Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone else making 2013 goals already? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=185951)

SpiritSong 10-24-12 01:50 PM

Anyone else making 2013 goals already?

I am trying to build up my daily workout minutes in these last nine weeks of 2012 so that I can be up to an hour a day (5-6 days per week) in 2013. My goal is to vary the time spent on cardio/toning and spend the rest of the hour doing yoga or a stretch workout.

Then I was trying to think of a way to resolve my virgin problem, and I thought of declaring Saturday my virgin day. That will give me 52 opportunities in 2013 to get through all those workouts I bought and have never done. :o I'm not sure I actually have 52 virgins, but I probably own a bunch of workouts that have been done only once, so I can move on to those if I run out.

LOL. :p Anyone else setting 2013 goals already?

JENILU 10-24-12 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritSong (Post 2121012)

Then I was trying to think of a way to resolve my virgin problem, and I thought of declaring Saturday my virgin day. That will give me 52 opportunities in 2013 to get through all those workouts I bought and have never done. :o I'm not sure I actually have 52 virgins, but I probably own a bunch of workouts that have been done only once, so I can move on to those if I run out.

Just wanted to add that several of those virgins may have multiple workouts on them, so it still may be 52 you haven't done! :D

SpiritSong 10-24-12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENILU (Post 2121017)
Just wanted to add that several of those virgins may have multiple workouts on them, so it still may be 52 you haven't done! :D

As Amy approached the mountain, she looked up and thought, "Hey, I can climb this. One step at a time!" Then Jenilu walked up behind her and pushed her into the valley below the mountain, adding another mile to the journey.

metalbarbie 10-24-12 02:57 PM

Goals for 2013?? Buy new videos, of course! Duh! Informercials we are ready for you!

JENILU 10-24-12 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritSong (Post 2121043)
As Amy approached the mountain, she looked up and thought, "Hey, I can climb this. One step at a time!" Then Jenilu walked up behind her and pushed her into the valley below the mountain, adding another mile to the journey.

:cool: Lol, just helping!! It just means you won't have to add in extra DVDs. You probably have 52 workouts in your virgins. :sun:

txfitmom 10-24-12 06:41 PM

I wish I could make my goal in 2013 to not buy too many fitness videos, but I know I cannot keep that promise!

I have an ever growing virgin workout collection as well. Lately, I have been doing something similar. I allow myself the weekend to pick whatever workout I want that I have not tried yet even if it does not meet my current fitness goals, just something to have fun.

I am kind of loving this approach. During the week, I stick to a more formal rotation and then the weekend is more carefree. It helps me stick to a rotation during the week knowing that the weekend is coming up and I don't feel guilty anymore about my virgin workouts now that I am actually trying them!

rhbrand 10-24-12 07:46 PM

I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

To quit buying everything

To actually USE what I buy.

zraipel 10-24-12 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhbrand (Post 2121169)
I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

Everything she said!! :o

bubbles76 10-24-12 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zraipel (Post 2121173)
everything she said!! :o

+2

Sissy B 10-24-12 10:24 PM

Quote:

+3

~Sissy B

FitBoop 10-25-12 12:38 AM

I'm still working on my 2012 goals! :)

MomOf2Gremlins 10-25-12 01:13 AM

Well, considering we'll be moving back to the US end of Feb 2013 (YAY! :D) and will have our stuff packed a few weeks before, I'm focusing on workouts that I can do easily here and there (thinking of 10MS, Leslie, Steph Huckabee's Powerfit series, some Denise as well as online sources such as Popfitsugartv on youtube) since we'll be busy and once we arrived in the US, living in a temp apartment first, space will possibly be an issue as well! Other than bands I won't have any equipment with me at first either!..

Other than that, I really want to use what I have already and not buy more!! (Well.. I'll probably end up getting Denise's 2 new ones that are supposed to come out in Dec. and I want her new Belly Fit too, but other than those, I really must go through my collection of ~250 DVDs! [I know, it's not that much compared to what some of you have :p but still!..])

