Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tracy Anderson...Inner Thigh Magic??? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=197161)

Tracyso2 10-10-13 08:17 PM

Tracy Anderson...Inner Thigh Magic???

DOES TRACY ANDERSON WORK MAGIC SPECIFICALLY FOR INNER THIGHS???
I've been doing hella yoga all year, finished ULTIMATE YOGI in May and have moved on to the hour-and-40-minute Travis practices on Bryan Kest's site/Travis' site. I've lost a bunch of weight and am stronger than I've ever been. My hips have slimmed down, my arms look great, my psyche is sprightly and my core is getting there. But my inner thighs are completely unchanged...and are now looking kinda disproportionate. I hate Tracy Anderson, but have the feeling she may work for me...and I own almost everything she does. But I've never managed to buckle down & do her, probably because I find her so annoying personally. Can someone tell me if she's singularly effective for the inner thighs? Because that's about the only thing that will inspire me to actually commit to a rotation of her. I'm thinking 3x week her & 3x week extended Travis.
Thoughts, anyone?
Many thanks!!!

Missiscipi 10-10-13 08:39 PM

Dreambody series did alot for my inner thighs quick but my lower back is so jacked up I had to stop doing it :(

daisyduke 10-10-13 08:59 PM

Did meta omni and continuity up until 2.1 and inner thighs were not improved

cherimac 10-10-13 09:18 PM

I did Meta Ab and had to add in other things for my inner thighs. My abs and glutes were worked quite well, though.

beyond.omega 10-10-13 10:23 PM

Callanetics...Inner Thigh Magic.

MomOf2Gremlins 10-10-13 10:34 PM

I've only started doing TA so I'm probably not the best judge... but for me I have to say my (inner) thighs feel slimmer every time I do a TA workout (which is mostly her Precision Toning these days). Maybe it's just wishful thinking.. I don't think so though...

If you want something specific for inner thighs, get Mary Helen Bower's Ballet Beautiful DVDs which contain specific segments for the inner thigh and are an absolute killer!!!

mizach 10-11-13 05:52 AM

kettlebell swings are my inner thigh magic

m42 10-11-13 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyond.omega (Post 2303661)
Callanetics...Inner Thigh Magic.

I second this.

SquishyMommy 10-11-13 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozy (Post 2303615)
Dreambody series did alot for my inner thighs quick but my lower back is so jacked up I had to stop doing it :(

I second DreamBody. I am currently doing TA Omni, and while my thighs in general are slimming down, I do not feel that I am getting adequate work in my inner thighs. DreamBody worked my inner thighs incredibly well and I did it coming off JMBR and JNL rotations. I remember having inner thigh DOMS for the first time in years with DreamBody.

mizvespa 10-11-13 07:10 AM

Callanetics is brilliant for the inner thighs! I do agree.

Sophie 10-11-13 08:22 AM

I can't speak personally about the TA/inner thigh thing, but I noticed that on the Tonique FB group, many women complained about having done years of TA, were dissatisfied with their inner thighs, and found that Tonique helped them. So take that for what it's worth.

I agree Dreambody would be great. The inner thigh work is very intense. I bet just adding Fusion Mix into your overall schedule would help.
If you're already doing stuff you enjoy and is working for you otherwise, I'd just add in stuff like Dreambody, Ballet Body (that was super effective for me a few years ago) or the new, short Tonique Express downloads (Tonique definitely works!)

ebianco 10-11-13 08:36 AM

I just did Precision Toning last night, and really enjoy the workout but would not say it has an inner thigh emphasis at all. I third the recommendation for Dream Body - Fusion Mix specifically - it is intense on the inner thighs!! Also kettlebell swings, what can't they do? :love:

edensmom 10-11-13 09:28 AM

I looove me some Dream Body. It is FANTASTIC for targetting the inner thighs (as well as all of women's trouble spots imo). To add to thelist, the original Dream Body, Fusion, Fusion Mix, and Bata Barre are all excellent for this.

Also I have started and re-started Meta Hip, making it up to level 6 but never ever saw any improvement in that area and IIRC it isn't really targeted through any specific exercises.

Slim Series worked wonders for my inner thighs. I actually saw definition there (gasp!) I don't think it is any more boring than Meta either!!

daisyduke 10-11-13 10:01 AM

Tracyso- I'm interested in hearing about Travis' practices on his site and Bryan Kest's site. I am midway through UY right now and LOOOOOVE Travis. I haven't joined udaya.com yet because I have all of Travis' videos that are uploaded on there. Does Travis have a lot on Bryan Kest's site? Does Travis continue to upload videos on his site as well? I'm panicking on what I"m going to do after UY!

Thanks!

cherimac 10-11-13 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins (Post 2303665)
I've only started doing TA so I'm probably not the best judge... but for me I have to say my (inner) thighs feel slimmer every time I do a TA workout (which is mostly her Precision Toning these days). Maybe it's just wishful thinking.. I don't think so though...

