Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Has anyone done a rotation of body weight work with mark lauren you are your own gym (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=225390)

daisyduke 03-04-19 08:30 PM

Has anyone done a rotation of body weight work with mark lauren you are your own gym

Has anyone tried mark Lauren’s workouts?

What equipment does one need?

How did you like them? Results?

anjabear 03-07-19 07:42 AM

It's been a while, a long while, but I'll tell you what I remember.
I really enjoyed YAYOG. I have all his DVDs, even though some of the newer ones I haven't used at all or rarely.
His original YAYOG was doable for me. It was pretty short though and I like something longer. If I use them again, which I may, I would add on an episode of CS.
I really like his calm demeanor and his voice. His form is perfect. His YAYOG app was super inexpensive and great for travel.
At the time I was using his DVDs a lot I really liked them.
HTH :)

Betty Boop 03-08-19 01:21 AM

Thanks for the info! I'm thinking of trying his workouts.

Have you ever done Ruthless? It's also all bodyweight.

anjabear 05-10-19 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betty Boop (Post 2814447)
Thanks for the info! I'm thinking of trying his workouts.

Have you ever done Ruthless? It's also all bodyweight.

Sorry Carol, I just saw this. I own Ruthless but have not used them yet except once I think and it wasn't right for me at the time. I still have it though and may someday use it. I think it has a lot of up and down and burpee type movements. I am careful to not tweak my back so go slower than those young'uns.:D

I'll tell you what also seems like a good bodyweight workout program Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. It also uses some weights if I remember correctly. I liked it so much I bought the next phase called Body Shred. I moved on though and never even tried the Body Shred. I still have them both though.

aliskina 05-10-19 03:26 PM

I posted about my rotation in another thread:
I started Mark Lauren's 90 day Challenge this week and it should end the first week of August in time for my vacation. Its bodyweights, 3-4 times a week, 30-40 min including warm up and cool down. I am liking it so far since its not hurried, doable, intense and stretchy at the same time

anjabear 05-11-19 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliskina (Post 2822085)
I posted about my rotation in another thread:
I started Mark Lauren's 90 day Challenge this week and it should end the first week of August in time for my vacation. Its bodyweights, 3-4 times a week, 30-40 min including warm up and cool down. I am liking it so far since its not hurried, doable, intense and stretchy at the same time

Aliskina, do you happen to know how similar this is too his other DVDs? I tried reading reviews on Amazon but many of them are actually for the DVDs I already own.
Thanks

I'm interested in hearing about your rotation :sun:

aliskina 05-13-19 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjabear (Post 2822147)
Aliskina, do you happen to know how similar this is too his other DVDs? I tried reading reviews on Amazon but many of them are actually for the DVDs I already own.
Thanks

I'm interested in hearing about your rotation :sun:

here you go - my week 1:
I completed Week 1 of rotation started with Level 1 and probably will stick with this level for all 90 days.
Warm Up & Cool Down are same for all workouts and levels. All bodyweights, you will need a towel or a band for Let Me Ins.
Warm Up 7 min -
Hip Circles (all 4 both ways)
Snow Angels (on 1 side)
Step kickout (all 4 to seat)
Saxon Tilt (single kneeling lunge)

Cool Down – 6 min
Z Stretch
Straddle Stretch
Scorpion Stretch

Eval – Level 1 - 20 min
Waist Level Pulling – Let Me Ins - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Front Lunges - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Pushing – Tripod Scissors kick (plank - elbow) 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Bodyrocks (plank) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest

Opus - Level 1 – 20 min
Scorpion Kicks (plank – straight arms) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Zombie Squats (standing) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Pushing – Tripod Scissors kick (plank - elbow) 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Skydivers (plank – on stomach) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest

Ruckus – Level 1 – 16 min – do as many as possible
Front Lunges - 12 reps (6 per side)
Pushing – Tripod Scissors kick (plank - elbow) 12 reps (6 per side)
RDL’s (Standing) 10 reps (5 per side)
Waist Level Pulling – Let Me Ins - 12 reps (6 per side)

Similar to his YAYOG and EFX

anjabear 05-14-19 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliskina (Post 2822400)
here you go - my week 1:
I completed Week 1 of rotation started with Level 1 and probably will stick with this level for all 90 days.
Warm Up & Cool Down are same for all workouts and levels. All bodyweights, you will need a towel or a band for Let Me Ins.
Warm Up 7 min -
Hip Circles (all 4 both ways)
Snow Angels (on 1 side)
Step kickout (all 4 to seat)
Saxon Tilt (single kneeling lunge)

Cool Down – 6 min
Z Stretch
Straddle Stretch
Scorpion Stretch

Eval – Level 1 - 20 min
Waist Level Pulling – Let Me Ins - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Front Lunges - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Bodyrocks (plank) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest

Opus - Level 1 – 20 min
Scorpion Kicks (plank – straight arms) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Zombie Squats (standing) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest
Skydivers (plank – on stomach) - 4 sets of 12 reps (6 per side) 40 sec work/20 sec rest

Ruckus – Level 1 – 16 min – do as many as possible
Front Lunges - 12 reps (6 per side)
Pushing – Tripod Scissors kick (plank - elbow) 12 reps (6 per side)
RDL’s (Standing) 10 reps (5 per side)
Waist Level Pulling – Let Me Ins - 12 reps (6 per side)

Similar to his YAYOG and EFX

Wow! Thank you so much for writing all that info. The moves do look familiar to me; I have, I think, every other DVD and his book that he's put out. Good luck with your rotation.

aliskina 05-14-19 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjabear (Post 2822480)
Wow! Thank you so much for writing all that info. The moves do look familiar to me; I have, I think, every other DVD and his book that he's put out. Good luck with your rotation.

You are welcome! He got 14 days free trial and you can go and sample all his programs