Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 04-24-20 07:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Blessful Body - Gentle Morning Mat Warm-up
Jessica Valent - Leg Power workouts (minus the pistol squats - never happening here!)
Blessful Body - Pilates Stress Soother

Yesterday was the first day in a long time that DD and I didn't walk - it was raining....but I did do Blessful Body HIIP (High Intensity Interval Pilates) Lite and her 10 min core workout.

I think I may un-sub from Blessful Body when this month runs out. I like Ky quite a bit, but the workouts do have a sameness to them. If the subscription were less expensive I may re-consider...but...it is $18/month which is a bit high!

Sherry - I hear you - those who work in industries where telework is not possible are really suffering. It is just a terrible position to be in. I think MD is "lucky" in that w/ such a high percentage of federal workers most of whom are able to telework the pressure is really less to re-open. We added 900+ cases between Wed and Thurs - I guess the big unknown is how many cases would we be adding w/out these measures? Presumably more....but how much more? It is all such an unknown and people really have to make decisions w/out really knowing that the effects will be. :( I hear on getting worried - although I am thankful not to be worried about my job or my DH's job since we are both able to telework - I am worried about the overall economy, the future, how this will impact my DD's education, college, etc. Heck, with all that being said I may have to start painting, too! *UGH*

On a happy note, that is a good use for my un-used pantyhose!!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna

Leonana 04-24-20 11:22 AM

I've decided to not do all of the Jessica rotation. She had Fusion Sculpt on Tuesday, then Strictly Strength on Wednesday. Yesterday I was aching all over, my body can't handle two days of strength, even if one is fusion. So, I took a rest day yesterday. On the schedule today is an ab cardio, I think I will do the 20 minute Total Body cardio. So, I'm going to do my usual tweaking. With housework, yard work, painting, and just being 60 years old, I can no longer do it all! However, I do like the schedules. They remind me of workouts I haven't done in awhile.

Donna, I find myself really stressing out and having anxiety over the financial aspects. Also, I think the isolation is getting to me, and I'm champing at the bit for things to open up. But I have to remind myself that I can't let anxiety rule out common sense. I will say that if I'm experiencing this, then I guess others are too. I read that psychologists think that many people won't commit to social isolation long term, and will start breaking it, and it will start happening soon. I can see that in my state, people are already starting to relax. More people in the stores, less without masks, and more traffic due to more businesses opening. I think when state governments factor the economy and mental health into the decision making, it will shorten the isolation period. Of course, that is dangerous for those who are at risk. Hopefully, those in charge will balance it all out and make the right decision. I guess it will be state by state, some states will open up sooner than others.

donnamp 04-24-20 11:33 AM

Sherry -I hear you about the anxiety. My anxiety actually is worse about the thought of re-opening too soon....but this isn't easy for anyone! I think you are right about the psychological aspects and people "breaking" quarantine b/c they just can't take the isolation any more. I haven't been in the mood to follow a particular rotation lately either....I feel I should be doing some longer workouts since I, in theory, have more time, but I haven't really been in the mood!

Hang in there......

Donna

Leonana 04-24-20 07:16 PM

I did Cardio Flow from Total Body Balance. This was a bit harder than I remembered! It got my heart rate up, I need to remember this one for a good low impact that's challenging. I remember doing this years ago after Jillian Michaels, and wondering if something lighter was effective. Not as light as I remembered, lol. But it's good to know that you can do more moderate exercise and it's still effective.

In the mail today, I just received two new cloth masks from an Etsy seller called The Cotton Sak. They are really cute, she did a good job. I got two with ties instead of loops, because of my hearing aids. Of course, my daughter absconded with one, lol.

Thanks, Donna. I'm feeling better now. I think it's the lack of control. I am focusing on accepting whatever decisions are made, since I can't control them anyway. It's making me feel much more relaxed. I understand, I get anxiety every time I go out in public. But I'm looking forward to wearing my new mask, it's kind of cute! Good sun protection, ha ha! I hear you about longer workouts, doing two shorter ones work better for me. And I agree, $18 is a bit steep for a subscription, especially if you have more than one.

donnamp 04-25-20 08:10 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - South Dakota - she initially filmed at Mt Rushmore when it was raining, and had to cut it short - but then added on some extra footage from Crazy Horse. I have been to both places, so it was fun to see them in this workout. Step workouts really get my HR up more than walking workouts, but I can't do step as often as I used to back in the day....

Sarah Starr - Happy Yoga - Episode # 2 - Peaceful Woods - this was an all seated yoga practice, very nice scenery....not much chatter....just nature sounds.

I will take a walk today - it is sunny for now and maybe some more stretching later. DD and I walked yesterday afternoon. The dogs were happy to go - they missed their walk on Thursday.

I hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

Leonana 04-25-20 01:07 PM

I did Jessica's last walk and talk yesterday evening for some extra steps. It was the one introducing a January rotation, I guess it's now a year and a half old! It's my favorite for a short walk, not too hard, but a good variety of moves. Today on the schedule is knee strengthening exercises. I think I will do the you tube video, it's one of my favorites.

