Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Drop 2 dress sizes, Results? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=194925)

pgun3 07-27-13 11:23 AM

Drop 2 dress sizes, Results?

I have this set along with the book. Was wondering what the results have been if you wouldn't mind sharing.
thanks

Sue B 07-27-13 12:06 PM

I posted today in another thread: I'm wrapping up Week 5 and I've already lost 3 inches from my waist and 3.5 inches from my hips. I've been a good girl and haven't weighed myself, but one of the success stories in the book is a woman who lost several sizes and gained 5 pounds.

I'm doing all the workouts, the foam rolling and RAMP (they are part of the workout!) and about half-following the diet. On off days, I don't do much more than walking and summer kid-herding.

Jane P. 07-27-13 12:21 PM

Congratulations Sue!

bayportsmom 07-27-13 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue B (Post 2265086)
I posted today in another thread: I'm wrapping up Week 5 and I've already lost 3 inches from my waist and 3.5 inches from my hips. I've been a good girl and haven't weighed myself, but one of the success stories in the book is a woman who lost several sizes and gained 5 pounds.

I'm doing all the workouts, the foam rolling and RAMP (they are part of the workout!) and about half-following the diet. On off days, I don't do much more than walking and summer kid-herding.

THIS is what I can't wrap my brain around..... Not weighing and not counting calories!! I have been weighing every day like usual and trying not to stress out about it. Ive only done 1 week, but I really like the workouts and I've been really sore. I think they'll be effective. Okay.....another confession, I've been adding extra cardio and TA. :-/ Congratulations on your inches lost! Did you follow the workouts as suggested? I have such a hard time "trusting the plan". :)

bayportsmom 07-27-13 03:31 PM

Oh haha, I guess I should have finished reading your post!! :)

hdw 07-27-13 03:41 PM

Awesome results, Sue!

pgun3 07-27-13 04:11 PM

Thanks Sue! Those are good results! Are the workouts doable for someone who is totally out of shape? Does she work you up from the bottom LOL

Sue B 07-27-13 04:30 PM

Thanks, hdw and Jane!

bayportsmom, I'd be sore too if I did extra cardio. As it is, sometimes my right knee can't take all the lunging. But since these are total body workouts, they should be easy to mix in with other workouts if you wanted to.

pgun3, you should be able to do the strength workouts. The metabolic workouts can be hard to keep up with - they just fly through the burpees :eek: - so I mostly do those on my own.

ellaenchanted 07-27-13 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayportsmom (Post 2265172)
THIS is what I can't wrap my brain around..... Not weighing and not counting calories!! I have been weighing every day like usual and trying not to stress out about it. Ive only done 1 week, but I really like the workouts and I've been really sore. I think they'll be effective. Okay.....another confession, I've been adding extra cardio and TA. :-/ Congratulations on your inches lost! Did you follow the workouts as suggested? I have such a hard time "trusting the plan". :)

Well, Rachel is assuming that you will follow her food plan or something very similar which would require doing some sort of measuring or counting.

I will be done with Phase 1 tomorrow. I really enjoyed this phase! No dread and the workouts go by pretty quickly. I like the RAMP warm up but, some people may need something more active. I do foam rolling after working or just while watching tv. However, foam rolling does not replace stretching for me. I need both.

I have not followed the food plan but I have decided I need to. I gained 8-10lbs from Jan-June due to stress and exhaustion from having a crazier than usual work schedule. I know that means some diet adjustments, especially when I am trying to get my body into weightloss mode.

Sue B 07-28-13 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellaenchanted (Post 2265264)
Well, Rachel is assuming that you will follow her food plan or something very similar which would require doing some sort of measuring or counting.

I will be done with Phase 1 tomorrow. I really enjoyed this phase! No dread and the workouts go by pretty quickly. I like the RAMP warm up but, some people may need something more active.

If you haven't noticed, RAMP gets harder in phase 2 :) There are more balancing exercises and plank-type work. I did RAMP from the dvd today for the first time (normally i do the strength workouts at the gym) and I was sweating even before the metabolic began! These workouts really hit my core and the RAMP is a big part of that.

ETA: in the book P2 RAMP, there's an ankle mobility exercise where you stand with your toes raised on a mat and bend your knees 10 times - easy peasy. But on the DVD, you have to get in plank, balance on one side and pike up 8 times on each side - ouch.