If you want something specific for inner thighs, get Mary Helen Bower's Ballet Beautiful DVDs which contain specific segments for the inner thigh and are an absolute killer!!!

You know, maybe some of TA's stuff besides Meta would work better for the inner thighs. I remember Mat seemed to hit that area better for sure than Meta.

MomOf2Gremlins 10-11-13 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherimac (Post 2303852)
You know, maybe some of TA's stuff besides Meta would work better for the inner thighs. I remember Mat seemed to hit that area better for sure than Meta.

Oh thanks for letting me know, Cheri! I'll have to dig out the Mat workout again! ;)

mandie123 10-11-13 10:17 PM

I did the omni meta a couple of years ago,and I feel it def lacked inner thigh work.For me Kb and barre did much more for that area.

LeanneM 10-12-13 08:55 AM

Another vote for the Dream Body workouts + Tonique or Ballet Beautiful! The first DB set + Tonique BTM in particular really shaped up my inner thighs, and actually gave me a line across them.

When Cathe's Low Impact series came out, I also did her rotation for a month, and had similar excellent inner thigh results. I think it was all the work with the sliding disks in that set that did wonders for my legs.

This reminds me that I need to one of these rotations again! :o

Tracyso2 10-12-13 10:41 AM

Thanks, all!! So not to be a slacker...or, okay, YES, to be a slacker...which of these options is the shortest & easiest? I just can't give up my extended Travises.
Daisyduke: Bryan has 6 Travis practices on his site, and all of them are terrific. Travis has a few on his site as well, but I don't like them quite as well as the Bryan ones (with the exception of the first one; it's great).

sophiesmom 10-12-13 10:44 AM

Tracy's Post Pregnancy 2 has exercises that target the inner thighs. You know, just to put it out there..

Sophie 10-12-13 10:45 AM

Any of them will work if you just use a segment or chapter as an add-on to your main workout. If you want to be on the floor, you could just FF Fusion Mix till they get to that hellacious combo on the mat.

ANY tonique can be done in chapters. I recently downloaded the Tonique express sculpts which are 17 and 23 minutes long. Haven't tried them yet, but based on her other stuff (I have all her previous material) I'm certain you'll get a lot of bang for your buck.

Neither of the above, however, would ever count as easy :D

m42 10-12-13 12:08 PM

Also Ballet Body lower body. I got beautiful definition with that one. Callanetics works faster though.

LeanneM 10-12-13 01:02 PM

For those who use Callanetics, is there a particular DVD you'd recommend? I have the original one, but have only done it once or twice. TIA!:)

beyond.omega 10-12-13 03:16 PM

For inner thighs, the legwork in the original Callanetics DVD would do it, but the stretches that the do in the original Callanetics aren't the safest (although they are ok, if you are ok with them.) Finish with the inner tight squeeze (which is near the end of the DVD) but you can do it lying down with a ball or Pilates ring between your knees instead of sitting with your feet against the legs of a chair.

If you could, I would get the Callanetics Evolution DVD to get the Callanetics Concepts at least, and maybe do the leg segment in that (although I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, and I haven't watched it in a while.)

LeanneM 10-12-13 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beyond.omega (Post 2304408)
For inner thighs, the legwork in the original Callanetics DVD would do it, but the stretches that the do in the original Callanetics aren't the safest (although they are ok, if you are ok with them.) Finish with the inner tight squeeze (which is near the end of the DVD) but you can do it lying down with a ball or Pilates ring between your knees instead of sitting with your feet against the legs of a chair.

If you could, I would get the Callanetics Evolution DVD to get the Callanetics Concepts at least, and maybe do the leg segment in that (although I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, and I haven't watched it in a while.)

Thanks, beyond.omega! :) That helps a lot!

Scbayless 10-12-13 06:07 PM

I agree on TA pp2. It is a solid work out no matter where you are and has some great thigh moves. Other then that I would say unless you start at TA year 3 she ignores inner thighs. Year 3 she does work them though it seems.

I also would say just buckle down and do tonique lunges. They are hard but will work. Get premier and just work through the lunges section for a month magic will happen.

Debbie S. 10-13-13 08:11 AM

Tracy really doesn't focus on inner thighs, but they do get work. Some levels work your inner thighs more than others. Abs meta level 6 is my all time favorite level for inner thigh work! Year 3 works your inner thighs really well also.

Anytime your feet are aimed towards the corners of the room your inner thighs are targeted. Think plie squats. That is why you feel your inner thighs being worked in Perfect Toning. Sylwia's Cardio Mat bridgework works your inner thighs really well because her feet are aimed towards the corners of a room. She doesn't say to do this, so it's something you need to watch for.

JP44 10-13-13 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debbie S. (Post 2304650)
Tracy really doesn't focus on inner thighs, but they do get work. Some levels work your inner thighs more than others. Abs meta level 6 is my all time favorite level for inner thigh work! Year 3 works your inner thighs really well also.

