Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Jari Love? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=215356)

toomuchjoy 04-12-16 12:15 PM

Jari Love?

I'm intrigued by Jari. :cool: Any suggestions with a good one to jump in with?

Chomper 04-12-16 12:23 PM

What's your fitness and experience level with strength exercises?

BunnyHop 04-12-16 12:30 PM

My absolute favorite of hers is the original Get Ripped. Long, but good.

toomuchjoy 04-12-16 12:44 PM

Quote:

What's your fitness and experience level with strength exercises?
My body is an upper beginner but I know how to lift. I've been doing Cathe Ice and Xtrain strength lately.

Chomper 04-12-16 01:09 PM

Ok, for someone new to strength training, the original Get Ripped would be what I suggest. Then I would advise them to work through the next few: Slim and Lean, Ripped and Chiseled and Ripped to the Core. That's because after those first ones, Jari Love's form starts to get kind of sloppy sometimes. But for people like you who know what good form is, you can really go anywhere. If you want more of a cardio circuit feel, I think the ones with 1000 in the name and a few others are what you would try. If you want the cardio to really be coming from the combination strength exercises, I think you want the Extremely workouts? I don't know if that is 100% accurate because I kind of checked out as the titles got longer and more complicated... Extremely Ripped 1000, who knows? :D Just make sure to check the description. Another consideration is if you want to be doing some stepping, because some of them use the step for cardio and some use it for strength training and some probably use it for both. Some don't use a step at all.

My favorites were the early ones. And if you want to focus more on muscular endurance than cardio endurance they would be the way to go.

mtnmom 04-12-16 01:29 PM

I agree to go with the early ones. I think the original is best because it is so easy to modify. The releases after the first 5 had reps that seemed to go on for days!

toomuchjoy 04-12-16 01:40 PM

Thanks!!

alisoncooks 04-12-16 01:44 PM

I :heart: Jari Love!

My favorites:
Get Ripped (original)
Weights & Abs premix (on a couple of her discs - Body Rock & Lean Machine???)
Slim & Lean (harder than the previous two, I think, but really adaptable)

And I like Ripped to the Core -- this has compound moves and a core focus.

ETA: I have waxed poetic about my love for Jari in the past...

deineira 04-12-16 01:56 PM

I just bought several of her DVDs in Mary's sale...there's a bundle with a lot of Get Ripped workouts that was 50% off.

What would be the best way to incorporate these? I'm not sure really what the differences are between these workouts; they're all total body workouts as far as I can tell. Are they to be used more as metabolic training?

I'm curious to hear how others have used these and what kind of "results" you got from them. I imagine they might be great for increasing endurance and burning fat.

Thanks in advance!

Joni O 04-12-16 03:20 PM

I love the Weights and Abs workout, too. Great music and fun to do.