Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shelter at Home: Are you working out more? Or, less? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228340)

Vintage VFer 04-13-20 09:53 AM

Shelter at Home: Are you working out more? Or, less?

While sheltering at home, are you working out more, less or about the same amount?

summer breeze 04-13-20 10:08 AM

I'm working out more, 7 days a week many days twice a day. However I am also eating more. Also my job was a very active one at a restaurant, so now that I'm not working I'm getting less activity in my day overall even though I'm working out more. All that to say I gained a lb or 2 in the last month:p

Kitten 04-13-20 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summer breeze (Post 2869118)
I'm working out more, 7 days a week many days twice a day. However I am also eating more. Also my job was a very active one at a restaurant, so now that I'm not working I'm getting less activity in my day overall even though I'm working out more. All that to say I gained a lb or 2 in the last month:p

I could have written this, except my job was in non-essential retail.

kristiep 04-13-20 01:36 PM

I’m working out more, just once per day but 6-7 days per week and an active rest day with restorative yoga and stretching. I am a morning WO person - not going to happen if I don’t do it first thing. It’s easier to get in a workout when I don’t have to take kids to school then commute to work.

I’m eating better, too. I need to start bringing my lunch to work instead of grabbing something there.

Pam 04-13-20 02:36 PM

I am working out less, but only partly due to stress. This time of year I work a lot of hours, so it cuts into my workouts. I was doing good at walking outdoors everyday last week, enjoying the warm and sunny days. We now have about 15 inches of snow, so tomorrow it will be Shovel Max and still snowing hard.

bubbles76 04-13-20 03:09 PM

The same :) Just at night now, instead of morning.

rhbrand 04-13-20 03:11 PM

Less but mainly cause we moved in March and my gym stuff was the last stuff to get moved.

I'm ramping it up now so I'll be working out a little more than I was.

BunnyHop 04-13-20 04:47 PM

I had been depending on the treadmill at the Y for an almost-daily walk.

Real life walks seem to have lead to other things. Even did Jari Love's Original Get Ripped last week. :)

wendug 04-13-20 05:47 PM

I'm working out the same amount. I've found what my body can handle work out wise so I stick with it. I could try to add more, but then I would be wiped out!

Laura S. 04-13-20 05:58 PM

Some weeks, I exercise more. Some weeks, I exercise less. At least with formal workouts. Add in the walks around the neighborhood DH and I take and it's probably more overall.