Fidget Queen 10-25-12 06:48 AM

Finish a rotation!!!! I don't care what it is or how modified it is, gosh darn it, I must finish one.

My new strategy is to not restrict myself to week- long blocks. I tend to get frustrated when I can't complete a week's worth of workouts and keep starting over. So, if it takes 10 days, so be it; I'll just continue from there.

And yes, make what I have what I want to use. I have a lot of extraordinary workouts. :o

Oh, injury prevention and energy preservation are my number one priorities.

leslie w 10-25-12 06:56 AM

The only goal I can think of is to stop reading all the long threads about the latest and greatest system that have just been released. I get sucked into those threads and end up paying $$$ for something that I'll never do because; I can't follow systems!

Instead, my goal is to use what I have and set the money aside for our trip to Yellowstone in the summer.:)

fit44 10-25-12 07:55 AM

Quote:

YES! This.
I have stacks of workouts I never use. I need to donate them but I keep thinking I'll use them one day.:o

athompson10 10-25-12 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txfitmom (Post 2121137)
I have an ever growing virgin workout collection as well. Lately, I have been doing something similar. I allow myself the weekend to pick whatever workout I want that I have not tried yet even if it does not meet my current fitness goals, just something to have fun.

I really like this idea! I've made inroads into my virgins this year and discovered some workouts I love. Making a once-a-week commitment to a virgin sounds great.

Pippadog 10-25-12 08:23 AM

'I have a few goals. To thin down my ever growing herd of dvds. I really need to drop at least 50 of them. Probably more like 100.

To actually USE what I buy. '

Plus 4

Laura

metalbarbie 10-25-12 08:24 AM

Right now I'm on a CLX rotation that ends in mid-January. My goal is to do 2 rounds of that so that will take me into the spring of 2013.

momofcha 10-25-12 09:23 AM

My goal is to be more consistent. I have hit some major slumps and need to re-group. I'm going to try and just do whatever instead of pushing myself. I'm over the puke in the bucket workouts, but I need to find some consistency.

tytbody 10-25-12 09:43 AM

Quote:

I wish I could make my goal in 2013 to not buy too many fitness videos, but I know I cannot keep that promise!

in order to keep that goal you will have to sign off of VF

zellybelly 10-25-12 11:35 AM

Yep (but then again I am a planner) :D! I will finish Ballet Body Periodization II in early Jan. I asked Santa to bring me Les Mills Body Pump that I want to do on my required 4 week break from Leah's stuff then jump back into another round of BBPSII that will take me till the beginning of June.

Laura S. 10-25-12 01:51 PM

This question made me stop and think about 2012. My sort of general, wish-type goal for 2012 was to get back some of the fitness I had lost in the past year or two by trying to be more consistent in how long I worked out and by increasing the intensity some; more stabilizing the intensity so that I didn't have so many "throw away" days. I think I generally have done that. It started with a rotation I did alternating Kettlebell Kickboxing workouts with easy workouts. I was going to do that for a month and ended up doing it for 6 weeks. And, I've been more consistent with workouts not being easy and in doing 30-40 minutes consistently.

So, that brings me to 2013 and what I want to accomplish next year. It doesn't seem possible that this year will be over in a little over two months...

Breezy Trousers 10-25-12 05:36 PM

Starting now, I'm going to focus more on what I put in my mouth and less on acquiring new workout DVDs.

Thanks to my VF participation in 2012, I have enough fun workouts to keep me busy in 2013, 2014, and 2015! :heart:

mizach 10-25-12 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers (Post 2121635)
Starting now, I'm going to focus more on what I put in my mouth and less on acquiring new workout DVDs.

Thanks to my VF participation in 2012, I have enough fun workouts to keep me busy in 2013, 2014, and 2015! :heart:

Yup that! I have started the first one already.
The second one, I think I have enough to last me a lifetime, hahaha.

violingal3 10-25-12 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizach (Post 2121637)
Yup that! I have started the first one already.
The second one, I think I have enough to last me a lifetime, hahaha.

Yes and yes. :o