Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2018 Thrift Store Finds (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222044)

wendug 08-13-18 08:59 AM

Good finds, Garrie! TBSM is great!

Lingo10- So jealous you got a bosu for $5! This is the unicorn item I'm always looking for!

jusca 08-23-18 05:04 PM

Bought a Step original circuit size with 2 risers for $8.

Garrie A. 08-25-18 01:14 PM

One of my best deals of the year:

Mari Winsor's Slimming Pilates KIT (with the Accelerator bar, hand weights, resistance cord, handles, and door attachment), along with 4 DVDs (3 are in one case, the other is "Pilates of the Fit and Famous") The box was opened, but everything was still sealed! :eek:

All for......$2.99!! :music: :D :cool:

I also picked up Weight Watchers Tone & Stretch VHS (led by Aileen Sheron). Now I just need to get the accompanying Step & Sculpt, then I'll have all three in the series. (I already have Low Impact Aerobics aka the "Spooky Fingers" workout :))

toaster 08-25-18 01:17 PM

Nice, Garrie!

I was at Goodwill more often than usual this summer but didn't score any fitness finds.

Dabbadooey 08-25-18 02:19 PM

At Goodwill today was a Firm wooden "tall box." I don't do those climbs anymore, or I would have bought it.

Garrie A. 08-25-18 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabbadooey (Post 2787017)
At Goodwill today was a Firm wooden "tall box." I don't do those climbs anymore, or I would have bought it.

:eek: I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

bzar 09-14-18 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabbadooey (Post 2787017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2787020)
:eek: I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

me too!!!! somewhere on VF someone posted the dimensions of the pieces of plywood to construct your own.

i found out that one of the libraries on the other side of the island has a used bookstore in a separate office in the library. i saw 3 cathe's, jillians, tony horton 10 Min trainer (complete with rotation guide etc), tae bo, gaiam pilates, etc. very shocked to see the cathes in the bunch. i asked the lady how much they charged for DVDs and she piped up $1.

i have one of the cathes and the other 2 i wasn't interested in: terminator, high step challenge and high step training.

i found a yoga zone music DVD - from 1998 with the music from Windham Hill new age/jazz for 50:
Music for Yoga Practice

i also found a boxed set of some lecture where 2 of the 4 CDs were missing, but i wanted the case because it's the same height as a DVD case and i could store DVDs in it - $1.

total spent: $1.75 (includes a music sheet for 25)
:sun:

dnna 09-15-18 07:16 AM

wow Bzar, awesome finds. I took a sweet moment to remember the day I completed the Terminator flawless in one take. I was so happy I almost cried. I had been working on it for a long long time!

CoolGirlinFl888 09-15-18 11:15 PM

I would have purchased it just because it's a dollar lol! I've done that before.

bzar 09-16-18 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnna (Post 2789715)
wow Bzar, awesome finds. I took a sweet moment to remember the day I completed the Terminator flawless in one take. I was so happy I almost cried. I had been working on it for a long long time!

is it good? i have the workouts that the original footage came from. it sounded too scary, so that's why i didn't get it.:o

high step challenge - i recalled the reviews saying it was high impact.

i do like high step training, the one i already own.