Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pilates rotations (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227245)

Vantreesta 11-15-19 11:27 PM

Pilates rotations

Does anyone have a rotation for Winsor and/or Stott Pilates to share? Thanks!

fanofladyvols 11-16-19 08:30 AM

Vantreesta

I mix in pilates as an add on or for an active rest day.
I love it after cardio on my elliptical when my body is all warmed up. The times I choose to use as active recovery usually happens after I push myself on a weight training workout.

I'm not sure that's helpful to you but I'm posting mostly as a response to bump your thread. :D

Vantreesta 11-16-19 01:40 PM

Thanks for replying, Linda. I need to be working on core strength and decided to at least start with Pilates. I have seven 10MS Pilates DVDs, a lot of Winsor and Stott and various others. I can just add on the shorter ones but I like the idea of having a plan. It makes it feel more purposeful to me. :) Pilates isn't my favorite thing but I think it would be good for where I am right now. Thanks!

fanofladyvols 11-16-19 03:55 PM

So after I thought about it I realized I have done rotations especially as I was coming back from injury.

I have lots of Winsor, several Caban, several 10 minute solution and some Stott.

I have used them in various ways rotating them in with others. I have blended them with the Firm and Tracies.

I have subbed them as strength and did other cardio (Taebo Kickboxing, walking steady outside and HIIT Elliptical).

I may think of how to use them with KCM and Cathe.

I saw you said improve core but why don't you list what pilates DVDs you want to use. And also any that are non Pilates that you might want to fold in.

What do you normally like to use or do?

The easiest rotation to implement that I did was 2 days full body beginner pilates, 3 days cardio, 2 days rest.

I will hunt up my firm pilates rotation and post it

fanofladyvols 11-16-19 04:34 PM

Firm and Pilates

My goal for this was just because I wanted to use my Firms and my pilates DVDs :D
Week 1
Steady state cardio
Pilates*
HIIT elliptical
Rest
Classic volume Firm
Restorative pilates**
Rest

Week 2
Classic volume Firm
Steady state cardio
Pilates*
Rest
Classic volume Firm
Restorative pilates**
Body part focused pilates***

Rinse repeat :D

*Pilates: full body DVDs used: Winsor accelerated and 20 minute workout, Stott beginning matwork and intermediate matwork, Brooke Siler's text Pilates body book

**Restorative pilates: stretchy segments of 10 minute solutions cobbled together from:
10 min sol. Pilates Perfect Body (S. Bowen)
10 min sol. Pilates (L. Hudson)
10 min sol. Pilates on the ball (L. Hudson)
10 min sol. Rapid Results Pilates (L. Hudson)
10 min sol. Pilates Perfect Body (L. Hudson)
Deason Pilates conditioning for weight loss

***Body part focused: see 10 min sol. above, Winsor pilates bun and thigh, ab sculpting, upper body sculpting and Winsor band titles.

Vantreesta 11-16-19 04:35 PM

I was laid up this week with my SI joint out of alignment. I'm planning on doing Pilates, yoga and PT type exercises for the next 2-3 weeks plus anything I feel like doing for cardio. I just want to get a foundation going. I guess I can just alternate upper and lower body each day, was just thinking if anyone had a rotation already I could use it. I couldn't find anything in a Google search. Thanks for your replies and help!

ETA: we were posting at the same time! :) Thanks for posting your rotation!

buffmama 11-17-19 08:49 PM

Vannie - A lot of the Stott are total body. If you don't usually do pilates, I would start with the easiest and shortest practices and go from there. For the 10MS I would do the same thing starting with the oldest one. Maybe doing 30 minutes at a time if that works for you. The stability ball workout I would work up to. Trifecta Pilates on YouTube has monthly calendar as do some others. I like that she always gives options and explainations to modify. Hope that helps.

Vantreesta 11-17-19 10:26 PM

Thanks, buff. That's a good reminder about Stott being total body. They're longer too bc of it. I don't do streaming workouts except for Dark Horse Rowing (since there aren't any rowing workout DVDs as far as I know) so I won't be trying Trifecta. I ended up just drawing an index card for each day this week, putting back any that said advanced. Will see how it goes. Thanks!