Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Getting Started with Videos (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Intense butt workout, low impact - Suggestions? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=177945)

Violet 03-07-12 06:21 PM

Intense butt workout, low impact - Suggestions?

My butt is flat! One of my goals is to perk it up and make it bigger. I am looking for really good and seriously intense butt workouts that are also low impact. I own some equipment like dumbbells, a barbell, ball, and a few steps.

What videos do you recommend?

Kyra 03-07-12 08:58 PM

I recommend this. I was basically looking for an improvement in performance from this, and was pleasantly surprised to see, well, visible changes, too. I never had much of a butt before I did the program, but I do now!

runnermom 03-07-12 09:56 PM

Thanks for that article Kyra. I have been wanting to strengthen my glutes to help an injury I have and this program sounds perfect. How long did you do each phase?

naturallove 03-08-12 06:59 AM

Kyra-That is an excellent article, thank you so much. I really like Bret's approach very much and it makes sense. I'm recovering from surgery now, but I want to talk to my outpatient PT (when I get there) about optimal glute activation when the time comes.

ETA: Moderators, this thread probably should be in GD, no?

Kyra 03-08-12 07:40 AM

runnermom, I'd say I did each phase for at least 3 - 4 weeks, IIRC. I didn't rush and moved on when it felt right to do so, meaning it felt like I was starting to overextend the exercises as presented.

naturallove, I think it's a great extension of PT. For me the program dovetailed well with post PT activities for an IT Band issue.

Debbie S. 03-08-12 10:59 AM

NL, I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

Bret has a book coming out:

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-...1175900&sr=8-1

I do like the fact that he stresses NOT to skip a phase, which is a natural tendency for some.

Violet 03-09-12 05:45 PM

Thank you Kyra! That looks like really good advice. I've been doing the bridge with my son on my lap, to keep him entertained while I exercise at home. I'm going to add a new routine to do at home on my Jefit app on my Android.

How about videos? I've been browsing and looking at a few. What do you think? Are they good for lifting and making a round butt? Are they low impact?

Cathe's Butts and Guts, Gym Style Legs, Pyramid Lower Body
Callanetics
The Firm's Standing Legs
Powerstrike

Violet 03-13-12 11:59 AM

Does no one have any video suggestions or comments on videos in my last post? I made this thread asking for video suggestions, and I appreciate Kyra's suggestion very much, but I would also still like some suggestions for videos. :)

runnermom 03-14-12 08:45 AM

Tracie Long just came out with a new one Figure 30:Butt that is supposed to be good. However there are a few high impact moves that you can modify. Also tonique mat has a nice long bridgework section if you can stand it. Hope this helps.

hulabug1 03-14-12 01:59 PM

I just ordered Cathe's Butts and Guts as I've read some really good reviews about it and I, too, wanted a good butt/lower body workout- plus, I might be crazy but, I LOVE firewalkers and this dvd has them :)

edensmom 03-14-12 06:32 PM

No, you aren't crazy- I love firewalkers too!

Missiscipi 03-14-12 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edensmom (Post 1999740)
No, you aren't crazy- I love firewalkers too!

Me too!

I do the workouts from myomytv.com website for good glute work. I have kind of thrown all dvds out the window since doing her stuff (for lower body).

edensmom 03-20-12 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozy (Post 1999775)
Me too!

I do the workouts from myomytv.com website for good glute work. I have kind of thrown all dvds out the window since doing her stuff (for lower body).

I just did the Booty-Making workout today and loved it. "Myohmy" is right....:D

Missiscipi 03-21-12 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edensmom (Post 2003200)
I just did the Booty-Making workout today and loved it. "Myohmy" is right....:D

Thats my favorite!

patriots 03-28-12 06:01 PM

I like Butts and Guts but I really have to get up the "guts" to do it. It is hard and takes some motivation... and then after the legs and butt are done being sore, it takes some more motivation to do it again.

Cookie 03-29-12 06:17 PM

Barre workouts, in my opinion, are the way to go. You can choose from Physique 57, Callanetics, Squeeze, Bar Method, to name just a few. All are no impact and utilize many standing and floor options. The only equipment you need is a chair or ballet bar. Some use a playground ball but otherwise that's all you need. My goal has never been to bulk it up but these will certainly lift and round. I've not read any reviews for Brazil Butt Lift and haven't bothered with it since I have too many choices as it is.

edensmom 03-30-12 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rozy (Post 2003352)
Thats my favorite!

I absolutely LOVE this workout. It is soooo tough. Last week my hamstrings were sore for 3 days. I usually never get DOMS like that. I did it again today. I want to add it in every week.

anjabear 09-18-19 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Violet (Post 1998895)
Does no one have any video suggestions or comments on videos in my last post? I made this thread asking for video suggestions, and I appreciate Kyra's suggestion very much, but I would also still like some suggestions for videos. :)

An old one but a good one Callenetics Hips and Behind. You can get the DVD called Quick Callanetics with all three short workouts on it for stomach, legs, and behind.
You can get a newer, 2016, Express Callanetics which has a lower body express on it.
I would go for the older one... actually I would go for both of them. I do own both and both are worth having to me. :D
HTH

SORRY, I'm 7 years late answering this! I've never been to this section of VF!

adawn 05-28-21 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baba (Post 2927095)

I reported this and the other (apparently) spam post. Perhaps someone guessed the original baba's password and is now posting spam link's using baba's account.