Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Friends in Fitness - December 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229927)

summer breeze 12-01-20 09:35 AM

Friends in Fitness - December 2020

Newcomers welcome!! Join us!

Whatever you do for fitness, walking, running, stepping, dancing, yoga, weights, pilates, kettle bells, swimming, biking, etc., come join us and we will try to encourage, inspire, support, and motivate you to achieve your goals!!

Have a happy and healthy December!

summer breeze 12-01-20 09:37 AM

Here is my check-in from the old thread:

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

100 kettlebell swings

It rained most of the day yesterday and I couldn't motivate myself to do a dvd. My friend from NY state was in town yesterday and asked me if I wanted to walk with her. ??
I felt bad because I don't see her often but I don't walk in the rain. I am planning a walk today and hopefully some MR before my month is up.

NORA, thanks for coming back :D. Walks are always good, especially double walks.
Wow they're really strict up there with the quarantining. How long is your DD planning on staying in Canada this time?

I'm going to start the new thread for December !!

Have a great day everyone!!

nora 12-01-20 08:58 PM

Yes, another walk today. It was like a spring day for some reason.

SB-You need to go to the dollar store and buy one of those plastic ponchos. Be prepared for rain! DD is here until January or so. It's true that we're more strict up here about covid than in the U.S. She got a call from the quar cops today, to verify her address. So, I guess it's a good thing she didn't listen to her mom ...who told her to just ignore that and come here anyway.

summer breeze 12-02-20 09:23 AM

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1703
50 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I am planning a walk today and maybe an add-on.

NORA, Yes I do have one of those ponchos. Nope I still don't walk in the rain, especially the cold damp winter rain. lol. Wow that is a good thing DD didn't listen to you. I seriously doubt anyone ever checks if people are quarantining here.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!

summer breeze 12-03-20 09:58 AM

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

55 minute outdoor walk

I wore my new down coat, it worked great!
It's supposed to be for -7 to 43 degrees so that should cover me all winter:D:eek: I am planning a walk today and maybe more MR.

PENGUIN, hope you found your way here from the November thread :p. I'm going to google how to post a link from a chromebook right now!! lol

Waves to all. Have a great day!

Jewels5 12-03-20 10:36 AM

Hi Everyone!

Dare I ask...may I join you again?! :sun: I'm still doing Cathe rotations and am on my third week of her November rotation. I usually walk my dog in the mornings and evenings but missed my morning walk today because I was short on time. I only did a quick workout too... Cardio Core Circuit Express Circuit Premix (5 rounds).

I have a little more time on my hands these days....other than moving soon. LOL. I think I posted a few months ago that my ex was taking me to court for full time custody of my minor kids...and he won.:( But I'm finally at a place where I have accepted this change that was out of my control and I am making the most of it. So my adult kids and I are moving to a smaller place this month and I'm just happy to literally move on!:music:

SB, I'm happy to see you're doing kettlebell swings!! I don't care for walking in the rain either. That's the only thing I don't miss about my dog walking job! :p

Waves to all! Hope everyone is doing great!! :heart:

patchworkpenguin 12-04-20 12:25 AM

{This is my post from yesterday, I forgot it was December}

Well once again I have skipped a Wednesday workout in favor of a nap, this is becoming a bad habit.

i got to wear my winter coat, which is a pretty warm, cloth camel color coat from Walmart {I'm allergic to wool}. Its supposed to rain from 11pm tonight to at least 7pm tomorrow. Since I don't get to go anywhere until maybe Sunday, this isn't that big of a deal, but no one wants a wet dog.

SB, you seem to have been getting your money's worth on that MR trial.

Nora, I'm so sorry to hear that your DD isn't with you but at least she's getting closer! One of hubby's coworker got injured and had to take a Covid test. if Hubby has to quarantine at home for two weeks there goes all our vacation and sick time for the next year! Someone told me that the 'nose test' only says if you have any virus, not covid specific. The more I hear about this virus the madder I get.

Hubby's friend was working on his car {alone, even though Hubby had offered 4 times to help him} and a transmission fell on his hand, which shattered one of the bones in his finger. he's having surgery tomorrow in hopes that they can save the finger.
12-01-20 09:33 AM
summer breeze Hi all !!

patchworkpenguin 12-04-20 12:40 AM

So today I woke up with my head stuffy and a headache. at one point last night I kicked the covers off and woke up freezing! I took some cold meds and then took a 4 hour nap. {not an unusual reaction for me and meds} While I feel better I didn't want to sleep the day away and felt groggy most of the day. So once again no workout.

Nora, glad to hear you had such a nice day. Its rained all day here. a good day to sleep through

SB, several years ago I bought a coat that was black, white with purple piping. Its a raincoat with a hood and a zip out ,down lining that can also be worn separately. but the lining was bright, fuchsia purple. I never wore the lining until last year, while it was very warm I feel a little conspicuous wearing it some places. {like to my friend's husbands funeral} So I determined I was going to buy a classier coat this year. I don't think any of mine have degree ratings. but just reading about yours made me cold!

Julie, good to have you back! sorry to hear about the custody case. As you sad, some things are just out of your control and fighting against it just hurts you in the end.

Although the Dr said they need to do surgery on friend's finger as soon as possible, they have put it off again, so it should be tomorrow.

summer breeze 12-04-20 09:11 AM

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

49 minute outdoor walk

It's supposed to rain later so I am planning a walk this morning hopefully and maybe an add-on. I'll probably get back to the swings too now that I gave my lower back a respite. I cancelled my one month with MR.
As much as I enjoyed it, I don't think it was all that different from her dvds which I have most of.

JULIE, so great to "see" you! Of course you're always welcome. I think of you often and wonder how you're doing. So sorry to hear about the custody decision:(.
That just makes my heart hurt but you have the right attitude. I wish you continued peace and strength. So glad to see you're still doing Cathe! Oh I saw your thread on GD and was going to say hi but unfortunately I had no good advice to share. I work out in my living room and keep my weights and other equipment on the floor in the corner. Doesn't look great but it's convenient and important to me.
I see you got some great ideas on the thread though :sun:

PENGUIN, I hope those naps did you some good and you're feeling better. Your classy camel coat does sound very versatile.
This was the first coat I remember getting that had a temperature rating!

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!

Jewels5 12-04-20 11:07 AM

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for welcoming me back! :heart: And thanks for the kind words! :sun:

This morning I walked and did Physique 57 Express. It was supposed to be an off day or yoga but I struggled with that. I also took Cash (my dog) for a long walk in the rain...SB I thought about what I said yesterday about not liking to walk in the rain. :p

SB, thank you!! I have often thought of you too! My heart has been aching too (it felt like a death honestly) but I'm grateful for the fact that I have a close relationship with all of my kids and the fact that my two oldest choose to live with me helps. And thanks for your input on the workout space! I got a lot of great ideas posting that question! I hope your back is okay. So glad to see you're doing awesome with your swings!

Penguin, I hope you feel better soon! Thanks for your kind words! Hope your friend's surgery goes well too.

Hi Nora! :heart: