 04:04 PM

I walk every day and I replace the running shoes I wear for that once a year. The most I use my indoor shoes is for strength workouts (not much wear there), some Jessica cardios and a few Leslies here and there (not much wear there, either). Everything else is barefoot. I don’t even remember the last time I replaced those.