Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Insoles and arch supports (esp. for aerobics) (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=56081)

Judith L 09-15-04 12:03 PM

Insoles and arch supports (esp. for aerobics)

I've been searching and reading threads related to orthotics and aerobic shoes and still have a couple of questions.

Superfeet: Several people have recommended Superfeet footbeds and looking at pictures of it, I wonder:
1- How great is the arch support on these?
2- And whether the heels could be cut if need be, in order to make them narrower in the heels?

Spenco supports: I currently wear the hard Spenco ortho arch supports or Profoot's SuperSport arch supports. The problem I have with the Spencos is that the heels are rather wide for me and force the heels of my shoes to expand and they cannot be cut to be narrowed as the material is so hard. I'm interested in getting the Spenco Cross Trainer insoles and wonder if the heels could be cut in these and whether they offer any arch support?

Besides the Spenco Cross Trainer insoles does anyone have any other recommendations for insoles for doing aerobics?

KarenP 09-15-04 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judith L
ISuperfeet: Several people have recommended Superfeet footbeds and looking at pictures of it, I wonder:
1- How great is the arch support on these?

In the words of Tony the Tiger, they're grrrrreeeaAAAAT! (IMHO)

Quote:

2- And whether the heels could be cut if need be, in order to make them narrower in the heels?
Never tried cutting the heels, but i did cut down the toes to make them a wee bit shorter.

WWWendy 09-15-04 01:01 PM

my experience w/ both

Hi there,

I have tried both kinds.

Superfeet (at least the kind I tried) were much more rigid. I think they had more of a cupped heel, so it might be tough to cut. I can't find mine (don't use them anymore) so I can't check. I did trim the toe area to fit.

Spenco cross trainers can be cut all along the surface of the insole, and they expect you to trim them to your shoe size. They do have good arch support. I was introduced to these years ago when I was having a terrible time finding running shoes that fit after my favorite model was discontinued. Some Saucony's I tried on fit well except they didn't have enough arch support. The sales clerk brought out a pair of Spencos and wow, I had the perfect fit for me. I'm still wearing Saucony shoes w/ Spencos for running...

I hope that helps.

Loretta S. 09-15-04 02:13 PM

I like the super feet, but my husband just hated them. He has really high arches, if that helps. The arch support is good for me, but not for him.

Judith L 09-17-04 07:21 AM

Karen, Wendy and Loretta: Thank you VERY much for your replies.

I found a terrific website, www.feetrelief.com, that sells only orthotics and insoles that has good prices and much information. They give recommendations for people with high, medium and low arches and have a 30-day money back guarantee. They accept various methods of payment including PayPal and shipping is very reasonable.

Thanks again!