Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers April (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232608)

karjoy 04-04-22 07:17 PM

Total Max Mixers April

Hey guys! I forgot to post a new thread now that it is April! Duh.:D

So this is April Total Max mixers. I went to Burn for legs and it was excellent with deadlifts, ball rollouts, Sumo squats, lunges etc. Then came home and ran 30 min on the treadmill, nice and slow.

Hope everyone’s week has had a good start.

Vantreesta 04-04-22 10:51 PM

Thanks for starting us off, Karen!

Today I did 10k trainer wk3 day3 run intervals for 2.19 miles, some PT stuff and foam/ball rolling.

JBliff 04-05-22 08:10 AM

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Push Day weights only premix + 20 minutes on the elliptical + 25 minutes of yoga.

Karjoy - Thanks for starting the April thread. It totally slipped my mind that we're in April already.

Vannie - Are you planning to participate in a 10K?

Hi to everyone. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 04-05-22 09:48 AM

JB, I'm hoping to do a 5k in May. I always use the 10k trainer app. I do want to do a 10k trail run in October and who knows what others I may find. :)

karjoy 04-05-22 08:46 PM

JBliff it totally skipped my mind too that I needed to start a new month! Now I don’t feel so bad.

So cool you are training for a 5K Vannie. And maybe a 10k.

Drive by: 52 minutes on the treadmill watching Cheer. We are having more storms.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.

JBliff 04-06-22 11:44 AM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH and MMA Boxing.

Vannie - That's very cool about the 5 and 10K. The trail run would be fun.

Karjoy
- It's been quite rainy and windy here too. We're supposed to have rain all day tomorrow.

Waves to all. Have a good day.

Vantreesta 04-06-22 12:40 PM

Hey, guys. I did more ball massage yesterday (racquetballs rock!) and today I did wk4 day1 for I think 2.35 mi of intervals. I need to stretch and roll still.

The 5k I'm looking at is one I haven't done before but I love that it's at 6 PM. So not a morning person! The trail race I did in 2019 and struggled so I need to do more incline treadmill work before it. It's at my favorite hiking place and it is tough! The run is partly on the expert ridge. I'm hoping all is back to normal this year bc one of the best parts about it is the chili after the race! Last year they didn't have any of the extra stuff, which was part of my decision not to do it last year. That and I knew I wasn't going to be as ready as I wanted for it.

JBliff 04-07-22 09:08 AM

My workout yesterday was Boss Bands Glutes & Core.

Vannie - That 5K sounds tougher than usual. It's good to have something to look forward to after the race ;).

Waves to all. Have a good day.

karjoy 04-07-22 06:22 PM

Hi guys. I was getting ready to post last night and fell asleep! I guess I needed the rest!;)

I just did 45 min on the treadmill watching Call the Midwife on Netflix. I found this cool diagram on internet of exercises using the fabric loops and I am getting ready to do some of the upper body exercises. Always good to do something different.
Vannie a 6pm race sounds like a lot of fun with your climate. With chili! It will soon be hit here and with DSTime it’s still brutal at that time. Hill work is always good. There is some famous runner that said hills are speed work in disguise. :) There we’re lots of hills on my springtime 10k and it reminded me I need to do hills. Enjoy your training.

Jbliff have you done any Cathe rotations lately? And do you like Cathe’s yoga videos? I have not heard anymore about the new STS workouts.

Waves to Cher and Gibbee.

Vantreesta 04-07-22 07:18 PM

The race with chili is the October 10k trail race so I've got time to get ready. I don't run hills really bc of my hamstring issues but walking hills is still helpful. There are really only two hills of much size near my house and they are nothing compared to that race route! :eek:

I ran an evening race in July several years ago and it was still crazy hot to me. I proved to myself last summer that I can run when it's hot though, so I remind myself of that often!