This morning, I did walk outdoors for one mile. It takes me about a half hour. Although, Jessica's one miles take 15 minutes, lol. It was nice to get outdoors. The canal path was really crowded this morning. I saw a mama duck and some babies swimming by in the canal, I enjoyed that. I had to get out by 7:00 am, as we are having hot weather now. Highs are now triple digits, which is earlier than normal, we should be just in the 90's. It's supposed to drop back down to the 90's in a week, thankfully. But next week has a projected high of 106. Yikes, that will break a record. I hope it's wrong!

wishiwasinhawaii 04-25-20 08:05 PM

The weather was nice here today and I attempted to go out for a walk, but there were far too many people out and they were not wearing masks or being careful, so I gave up and walked for a half hour inside my house! I agree people are just not following the rules anymore and are just doing whatever they want, which is not a great idea. The parks here are closed, but I saw some people walking in the park anyway (I live across the street and can see into the park from my upstairs window). :(

Sherry, Today was Jessica's knee strengthening workout on the schedule for me too! I don't think I'd ever done that one before and I enjoyed it. I can't believe how hot it is there! Thanks for the tip on the mask maker. I checked out her site and I may order one.

Donna, I haven't been good at following rotations since this whole mess began, but Jessica's new one has a lot of variety and I like it so far. My nephew found out he got into the local college after all, so he's happy. His older brother also goes there and with all the craziness going on, it's best to be closer to home anyway.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I plan to stay in and declutter.

donnamp 04-26-20 08:52 AM

Hi Everyone

Today, so far, I did:

Blessful Body - Open Hips/Open Heart - this is one of her longer workouts, just over 30 min. A fusion of Pilates, Yoga, mobility work.

I'm low on energy today - so this was a struggle! If the weather holds up I'll probably do a dog walk w/ DD....I may also get inspired to do something else, but you never know!

My neighborhood is sort of set aside/isolated, so the only people that are walking here are the residents - and many don't really go out for walks. We have a lot of senior citizens in our neighborhood.

Yesterday was the first day it really "hit" me so to speak about the isolation. So maybe that is why I'm bummed today. I also just saw where we added close to 1,200 cases from Friday-Saturday. So I don't think we're getting out of isolation any time soon. Our Governor, for now, is taking a conservative approach to re-opening. I honestly don't mind not going in to the office, I could easily have a 100% work from home job - but I would like to run out to get something I need from time to time....

Waves, everyone -

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 04-26-20 02:19 PM

Miserable weather today so I'm staying in. I walked around my house for a half hour, lol. Today is a rest day on the rotation, but I might do a short walking workout later. I've been spending too much time on the computer.

Donna, I agree about going to the office. I'm certainly happy to stay home! That's the only good thing to come out of this mess. Whenever the office opens up again, I'm telling my boss I'm staying home. I also have the type of job that can be 100% work from home so there is just no reason to go in. I would like to be able to go out and run errands and go places though, but I think that's a long way off.

Sherry, hope it's not too hot there!

donnamp 04-27-20 07:04 AM

Hi Everyone,

I really was low energy yesterday - but DD and I did walk the dogs in between the rain....

Today, still low energy - may be b/c it is Monday or, once again, overcast...but so far today was:

Jenny Ford - March Across America - Malibu
Blessful Body - Core Fundamentals

Both were good for my mood today - low energy, not much for thinking!

wishiwasinhawaii - yesterday was really gloomy....I'm sure that affected my energy! I forgot to mention about your nephew - it may be good to stay close to home until all of this subsides....whenever that will be, who knows? I think my DD is warming to the idea of staying closer to home for at least the first two years. There is a college here that is literally twenty minutes away - she could live on campus, but come home whenever she wanted and she could still lease her horse, etc. We shall see, I feel like everything about that is on "hold" due to this virus.

waves, Sherry!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 04-27-20 06:51 PM

Another dreary day here, so I stayed in and took a walk inside my house and did single sided strength from the calm and strong rotation. I don't think I'd ever done that workout before. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and then back to the rain for a few days, so hopefully I'll get out for a walk.

Donna, I agree about everything being on hold. Maybe by the time your DD has to make a college decision, things will be back to some sort of normalcy, but the one 20 minutes away sounds ideal. The college my nephew will be going to is only a half hour away and his older brother also goes there, so it just makes sense, especially with everything going on. I also work right down the street, lol. Although I don't plan to return to the office for many, many months.

Time to see what's on Netflix!

Leonana 04-27-20 10:20 PM

Sunday was a rest day. Today I painted the kitchen. We have a small kitchen, so it was a one day job. I still have to do the pantry doors tomorrow. I should paint the inside of the pantry, but I'm not that motivated. The shelves don't look the greatest, with my boxes and cans scratching them up. However, the same thing would happen if I painted, and I keep everything in baskets on the shelves anyway, so you can't see the shelves. It was hard enough moving everything off the kitchen counters!

wishiwasinhawaii, it was 100 today. Wednesday's forecast is 105. Then it is cooling down to the 90's on Saturday. However, high 90's, not too much difference. People here are definitely relaxing. More and more people in the stores, and few with masks. Although, all the employees are wearing masks. But my cloth mask mostly protects everyone else more than me, so it's not helping me if they aren't wearing one. I do really like the mask I got, she did a great job. I did get two free ones from a friend, but they are not as well done as the ones I bought. I'm glad your nephew got into his college.

Donna, my dd signed up for fall classes at our community college. It's about seven miles from our house. I don't know if they will have classes on campus this fall, but I guess she can take online classes.

donnamp 04-28-20 07:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

CocoLime Fitness - Standing Tone and Stretch - this is a workout that she put up on You Tube. It is from her pay service, but she is uploading a few of those to You Tube during the COVID-19 crisis and also *being cynical* it is probably good publicity for her streaming service! That being said, I enjoyed it - it had a bit of a barre feel to it - light weights, stretching included, nothing crazy.

I also did: CocoLime Fitness - Easy Stretch for More Energy

I need more energy - I have just had the blahs for a few days now.....

Yesterday DD and I walked in the evening....I also did a little burst during the day DoYou.com had a 14 day "quarantine" challenge and I gave Day # 1 a try - it was a bit of Pilates w/ some jumping type cardio. Meh...but it was good to move during the day. Today I may pop in Jessica Valent's quick weight workout to take a break from my desk.

Sherry good job w/ the house project! Our pantry is in the same condition!

wishiwasinhawaii - Hang in there. Since my DD is really unsure of what she wants to do - it may not be a bad idea to go locally for 2 years, and give herself time to figure it out.....it is really a weird time. I'm not anxious to go back to the office. The more I hear about this virus the more worried I get....

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 04-28-20 07:14 PM

We finally had some nice weather, so I went out this morning for a half hour walk and then did the total body stretch from Calm and Strong. I'm really liking this rotation. It's just the right mix of...calm and strong. :D

Donna, I've already told my boss I'm not going back to the office in the near future. She said she doesn't want to go back either, lol. It seems it's going to be a long time before the office opens anyway, so I'm not real concerned about it. The governor would have to relax the stay at home order and he has said he's not doing that for "several weeks" so we'll see.

Sherry, Wow, you're accomplishing so much! I have no clue how to paint a room, LOL. I've heard masks protect others, not the ones wearing them, but I tell myself any mask is better than nothing. Who knows. I didn't wear one today when I went walking and was careful to stay away from others, but there weren't a lot of people out anyway.

donnamp 04-29-20 07:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for my "spark" I did a quick weight workout from Jessica Valent Pilates along w/ a quick shoulder workout. It is nice to take this 15-20 min break from my desk. DD and I also walked the dogs in the dreary weather.

Today the weather looks nice- I think it is the last nice day for a bit - but I'll take what I can get.

This morning was --

Ellen - Core Cardio & Might Mat Pilates

I needed some Ellen "zen" today. The last few days I have felt really run down and blah....maybe following something like the Calm & Strong rotation would be good for me so I don't inadvertently wear myself out.....

Will walk later and maybe another "spark"

wishiwasinhawaii - it is good your boss is understanding about the situation. We shall see what happens w/ my place when the time comes to go back. I'd like to think that we would go back on a staggered schedule to keep the #s in the office down. Honestly, by the time it is all over, we'll likely be past our busy season and there will be even fewer reasons for going in. I don't think Maryland is going to open up right away...and I think school is done for the year - I hope there is some type of summer camp, my DD was going to work at the barn this summer as a counselor. I am feeling like it will not happen though - event though it is an outdoor camp and supposedly the virus does not like heat and humidity - 2 things Maryland has plenty of during the summer!

waves, Sherry! What is going on w/ you??

Donna

Leonana 04-29-20 12:41 PM

Yesterday I painted the window sill in the kitchen, I had missed it yesterday. And I decided to paint the pantry. I noticed that the shelves were really dirty, and if I'm going to take everything out and clean, I might as well paint. The shelves were marked up pretty bad too. Boy, it was a job! Mostly because it's an older style pantry, five shelves and the area near the floor, and it's pretty deep. So it was hard to reach in and do corners and edging. Then I had to paint both sides of the door, and the door jamb, plus the jamb on the inside of the door, plus they put a second jamb inside the pantry! Why you would need that is beyond me, but it's not easy to paint, especially right inside the door of a small area. But I finished it, and it looks really nice! Much brighter and fresher. I bought some shelf liners, and put those in this morning, and put all the food back. Today is a rest day, I'm beat!

Well, I have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and the hallway left. DD does not want her bedroom painted, says she doesn't want to move her stuff out, and she doesn't care. It really needs painting badly, but I guess I'll skip it until she moves out one day. I have to wait on her bathroom, as we need to remodel it. The tub seems to be leaking, and she desperately needs a new vanity. Fortunately, dh is handy and can do it, but he has to have time off from working.

