Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tabata Training DVDs (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=168645)

pollytc 07-22-11 09:47 AM

Tabata Training DVDs

I just ordered Breathless by Amy Dixon because I'm wanting to try out Tabata training. Are there any other tabata workouts on dvd that I should be aware of??? I wouldn't mind being enabled. :-)

Thanks,

Kim

Diana3271 07-22-11 09:50 AM

I will be watching for other replies, too. I hope you like Breathless Body. I am really enjoying it. Funny thing, I have gotten glute/hamstring DOMS every time I have done this workout. I rarely get DOMS even from a weight training workout.

rriggs 07-22-11 10:20 AM

Supreme 90 had a good Tabata workout called Tabata inferno and then Lauren Brooks has a short Tabata style workout on her vol. 2 dvd that I love!

pollytc 07-22-11 10:33 AM

Ooooooo........I have Supreme 90 but haven't tried it yet. I'll have to try out the tabata workout!! Thanks for letting me know.

bee 07-22-11 10:36 AM

Mindy's got a new release you'll probably be interested in:

www.360miracle.com

Unfortunately still no clips, but Mindy said there will be soon (hopefully it'll be clips and not just an infomercial). You can get an idea of what she does in this system from her recent youtube videos:

www.youtube.com/user/mindymylrea

ellaenchanted 07-22-11 10:36 AM

Tracey Staehle's new bootcamp workouts have tabata finishers on them. I also like S90's tabata inspired workouts.

counterclockwise 07-22-11 11:53 AM

I think Breathless Body is great for doing Tabatas!

Also, I asked Mindy Mylrea this on FB about 360 Miracle:

"Hi Mindy! I'm wondering about all the 6 minute workouts in 360 Miracle. Are they Tabatas in the sense that we are supposed to go as hard as we can for each 20 sec. interval? If we are, are we supposed to do that every day? I had heard that true Tabata's are not supposed to be done that often. Thanks for any help and info!"

And she responded:

"Great question. I call my 6 minute workouts Micro Bursts.They are suppose to be done with vigor and enthusiasm but not to true Tabata "throw up in a bucket" style. I use the Tabata timing and the research is quite impressive! I think you will love these and I know this complete program will change your life"

I can't wait to get this!

pollytc 07-22-11 12:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions and information! I caved and ordered 360 Miracle!

pharma_gal 07-22-11 12:19 PM

Does anyone have the 360 program yet?

Kathryn 07-22-11 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharma_gal (Post 1855906)
Does anyone have the 360 program yet?

I think they just started shipping yesterday (or the day before? I posted in the "new workouts from Mindy" thread about it).