Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

Leonana 12-29-20 09:37 PM

I did the floor stretch from Jessica’s new stretch dvd. I liked it, I feel nice and relaxed.

Donna, I'm glad you had nice weather for your walk.

wishiwasinhawaii, I follow Debbie quite a bit more lately.

Pam, on Jessica's website she has a link for Gear We Love. Here is the Amazon link for the mat. Unfortunately, it says out of stock. But there are other suggestions from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OIR1VC...htv_dp_vv_d%20

donnamp 12-30-20 09:15 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up taking my Golden out for a walk - we walked slowly and I let her sniff as much as she liked - it was more for getting out than getting exercise. I think she enjoyed it. I have a hard time taking her out as often b/c my Lab, who is getting up there in years, just can't handle the walks any more - so I have to sneak out w/ my Golden so as not to upset my Lab.

Anyway, I also did Jessica Smiths new Stretch DVD - Floor stretch. I really love this routine. I skip the one shoulder stretch that she does that just isn't comfortable for me - but the rest is great.

Today i did:

Charlene Prickett - Get the Fat Off - Cardio Crosstrainer - Step Workout. This is another blast from the past from my VHS collection. I'm so glad I still have a VCR....as this was never put on DVD. It is 30 min of low impact and 30 min of step. I did the step routine today. I have to say, this one has stood the test of time - I enjoyed it in my 30's and now in my 50's....

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for After a Disaster - such an appropriate title for a yoga practice at the end of this crazy year. I appreciate Adriene's sense humor/irony or whatever it was that inspired her to put this one on her December 2020 calendar. Tomorrow's practice is Yoga for New Beginnings which she almost always puts on her calendar for December 31st. I'm still considering doing her new challenge in 2021.

Not sure what else is up for today - I am definitely enjoying my staycation - even though I have had to check on work items, it hasn't been too bad.

Nice workouts, everyone!!!

Donna

Leonana 12-30-20 10:00 AM

Donna, I noticed my shoulders and upper back were a little sore today. Which shoulder move in the floor stretch is it?

Okay, I just read your post in the Jessica thread. I thought that was the one.

Pam61 12-30-20 03:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's Barefoot Fusion Sculpt. Love this one! My shoulders are a little sore from something...probably Total Body Training (now that I'm thinking about it.) ;-)

Sherry, thank you for linking to the mat Jessica uses on Amazon. I was browsing over there and did a search in the GD thread here. I guess I'm not desperate for a mat yet, but it always looks so nice when she's working out.

I really like both of Jessica's new workouts! I'm trying to not do them too much and instead have been enjoying a few of her other stretchy yoga that are a bit older.

I got out Lee Holden's 30 Day Challenge workout and just didn't have the patience for such a slow moving workout. I made it through two exercises, one for spine and another for neck/shoulders and they were great. Just so slow. So, I have to be in the mood for Qi Gong or Tai Chi of any kind (or really hurting.)

Leonana 12-30-20 09:27 PM

Today was Strictly Strength from Get Strong. I used my 15 pound kettlebell for the swinging move, and was proud of myself. But I had to go down to my 10 pound dumbbell the second time. Boy, using a heavy weight sure gets your heart rate up, I was breathing heavy.

Pam, the mat does look nice. I work out on carpet, but it definitely looks good for a hard floor. I’m looking forward to trying Pilates and Yoga tomorrow.

donnamp 12-31-20 09:06 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I ended up walking at the park - it was a pretty nice day - a little windy - but good to get out!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - 25 Min Dumbbell Workout for Women Over 50

Jessica Valent - Pilates Gratitude Workout (she filmed this on Thanksgiving)

I plan to get some yoga in later to round out the day. I will probably do Adriene's Yoga for New Beginnings.

Good job, Sherry! The shoulder move I avoid is the one where she has you extend your arm to the side and then you role towards that side - it just seems like it would be too much and I don't have any shoulder issues. I do like the move where you lay on your stomach w/ knee bent even w/ your hip and then you bring your foot up - that one feels really good in my hips, I have taken to doing that one every day.

Pam - as much as I want to like Qi Gong or Tai Chi - I totally have to be in the mood for it. I really did like Lee Holden's 7 min of Magic DVD - that was about the perfect length and pace for me and the PM routine - was really good for me. The extended version is 14 minutes and I used to do it often.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Hope everyone has a good day - Happy New Year!

Speaking of which, I have no idea what my January plan is - I was initially thinking about Pahla B's new challenge and Yoga w/ Adriene - but not sure.. I may still do Yoga w/ Adriene's 30 days of yoga, but I may not be as "strict" with everything else I'm doing. I enjoyed Jessica V's Pilates today so going back to my Jessica & Jessica rotations plus Adriene may win out. I do like Pahla though...too many workouts, too little time. And, then, of course I pulled out all my Charlene Prickett workouts so they are in the mix as well!

Donna

Pam61 12-31-20 04:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's 360 Abs today! Each time I do this I wish it was done at a little slower pace. Maybe it's the music that ads to the frenzied feel. It's good, but could have been so much better. ;)

I plan to stick to Jessica's WS rotation for the month of January. I'm guessing her strength workouts will be available by February so will do the Lift and Shift rotation then. And, then I'll add her yoga, pilates, stretch workouts when time allows.

I have been eyeing Yoga with Adriene and her 30 day challenge. But, some of the practices on her calendar are longer than 30 minutes. So maybe I will follow loosely and just do the shorter ones to add on.

Donna, so many decisions and workouts, I agree!

Happy 2021 everyone!

donnamp 01-01-21 09:18 AM

New thread alert!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...02#post2905002

Pam - I did see that Adriene has some longer practices, but I am thinking that no one says I need to complete it in 30 days...so I may just fit them in when I can.....

Donna