I'm going to skip our bathroom, because it's in good shape, as I've retouched up the paint recently. So that just leaves the hallway and our master bedroom. I think I will take next week off, before I tackle the hallway. It's small, but that's four doors and four door jambs, plus the ceiling and baseboards. The actual walls are easy, since you can use a large paint roller. It's those small areas that kill you!

Although, I'm not sure anyone is going to notice the difference as much as me. Our previous color was an off white with a tan tint, which looked cream at night, more white in the daytime. I really wanted a brighter white, so I chose a lighter white, with a gray tint. It's much brighter and cleaner looking, but not radically different. In our Arizona room (former patio), which is our computer room, I did paint it a light gray with white trim. I love the color, but that is a very bright room on the south side. I tried a test swatch in the living room, and it was much too dark. That room is on the north side, and doesn't get as much light. Paint color really depends on the lighting in a room, I've learned. But I'm really happy with how it's all turned out. If only I could afford to replace my floor, lol.

I go to the stores about twice a week. I waffle between panic attacks about going, and depression about staying in. I have yet to figure out how to go longer without groceries, we are always running out of something. So far, none of us have become sick, and I would be exposed a lot from dh and dd, even if I stayed at home. Although, dd is probably safer, as Starbucks requires them to wear masks and it's drive through. But dh is packing and moving households. He does change clothes and shower when he comes home. Quite frankly, I'm surprised none of have had it yet. I suppose one of us will get it eventually. I have read that 86% of those hospitalized either have high blood pressure, obesity or diabetes, and the majority of those people have two of those issues. I'm hopeful we won't have a severe case. Our governor is supposed to announce his decision about our order expiring tomorrow. I think I will keep up this hand washing and antibacterial wipes after shopping. I'd like to prevent more colds and flu in the future. I'm running out of wipes, but I bought some baby wipes. I suppose they are better than nothing, and they do have some sort of soap in them.

Leonana 04-29-20 09:55 PM

Arizona Stay at-home order will be extended to May 15, with modifications.

May 1, elective surgeries.

May 4, retailers not classified as an essential business may operate through delivery service and other means that do not entail in-store sales.

On May 8, non-essential retailers can sell items to customers in-store, with six feet social distancing.

Gov. Ducey said during the news conference that in a best-case scenario, restaurants could reopen by May 12.

Tbh, I'm not sure what the May 15 date applies to, other than citizens being encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.

donnamp 04-30-20 07:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was: Ellen's Total Body Tone

Yesterday DD and I got our walk in and I did Blessful Body - HIIP (High Intensity Interval Pilates) as a break from my desk.

It is dreary today - hope it will clear up by this afternoon/evening so we can walk!

Wow, Sherry - I'm impressed with all you have done!! I wish that this didn't hit during my busy season as it would have been nice to take some days off to do some home projects. Who knows? I may still get the chance.....ugh.

re: re-opening, I think it is all a guess as to what will happen. I think some states are opening prematurely - hopefully the results will not be disastrous but this is all uncharted territory...some of the things that are re-opening are, in my mind, silly - as you can't social distance a hair cut or a tattoo - so why those businesses? And, neither service is essential...

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

Leonana 04-30-20 07:05 PM

Today I did a workout from the Calm and Strong Rotation, Single Sided Strength. This is just what I needed as my right hand and forearm is aching and sore from all the painting. I just did the leg work on the right side, then used the dumbbell on the left side. I'm trying to use my left hand a lot today!

Donna, social distancing would be difficult with a hair salon. Our governor said those would open sometime later in the month of May. I did read an article of some small businesses that said they would open anyway on May 4. One was a nail salon in a small town close to Phoenix. She said her small business would fail if she didn't open soon, and she has received no government aid. She feels she has to open. She also said she disinfects everything. It's a tough situation no matter how you look at it. Although, I question her wisdom of admitting in a press release that she is opening anyway! I would be afraid of a fine.

wishiwasinhawaii 04-30-20 08:33 PM

Today was Metabolic Conditioning (DVD version). I hadn't done that one in a long time. It was tough!

It's been raining on and off all day and we're supposed to get wind and more rain overnight. Great...

The governor announced he is reopening parks and golf courses starting Saturday. Not sure what to think about that, but I'm sure people will flock to both places since we have nice weather coming up.

I agree about nail salons, hair salons. There's no way to social distance so those should be the last places to open, not the first!

Let's just hope it all works out. Not sure what else to say about it...

donnamp 05-01-20 08:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday we had rain all day - so no walk outside. After work I did do Jenny Ford - March Across America Wyoming - which was only 20 minutes but all I had energy for after a long day!

Today, so far:

Jessica Valent -Stronger Ankle, Knee and Hip Workout
Blessful Body - Booty Blast Barre Fusion

It looks like it is clearing up - so, hopefully a chance to walk outside later!

