Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fluidity bar setup? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=127661)

Raquel13 12-27-08 08:53 AM

Fluidity bar setup?

I scored a great deal on Craigslist and got a Fluidity bar (along with the beginner, intermediate and advanced DVDs, 2 resistance bands and ball) for $50. Woohoo! I'm in California now (home for the holidays) and plan on bringing it back to Germany as my second piece of luggage.

Today I was trying to set it up for the first time thinking that the set up instructions would be on the beginner/instructional DVD, but the DVD refers to an owner's manual, which I never got. I did fool around with it and it sort of fell/snapped into place, so I think it should be fine, but I just wanted to make sure before I put any kind of weight on it. Would anyone be willing to scan a copy of the manual for me? Or at least provide detailed instructions on the setup? Thanks in advance!

Cowgirl32 12-27-08 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raquel13
I scored a great deal on Craigslist and got a Fluidity bar (along with the beginner, intermediate and advanced DVDs, 2 resistance bands and ball) for $50. Woohoo! I'm in California now (home for the holidays) and plan on bringing it back to Germany as my second piece of luggage.

Today I was trying to set it up for the first time thinking that the set up instructions would be on the beginner/instructional DVD, but the DVD refers to an owner's manual, which I never got. I did fool around with it and it sort of fell/snapped into place, so I think it should be fine, but I just wanted to make sure before I put any kind of weight on it. Would anyone be willing to scan a copy of the manual for me? Or at least provide detailed instructions on the setup? Thanks in advance!

What exactly are you looking for from the manual? The only parts that include any kind of set up/instructions are the safety instructions/getting started, maintenance, troubleshooting etc...

Raquel13 12-27-08 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirl32
What exactly are you looking for from the manual? The only parts that include any kind of set up/instructions are the safety instructions/getting started, maintenance, troubleshooting etc...

I just want to make sure all the parts are where they should be before I try to use it and have it come crashing down.

I couldn't figure out how to get the bar part to stay up. But after playing with it a bit the back part of the floor mat snapped into place on the bottom cross bar and I thought, "That's it?" Then I figured out that you can move the grey handle to latch it in place and how to raise the bar height by pulling on the grey handles on the middle bar.

But, just now when I went to look at it (to figure out how to explain the above), I noticed that the bars on the base could be pulled out longer for more stability. That's what I'm worried about: it looks OK, but what if I'm missing more little details like that?

Also, I'm curious what the recommend for maintenance now that you mentioned it, too :)

Cerulea 12-27-08 11:04 AM

It seems like you figured out all the steps: lock the back part of the mat into the cross bar, adjust bar height, and extend the "feet". That's it! I don't always do that last part, especially if I am doing a non-Fluidity DVD and I only need the bar for light support.

I no longer have my manual, so I am not sure about maintenance.