Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - Week of November 15 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229813)

Cher 11-18-20 06:13 AM

I’ve had 2 busy mornings (Monday & Tuesday) so no workouts. Yesterday I did manage to do a 15 minute Leslie mile though in the afternoon. (I would have went for a longer walk but it was only in the 30’s, pretty windy and no sun so talked myself into what I something even if it was only a few minutes). Going to try to do a quick early workout this morning before WW.

JBliff & Karen - Yes, our cases went up really quickly here. It’s just crazy. I don’t understand how it got so bad all of a sudden again. Maybe part of it Is it because schools started back up? Who knows.

Gibbee & Vannie - I hope you two are doing okay.

JBliff 11-18-20 08:36 AM

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a walk with DH and 40 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - I wouldn't go outside for a walk in that weather either! Our walk yesterday was pretty cold, and it was in the low 50s. We also had 20-mph winds so it made it feel even colder.

Waves to all. Have a good day.

karjoy 11-18-20 07:41 PM

Hi guys. Judi and I did a coldish 7 mile run this am and yesterday we did 4 miles with three hill repeats which means do a couple miles of warmup run and then spend 30-60 seconds running up a steep hill 3 times. There is a very steep killer hill right down the street from me and we did that. That was hard but the cooler weather made it easier.

Cases are ticking up here too, and I hear SO many people saying they are not going to do a small Thanksgiving, they are just gonna have their big family event as always. I swear it makes one despair. One of our employees with Covid has been out 6 weeks and is not coming back anytime soon due to breathing issues. I am not sure if she will ever come back. Hospital nurses and doctors are at their wits end.

Cher I know down here that schools have not been a big spreader of Covid. College students? Different story there.

We have had some nice cool days and fairly cold nights and it is wonderful.

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee, kareng

Cher 11-19-20 07:06 AM

Yesterday’s workout was IMax 4 Step Combos Only premix. I did up my step to increase the intensity a bit more since it’s only a 30 minute premix.

JBliff - I’ll see about going for a walk sometime today. It is supposed to be warmer today but windy so I’ll have to see how cold it actually feels.

Karen - We normally go to my cousins for TG and there has been as many as 25 people there. This year that’s a no go. Our Governor has also limited indoor gatherings to 2 households per gathering.

JBliff 11-19-20 07:34 AM

Hi all. I took a rest day yesterday since I had another night of little sleep. So annoying.

Karjoy - I just saw on the news this morning that Florida now has had over 900,000 cases. That's just awful. It seems half the country has given up on any kind of precaution at all or don't even believe there's a virus. I'm sure the doctors and nurses are at their wits' end. Did you see the story about the nurse in South Dakota that said even when people were dying they would not believe that they had covid?

Cher - Today is the coldest it's been in a while for us. Our low this morning was 20. Good idea not to have a big gathering for TG. How is your sister doing? What's the next step for her?

Waves to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.

karjoy 11-19-20 09:33 PM

Jbliff I saw that clip of the nurse in SD who took care of patients who, even when they were dying, denied they had COVID. So heartbreaking and mystifying. I know people are tired but we have to hang in there. I keep hearing from patients how tired they are but most soldier ahead and try to stay positive.

Cher I think you are smart to have a small Thanksgiving. It will just be me and my DH thank goodness. How is your sister doing? I know she has to be super careful.

Vannie what are you doing for Thanksgiving? Have you had snow yet? How is your rotation coming along?

Gibbee we are thinking of you, kareng

Cher 11-20-20 06:31 AM

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s Purple Mile and Perfect Pump Lower. Later managed to get in a short walk outside.

JBliff & Karen - My sister is now just waiting for them to set up times for her radiation. They seem to take so long to schedule anything.

Going to be puppy sitting today....I guess I should start saying dog sitting since she just turned 1 the other day! :p

JBliff 11-20-20 09:39 AM

My workout yesterday was LITE Stacked Lower Body + 25 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - I can't believe the puppy is already 1! Is she still as cute? I wonder if the COVID cases are taking up all the doctors' time.

Karjoy - It'll just be the two of us as well for TG. I do miss my family in France and would love to visit DH's parents too but it's just too risky.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.

karjoy 11-21-20 06:42 PM

Hi guys. Ran 5 miles today. Gonna knock out a set of upper body with Cathe band too.

A lot of folks I know have wisely changed their Thanksgiving plans to just their own household. Much less risky.

Cher it does take forever to get anything done in medicine it seems. I guess your sister has to be extra super careful. We ask our chemotherapy and radiation therapy patients to do just telemedicine visits.

Hi Vannie!

I messaged Gibbee this week. I let her know we are thinking of her. She is managing one day to one hour at a time.

Kareng