Oh - I did get offered the job I interviewed for! I had a bout of self doubt about it - but I think I talked myself down and I think I'm going to accept. It is a lateral transfer - no extra $ - but a chance to learn some new things and, as I said, it is not where I am! I spent a bit of time in self-doubt land b/c some of the job includes things I have not done before - but I was honest about that in the interview and I just spoke to someone who is in that role now and he said essentially on-the job training will take care of any deficits.

Here is the funny part - I was telling my husband that it was my 2 year anniversary in this job and that I wasn't sure I could take it another year - when my phone rings and it is HR offering me the position. Talk about timing.

so...I think I'm going to accept.

wishiwasinhawaii - opening up parks seems to make more sense than hair salons - at least it is outdoors - and from what I understand the virus doesn't do great in sunlight. The close contact stuff should be delayed.

Sherry -good work! I'm not sure I would make my "breaking the rules" so public!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-01-20 10:18 AM

It's cloudy here today and we're supposed to get thunderstorms in a bit, so I'm staying in. I will be doing yard work all weekend, so I'm sure I'll get plenty of outdoor time then to make up for all the time I've been spending indoors!

Today is a stretch exercise on the Calm & Strong rotation, which I will do later today. I might also do a HASfit kickboxing workout if I'm feeling energetic.

Donna, Congrats on the job! Will you be able to start while you're working from home? I think it's great that you are able to move around within your organization so well. I wouldn't worry about the new things you've never done before. Just like most things in life, once you do it a few times, it'll be second nature.

Sherry, I hope you're less sore today!

donnamp 05-01-20 10:22 AM

Thanks, wishiwasinhawaii! I have to discuss the start time - transition and all that stuff - I'm going to call later and accept the position. It will be interesting to start remotely w/out having everything I need in front of me. But I guess we shall see what happens. I also would feel bad leaving a pile of unfinished work where I am - so I'd honestly be willing to wait until July 1st to start - but i"m not sure if the new boss would want that to happen. Maybe half time at each place?

Donna

Leonana 05-01-20 11:43 AM

I'm planning on cardio today, after some house cleaning. My right hand is still achey and a bit sore, but getting better. I use it too much for my phone and computer, so I'm trying to use my left hand more often.

I just read on FB that a church I used to attend will be meeting this Sunday. They are very small, less than a 100 people, but I was surprised to read it. I thought it wasn't allowed until after May 15. My current church is not meeting right now.

wishiwasinhawaii, my hand is feeling better, thanks! Golf courses were never closed in our state. Social distancing was supposed to be enforced, but I don't think it was very much. We have friends who went golfing together in a group of four, two couples.

Donna, congratulations on the job! I'm sure you will do great. I just found out that Dr. Dray's mother had endometrial cancer, and is on chemo right now. I feel bad for her and her mom right now. She and her mom had a wonderful, positive attitude about it. She also had a good video on crepey skin that I found helpful.

donnamp 05-02-20 07:40 AM

Hi Everyone

Today was:

Jenny Ford- Step Across America - Florida
Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Transitions

I haven't done yoga in a long time - it was nice to re-visit Adriene and her dog, Benji. Jenny's step was nice - nothing super unique about it other than the setting, but I like my step to be more basic these days.

Nice weather today so we will walk the dogs - also hope to sit outside a bit!

I do have to do some work for my job today and possibly tomorrow. Although I'm leaving, I don't want to leave a mess behind....

Sherry - I hadn't heard about Dr. Dray's mother - I hope she is ok. I don't watch many of Dr. Dray's videos any more - I may watch the crepey skin one, though. I can use some tips on that!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 05-02-20 11:10 PM

Yesterday was housework in the morning, then Jessica's 8 Minute LI Cardio and 8 Minute Stretch. Today was You Tube Stepping Strength. I did only one of the Calm and Strong workouts this week, Single Sided Strength. But I just couldn't talk myself into a Metabolic workout that was on the schedule. Although, the WS3 might have been okay following Debbie. But Stepping Strength was a good choice. My right hand is feeling better. I think my biggest problem is using my phone too much! I've been practicing using my left hand on my iphone.

Weather cooled off a little, only 97 today. I am not ready for an early summer. You'd think we have had enough to get through this year!

I've been really restless about the lockdown, wanting it over. I've heard it's called "quarantine fatigue." It made me feel better to know my feelings are normal!

donnamp 05-03-20 07:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Chris Freytag - Fat Burning Cardio Walk (20 min). I forgot that I had signed up for a 2 week body weight challenge from Chris' Get Healthy U TV site - each day they e-mail you a link to the workout. This was Day 3. Day 1 was a "coming down the ladder" workout that looked scary and Day 2 was kickboxing. I don't know how long the links will last - but I may do a few of the workouts here and there (not up for a formal rotation these days!). This was an enjoyable indoor walking workout - good energy!

Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Risk Takers - I decided to look at Adriene's play list for this month and do some of the practices. Her theme for May is meditation and she has a short meditation as well as a physical practice scheduled each day. I honestly am not good at meditation - I can't sit still that long. But, I may try some of her meditation practices here and there this month. Yoga for Risk Takers was enjoyable unitl we got to Crow which I presently can't do - I just did my own thing for a bit.

