Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FOMO: the vidiot version (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=226543)

alisoncooks 08-17-19 05:38 PM

FOMO: the vidiot version

I recently had a vidiot moment of FOMO (fear of missing out). Tracie Long's email/newsletter mentioned another $10 sale. And despite the fact that I'd already acquired (and parted) with the Core Movements DVDs, I had that momentary thought of: I need to get these before they're unavailable.

:confused::o
So now I'm the proud owner of the Core Movements workouts (and 1 Metabolic Strength...) -- all of which are probably above my current ability.

What workout have you bought because of FOMO...?

bee 08-17-19 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 2834059)
What workout have you bought because of FOMO...?

I don't think I could list them all........
:o:)

alisoncooks 08-17-19 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bee (Post 2834065)
I don't think I could list them all........
:o:)

I know, right? But I think this is different than our vidiot bandwagons. :p This purchase was prompted by the shift to streaming and the fear that the workouts won't be available soon (well, that and the good price...;))

bee 08-17-19 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alisoncooks (Post 2834069)
I know, right? But I think this is different than our vidiot bandwagons. :p This purchase was prompted by the shift to streaming and the fear that the workouts won't be available soon (well, that and the good price...;))

Yes, I get it -- I have bought so many videos thinking the price will go up or it'll sell out or something. I do not know why I would think that! The other day I saw that bargain site someone posted and saw so many videos there that I bought at probably at least near full price and now they are all about $3.99 or whatever. :) Oh well!

Lucky Star 08-18-19 07:33 AM

I have plenty of FOMO moments but luckily in other areas. I've owned, parted with, repurchased and (again) gotten rid of so many workouts over the years that I'm just not tempted any more. In fact I just donated over 300 workouts, and I won't be re-buying any.

I saw the Tracie Long sale, thought about it for a hot minute, then realized I'm not using her workouts I already own :o so, no.

Taramisu 08-18-19 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Star (Post 2834096)
I have plenty of FOMO moments but luckily in other areas. I've owned, parted with, repurchased and (again) gotten rid of so many workouts over the years that I'm just not tempted any more. In fact I just donated over 300 workouts, and I won't be re-buying any.

I saw the Tracie Long sale, thought about it for a hot minute, then realized I'm not using her workouts I already own :o so, no.

This is me as well, I am rediscovering and enjoying my Firms again but the desire to reacquire more just isn't there any longer. I too, also looked at the Tracie Long $10 sale and no, I have one workout of hers that is in the donate/sell pile, I think I used it once. All the others I had I liked for a while but eventually just moved on. I prefer my Firms I guess.

I guess to answer the OPs question, it would be some of the Fitprime/Kickbutt DVDs before they were clearanced out. I had a handful, not tons and unloaded all of them. This sale, was a few years back now, I repurchased the handful that I had, only to get rid of them again. I prefer the compilation DVDs, but come to think of it, I really don't use those either.

JackieB 08-18-19 09:04 AM

I purged so many workout dvds a few years back. At times I feel like repurchasing them, but honestly there was a reason why I let them go.

I rarely use dvds anymore. I still have them, and occasionally use them, but the majority of my workouts these days are streaming. I like the newer stuff.

Lucky Star 08-18-19 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieB (Post 2834111)
honestly there was a reason why I let them go.

So true.

amg 08-18-19 03:41 PM

I purchased 2 Lauren Brooks dvds when she announced that they wouldn't be available once they sold out. I had sold or traded all my kettlebell dvds previously.

After using the 2 dvds, I fell in love with kettlebells again and went back to her site to purchase all her dvds. I'm so glad that I took a chance on the 2 dvds because I was having trouble motivating myself to exercise at all (for almost a year). Now, I use her kettlebell workouts at least every other day (and can't wait to get to them) and I have started adding in some yoga.

marki64 08-18-19 04:47 PM

Michelle Dozois. If there is a good deal on her advanced vids I have a hard time passing up. But, I also done buying dvds. I do a new workout all the time now on YT. I am loving the selection.