Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Workout/Fitness FAQs (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "easy day" workout videos (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=462)

Michele S 11-27-01 12:16 PM

"easy day" workout videos

I was just wondering... What videos do you keep around that you *know* are too easy? I'm talking about the ones that get pulled out on those days that a tough workout seems an impossibility but when you feel like you really *should* do something! :)
I like KS march to fitness myself. Even on those days that I feel too exhausted to move a muscle, I can usually muster the energy to do this one. When the 30min are over (usually much faster than I've realized), I feel great!
Just wondering... (and procrastinating at work... can you tell?)
Michele

Nichole 11-27-01 12:24 PM

my personal fav.

for one of "those" days..is FIRM lie down and workout..or "sculpted buns hips and thighs"..which after 3 grueling ab routines should be called abs, abs, abs. The idea of doing a workout without ever standing up is mighty appealing sometimes.

Another is Scott Cole's Millenium Stretch.

Celia M 11-27-01 12:38 PM

Nichole!

You think Lie Down and Work Out is easy? Jeez! You're really fit. I can't do all those abs.

No, when I want something easier, I go for ones like Crunch Boot Camp or a segment from CIA 9901 or my personal favorite guilty pleasure, CIA 8004 (you haven't lived until you've "Fosse'd" with Roberto!)

Crystal 11-27-01 12:40 PM

KS - Latin Rhythms
KV - Strong & Smooth Moves

Hand to mouth Hagen Daas lifts.......pardon me, thinking out loud...

lynnem3 11-27-01 12:44 PM

I like to do hi/lo videos that make me break a slight sweat, but don't push me too hard. Some of my favorites are Breakthru Cardio Dance, Andre's Hi/Lo Workout, and Kathy Smith's Functionally Fit Fat Burning.

When I'm feeling more mellow, I like to do Angles, Lines, and Curves or Streamline Fitness.

SharonH 11-27-01 12:57 PM

Lighter Day Tapes

Urban Tai Chi and Minna's Strength & Grace are two tapes that immediately come to mind. I had very few "light day" tapes in the aerobic/strength category, so I have purposely started adding some to my collection and they definitely get used.

Jane C 11-27-01 01:26 PM

Yoga Booty Ballet

YBB comes to mind immediately. Also, the Ballet tapes - Ballet Boot Camp, or NYC Ballet

Barb L 11-27-01 01:47 PM

Depends on what "easy" means

If I don't want to think too much, Gilad's Step Workout comes to mind--but it isn't necessarily "easy" in intensity.

Lower intensity but fun would be Donnamite--dancin' to the Motown music.

susan p 11-27-01 02:01 PM

I keep half a shelf for easy videos. I like Crunch Turbo Sculpt and Firm Basics Sculpting with Weights and the Firm's floor legs (NOT the one with all the abs! The one with Kathy Derry) and the strength section of Minna's Emergency Workout for easy strength.

For easy cardio, I like Denise Austin's X-tra Lite Aerobics, The New You with Linda and Kari, NAC Measured Intensity, Firm Basics Fat Burning, hmmm, I know I have a couple of others but don't want to run upstairs to see! lazy, lazy, lazy. . .

SharonNYC 11-27-01 02:14 PM

I have a whold sub-collection for this situation.

The Susan Deason Balance Ball (maybe the Karen Voight one too)tapes are in this category for me, old familiar favs like Fonda's Lean Routine. I also like Turbo Sculpt.

Angles, Lines and Curves is great here. Kripalu Gentle Yoga is a wonderful tape for that not-quite-all-there day.

If I really like a tape I've outgrown I keep it anyway for below par days.