Will hopefully get out to walk today --- it looks like it might rain.

I feel like doing NOTHING today but I do need to force myself to get some things done..

Sherry - I wonder if Quarantine Fatigue explains my lack of energy? Although I have decided I'm the weirdest person b/c I am not particularly bothered by not going anywhere. Both DH and DD think I'm out of my mind.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-03-20 10:18 AM

The weather was beautiful here yesterday so I went out for a walk in the morning and then did yard work the rest of the day, so I did not do a formal workout. Today is a cardio core workout on the Calm & Strong schedule, but I'll do that later today. It's supposed to be in the low 80s today, but I think I might stay in because allergies are acting up.

Sherry, I don't blame you for not wanting to do Metabolic Conditioning. I did that one the other day and barely got through it! I'm sure Quarantine Fatigue is real, but I don't think it's going to end for a long time--at least not where I live.

Donna, I don't care about going anywhere either, but I do wish we could go to the stores like we used to. I hate the worry involved. So stressful.

Have a good day!

donnamp 05-04-20 07:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Natalie Spadaccino - Powerful Presence - Natalie is a guest instructor on Ellen's site this month. I enjoyed this one - it was tough - a lot of balance work!

Blessful Body - Zesty Flow

Back to it today.....will walk tonight!

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, I could do without the worry - and it would be nice to run out to pick up a container of milk w/out worry! We have still been doing grocery delivery through instacart or curbside pick up - which requires more planning and less "running out to get something". I also know that once restrictions are relaxed there is a good chance I, or someone in my family, will get this virus.... Hopefully work will operate on a staggered schedule where there is not a full staff present in the office for a long time. I'm still waiting on my official offer from HR...but I verbally accepted on Friday. it will be interesting starting remotely. I am willing to stay where I am until the end of the fiscal year to wrap things up and maybe by then we will start having some staggered staffing in the office.

Waves, Sherry!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-04-20 07:48 PM

Today was the Have a Ball workout which I hadn't done in years. I like this rotation because I've been rediscovering some workouts I had forgotten about. I tried to go for a walk but it was so windy that I didn't stay out long.

Donna, I did a large Instacart order last week so I should be set for at least a couple of weeks, but I'm thinking of doing my own shopping next time. Both my nephews are now working for Instacart, which I'm not happy about, but there are no jobs anywhere, so this is what they have to do. My SIL's brother's wife had COVID and has now recovered and went back to work, so at least that's some good news.

I don't think I'll be going back to work at all this year, unless there is a miracle cure. The CEO sent us a video saying whenever the office reopens, we'll do it in stages and most people will continue to work from home for "many months." I haven't been living like a hermit all this time only to be exposed to people in a stuffy office, so I'm staying home as long as I can.

Have you heard from HR?

Waves, Sherry!

Leonana 05-04-20 09:50 PM

Sunday was a rest day. Today was WS2 Have a Ball. My right hand is still bothering me, so I did it without the ball. I now know I can't paint two days in a row, and have to take a rest day in between. I also have to use my left hand a lot more on my IPhone.

I don't think we're going to have a lockdown after May 15, even with new cases. People are already getting out more, the stores are more crowded. I doubt that people in our state will continue to follow it any longer even if it's extended. I hope it doesn’t mean a spike in cases. And our governor just announced hair salons and barbers can open Friday, May 8, and restaurants on May 11. That was surprising.

Donna, I think my problem is that I don't work outside the home. I had certain activities planned each week so I could get out and connect with people. I'm an introvert, but I have to have connection, or I get depressed and anxious. But I’m hanging in there, some days are better than others.

wishiwasinhawaii, I enjoyed Have A Ball too. It's a great workout, just the right intensity.

donnamp 05-05-20 07:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today's workout was:

Jessica Valent - Rolling Workout - this was 45 minutes - but it didn't seem to drag as some other workouts can. I don't know what it is about Jessica's workouts, it is probably her physical therapy background, but I almost always feel better after I do them - more aligned or something.

I will see what I can add on today - if it doesn't rain a walk for sure.

Sherry -I understand, even though I'm stuck at home, I'm still busy and following my "work routine" M-F so it gives me some structure as well as contact with other people. I'm not sure how I would handle things if I didn't have that structure.

wishiwasinhawaii - I don't know what is in store for us when work re-opens, my hope is a staggered schedule so that the office is not packed to capacity each day. I agree what you said about living like a hermit and I apply it to the bigger picture of - if we are going to re-open prematurely, we shouldn't have shut down in the first place b/c everything that we feared that would happen if we didn't shut down will happen. And, I think it less about the death rate from the virus (which isn't that high, statistically) but the hospitals and healthcare system being overwhelmed - and if that happens, people who would have recovered are likely to die simply b/c they will not be able to get life saving treatment. :( It is very upsetting.