Anytime your feet are aimed towards the corners of the room your inner thighs are targeted. Think plie squats. That is why you feel your inner thighs being worked in Perfect Toning. Sylwia's Cardio Mat bridgework works your inner thighs really well because her feet are aimed towards the corners of a room. She doesn't say to do this, so it's something you need to watch for.

ITA! Tracy Effinger's Original Squeeze dvd w/ the 3 bridge work series where you put your feet on a wall in various positions always gives me inner thigh DOMS.

Joan

daisyduke 10-13-13 02:35 PM

thanks for that info regarding travis' workouts tracyso... have you tried any of bryan kest's on his website? how are they?

LeanneM 10-13-13 04:31 PM

So yesterday I did the Fusion Mix workout from the original Dream Body 5-disk set, and my inner thighs are talking to me today! All that work with the large stability ball is awesome! I forgot how much that workout works the inner thighs. :)

Tracyso2 10-13-13 06:10 PM

Actually, I love Bryan's workouts too...although in recent years he seems to have gotten a little kinder/gentler in a way I'm not always sure I like, now that I can kick it for an hour and 45 with Travis. But his older audio practices (which I have on CD) are challenging, for sure, and I've done a couple of the ones on his site that I also liked. Will be doing more soon, once I figure out how to get internet into my office. :mad:

andtckrtoo 10-13-13 06:21 PM

I do TA Omni but once or twice a week I'll add in a workout like Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast or a JNL lower body workout. I need it for my wonky knee - the muscle helps make my knee less wonky - but it seems to compliment TA well.

daisyduke 10-13-13 07:35 PM

thanks, tracyso... I will check some of his out. I will not like them if they are too easy though. have you signed up for the udaya online streaming?

Tracyso2 10-13-13 07:53 PM

Yes, I signed up for Udaya. I just keep hoping they'll roll out some new Travises, and not just keep cannibalizing their catalogue, most of which I already have!!!

daisyduke 10-13-13 08:25 PM

Tracyso... That's why I havent signed up yet!! I'm waiting dor some new stuff.

Helen S 10-14-13 10:27 AM

I wished TA made a Thighcentric that concentrated on inner thighs. Hipcentric works the saddlebags so there should be an opposing one.

I'm guessing that TA thinks that Glutecentric would also work inner thighs to some extent. That's because I think she said that if you lift your butt and you see your inner thighs getting smaller, then you should get Glutecentric. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also saying this because an exercise like kettlebells swings works your glutes but it also really helps with the inner thighs. I do kb swings everytime I do TA's MS work. I also like Tonique.

Also, if you do TA's cardio then you work a lot of your muscles and lean out from the cardio.

JulieIL 10-14-13 11:19 AM

I agree with Helen: Thighcentric would be appreciated! That said, I have noticed an improvement in the inner thigh area with my bottom being lifted (per Helen's description). My thighs actually measure the same (& they aren't small: average of 21" at widest part-including mild saddlebags that also look better with the rounder bottom). They aren't flabby, but they don't have the tightness that the gym machines used to give me (but my leg silhouette looks better now, if that makes sense, as it's all smoother).

I probably should have at least dabbled in hipcentric to tackle the saddlebags, though those types of moves tend to work my lower waist/ hip abductor area more than the actual thigh (unsure if this is because I have shorter legs & a longer torso).

I don't want to sound like a TA groupie, but I have to say that for me she's worth including, even if only a few times a week, because my allover silhouette physique must looks so smooth & hourglass-like. A noticeable difference over other workouts. Body type obviously influences this, but I appreciate that nothing is worked to the point of bulging- it all just flows smoothly, including the thighs.

Outside of TA, I do 2nd the Tonique recommendations here. They are tougher than TA, but still don't seem to give me the voracious appetite that intense programs usually do.

Tracyso2 10-16-13 04:13 PM

I feel like I'm in the slow reading group here, and I apologize for that...but I'm completely unhip to the whole Tonique phenomenon. Which workout/s should I buy? Which are the easiest to segment, and the most likely to pull in my thighs without bulking up the rest of my leg??
Thanks, all!

Helen S 10-16-13 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracyso2 (Post 2306317)
I feel like I'm in the slow reading group here, and I apologize for that...but I'm completely unhip to the whole Tonique phenomenon. Which workout/s should I buy? Which are the easiest to segment, and the most likely to pull in my thighs without bulking up the rest of my leg??
Thanks, all!

If you don't mind downloads, Sylwia is selling some at her site now. They are express workouts.

http://www.toniquefitness.com/

If you want a DVD, I would start with Premiere. It is easy to divide this into different segments.

momofcha 10-16-13 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracyso2 (Post 2306317)
Thanks, all!

I would start with her new downloads - any of the sculpts, immediate gratification & only $3.00!! Win, win!!