So, I officially accepted the job transfer and now I have to tell my boss. I just sent her a message - she appears off line right now. We also have our team meeting this morning - I can't decide if it is better to tell her before or after. I guess I'll see if she messages me back before the meeting or not.

Donna

Leonana 05-05-20 08:11 PM

I was really tried today, so decided to take a rest day. I hadn't slept well for a couple of days, but I did sleep well last night. But I'm still tired.

I did finally brave Costco. I hadn't been there in three months! It wasn't very crowded, which was nice. Costco now requires all customers to wear masks, so that made me feel a bit safer. It made a lot of people angry, saying their rights are being violated. They posted about it on Costco's FB page, threatening to boycott. I guess they did, because it wasn't as crowded as in the past. And I found paper towels! I was so excited, lol.

Donna, it's my hope that our hospitals can handle any surges and that they will soon have the PPE they need. I think the shut down was still a good thing, even if lifted prematurely. It has given the hospitals more time to prepare. Not enough time most likely, but at least some. But to be completely frank, I don't see how our economy can withstand more than one month of a shut down. Maybe if they would quit bailing out big business and send all the money to us, but I highly doubt that's ever going to happen. Now I'm getting political, lol.

donnamp 05-06-20 07:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Get Healthy U - Body Weight Workout - Challenge Day 5 - Barre Strong - Body Weight HIIT. This looked interesting so I gave it a go. It wasn't bad - I followed Chris for modifications - no jumping, modified burpees, etc. It was 30 minutes and good for a change of pace.

Blessful Body - Inner Core workout - I had done this one before, I really like Ky for when I want a gentler Pilates/Yoga inspired workout.

DD and I walked yesterday - hopefully we can today, it is raining, but maybe we can get out in between showers.

My boss was ok with it - I'm working on a transition plan - my new boss wants me to start the day after Memorial Day - with maybe June as a transition month where I'm doing a little bit of both - it will be interesting to "train" since there is very limited staff in the office. I guess most of my "training" is going to be remote. I'm not sure when we will be in the office full time again.

The good news is my new boss has a good reputation so I'm hoping to get the support that I lacked when I started my last job!

Sherry - Yes, I hope the hospitals and healthcare systems are ready - in case there is a surge in new cases. I'm hoping I can work mainly from home for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty ok with not going out - we have been doing instacart and curbside pick up for groceries, etc. School closures are supposed to end here on May 15th, but I don't think they are opening for the rest of the year. And, I don't know what next school year is going to hold, particularly if this makes a comeback in the fall/winter flu season. I hope at some point MVA can open so my DD can get her license. I don't know what summer is going to look like - my DD was going to be a counselor at the barn where she rides, but I'm wondering if they will have a summer camp this year.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 05-06-20 11:27 AM

I thought I posted yesterday but I guess I didn't hit 'submit'!

Yesterday was Tone and Flow and today will be Stepping Strength, which I will do later. Jessica posted a new challenge today called Core Week and said she'll be posting a Summer of Strength in June. It's so nice she does this. Give us something to look forward to and I like being able to use the DVDs I have. The weather is cold and it looks like it's going to rain, so I'm staying in.

Donna, I totally agree with what you said yesterday about opening everything up too soon. Where I live, the governor has said he has no plans to reopen non-essential businesses while the number of cases is still so high here, so it doesn't seem I'll be going back to the office in the near future, which is fine with me. It's going to be tough for offices to open because I know where I work, we all sit very close to each other, certainly less than 6 feet. We sit in cubicles so unless they reconfigure everything, which would be a huge expense, we're all better off staying home.

I'm sure you'll have to do both jobs for awhile. Where I work, there's a two week limit on that. Glad to hear you'll be getting a better boss! That really makes all the difference. My boss has been less of a micromanager since we started working from home. I think it's because she's busy with her kids, but it's been so nice!

Both of my nephews are working for Instacart now because that is the only job they could find since so many businesses are closed. My older nephew was supposed to do a summer internship in Virginia, but it was canceled due to COVID. The younger one was supposed to be a caddy at a golf course, but caddies are not allowed now. Schools here are not reopening and there has been no announcements about how they're going to handle graduation yet. I'm assuming it will be some type of online ceremony.

Sherry, Glad to hear you had a successful Costco trip! I don't understand why some people think wearing masks is some sort of violation of rights. It has to do with public health and safety, not control. Sigh...

Leonana 05-06-20 01:30 PM

I guess I'm a week behind on Calm and Strong, doing week three. Jessica's email said the new Core Control schedule starts Monday. But I've realized I need to rest my forearms, wrists and hands an additional week. So, I'm going to do some of the cardio from Calm and Strong, until next week. Today I'm going to do the cardio from the Fusion dvd.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad those people stayed home from Costco, I got my paper towels, lol.

Donna, I'm glad everything is going smoothly for your new job. That's great your new boss had a good reputation.

donnamp 05-06-20 01:45 PM

I keep thinking about doing Calm & Strong! But maybe I'll do core week since it is only one week, LOL!

I just haven't been in the mood for a formal plan lately.....

Donna

donnamp 05-07-20 07:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried another from the Get Healthy U TV Body Weight challenge - it was Mat Pilates 2 - it used a towel (I used a yoga strap) as a prop and was an athletic take on Pilates exercises. It was a nice one for a change of pace. This Body Weight Challenge is pretty good! I wonder how long the workout links will work for me? I may go back and try some of the other workouts in the challenge that I missed. The most "dread" full one being the Coming Down the Ladder workout.

Oh - I also did a quick 7 Min workout from Lucy Wyndham Read's You Tube channel to warm up - but as it turned out, I didn't really need to since the first half of Mat Pilates 2 is done standing!

Yesterday DD and I took a walk with the dogs in the evening. The weather looks nice so we will be doing that again today.

Our Governor is talking about relaxing restrictions and moving into Phase 1 of re-opening. I guess the numbers they are looking at are hospitalizations because our case count has been a steady rise since this all started - I see no flattening of the curve in that regard. Oh well - I guess there is not much we can do about it other than to take the precautions that we feel are appropriate for ourselves.

Oh - our schools have now officially closed for the rest of the year. I think they are trying to come up with a plan for next year - which I don't think will involve having all students in the buildings at once. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm lucky in that my DD will be a senior next year, and once MVA opens up she can get her license - but for parents with little ones, I don't know how it is going to work for them with having on/off school days - staggered schedules, etc. I hope workplaces will be accommodating to these parents to the extent they can - I know many jobs can't be teleworked, but I hope that employers will offer that option when they can. It would be tough to have little kids and deal with these schedule shifts.

When I eventually do go back to the office, I'm thinking about going back to Jessica Smith's rotations - maybe working through all my DVD sets. Or maybe following the ones she posts on her site. Her rotations are so varied, workouts are usually 30 minutes long (perfect for when busy with commuting and all the other fun that comes with going back to the office) and I end up getting a well rounded workout plan without having to think too hard about it. I may start with the 30 day walk plan and do it over 60 days with Pilates/Ellen inserted every other day. Then I may move on to Walk Strong 1, 2 and 3. Or maybe I'll do the rotations she has posted on her site.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

Leonana 05-07-20 03:48 PM

There wasn’t a cardio that I wanted to do in Calm and Strong, so I did the Latin Dance Walk from the WO 3 dvd set. It’s a good low impact workout with some different moves.

I found holding my shoulders back and down really helps with my hand. I think I strained my shoulder painting, more than anything else.

I’ve been listening to the NPR Planet Money podcast about the virus and the economy. It’s really interesting and informative. They are very good about presenting both sides without judgment. Basically, what I’m getting out of it is that the government has not helped enough, so people are forced to go back to work. The last episode was about Georgia opening up.

Donna, I love the rotations, but muscle strain always sidelined me. Although, this time was due to painting and not workouts! I just got some more Hado Labo sunscreen, it is my favorite. I’m thinking of trying some Inkey List products, specifically the Niacinimide.

donnamp 05-08-20 08:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday after work DD and I walked the dogs - so that was good. I have been putting in a lot of extra hours lately b/c it is our busy season and there are a lot of emergencies surrounding COVID that come up that need to be dealt with. I'm starting my new job on 6/8 (I think that is the Monday - our pay periods start on Sunday). And it will be interesting - b/c I don't think we will be back in the office yet so learning new things remotely will be interesting. The good news is my new boss has a great reputation of being a good person so fingers crossed. I keep having bouts of self-doubt since I will be doing new things that I haven't done before - but, I also need to remember that is why I applied for the job in the first place. Whew. Another job came up on the transfer list yesterday and it was one I would have applied for had this one not come up first - that one is more in line with my current experience, so it would have been a much easier transition with far less self doubt - but...I also would not be learning many new things. Calm and Centered....LOL!

Anyway -sorry to ramble.

This morning I did a bit of a mix:

Jessica Valent - Lunge workout - which was exactly what it says - about 7-8 minutes of various lunges. She said on her calendar to repeat it 2-3X, but I hate repeating...so....I did..

Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 min glute workout - I really like these little workouts - she usually does 7 moves in 7 minutes - all body weight - but really does seem to hit the spot.

Blessful Body - Barre workout - this was a "light" barre routine. Ky is very gentled but I think it ends up being sneakily effective.

Sherry - I did that Latin Dance workout a few months ago - I think I went through all of those from the first set of walking workouts Jessica did. Those were good ones. I keep thinking about getting back into Jessica's workouts but then I rebel against the structure. I think once I go back to work I will want more structure....I'm also trying to make use of my paid subscriptions - if I go back to Jessica I will probably let a few of them lapse! Skin care - I'm bored with my routine - LOL! But, I really want to use up what I have and I don't know what I want to try - nothing expensive and nothing with fragrance. Although I'm not allergic to fragrance, the smell of things on my face really bothers me......

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

I think it is going to be cold here tomorrow - like high of maybe 50. It also looks like it is getting dreary today. :(

Donna