Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 03-11-20 06:43 PM

Hi,

Pgun - I also started collecting in my 20's and i'm 52, as well! I will be 53 in November - weird to think of that!! This week has been VERY hard for me to get up and get motivated - I realized this morning - it was probably the time change that did me in. I have been forcing myself, but not happy about it.

Sherry - sorry about your ankle! You have really been doing a lot around the house. I will have to watch that You Tube channel, I think some of this media hype is pushing people over the edge. Especially since there is really not much you can do about it - short of quarantining yourself and your entire family.

wishiwasinhawaii - how are you?

If panic continues over the virus, I'm thinking by April we will be working from home and schools will be closed.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

donnamp 03-12-20 05:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

The time change is really affecting me - I just can't get myself up out of bed. So, today's morning workout was short:

CS 1202

I plan to do Gilad's 30th Anniversary Workout # 2 this evening - it is only 20 minutes so I can convince myself to do it after work.

Happy Friday Eve!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 03-12-20 07:41 AM

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around, but I've just been very busy since I went back to work on Monday. I've been getting home late and haven't had time to do any workouts, but I plan to get back at it today since I'm working from home.

Donna, I agree about everyone working from home and schools closing soon. My nephew's college is closed. They're on spring break next week and the college told them not to come back after and all classes will be online. My younger nephew was supposed to visit a college next week, but that has been cancelled since that college is also closed. There haven't been any announcements about closing where I work, but they are holding a seminar next week on how to work from home (for those that don't normally do that) and we all think once that happens, they will shut the office down. We'll see.

Sherry, I hope your ankle is ok. I need to do a lot of work in my house. I guess if we all get quarantined, I'll have plenty of time for that!

pgun3, I am 53 and got into home fitness about 10 years ago. I don't have a lot of DVDs (21) compared to most VFers, but I use most of the ones I have. I also do a lot of youtube workouts.

Stay well!

Leonana 03-12-20 11:19 PM

Pgun, I have a few dvd's I'll probably never do again, but can't part with!

No workout today. We came home this morning. I've been unpacking, cleaning, and went out this evening to try and pick up some staples. I was at Walmart this afternoon, and it was very crowded. This evening I went to Petsmart and Walgreens, they weren't as crowded, although I paid more. This run on groceries is starting to freak me out. I made sure to get extra cat food this evening.

Stay safe everyone. From what I'm reading, social containment is the best way to prevent the spread. Hopefully, this will pass soon, especially all of the hoarding. At least nowadays, so much can be done online.

donnamp 03-13-20 09:29 AM

Hi,

Things are crazy here - schools are closed starting Monday and will remain closed at least through March 27th. I think we will be teleworking during that time, too - although no official word was given about that yet.

Churches here are also closing - since one outbreak was traced back to a church.

Anyway - I'm not a terrible alarmist but I am going to attempt to limit my outings except for essentials. I guess better safe than sorry. From what I understand from reading about it - is that the concern is not so much the virus but the ability of the healthcare system to handle a mass outbreak. I did read that 80% of the cases are mild and will resolve without treatment/intervention.

Soo...that is where we are here!

On the workout front - I did Ellen's Super Fast Body Blast this morning - I needed some estrogen after Gilad's testosterone! LOL! I did do Gilad's 30th anniversary workout # 2 last night!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna

Leonana 03-13-20 11:34 AM

On the schedule today is You Tube's Stepping Strength. My foot is better, thankfully, I think it should be okay.

I got a job with the US Census! It doesn't start until May 6. I'm not sure if that's due to the outbreak, or if that's the original schedule. It's for eight weeks, but the pay is much higher than minimum wage. I'm looking forward to it. I hope things are calmer by then.

Donna, our local school district is closed until further notice. I agree about hospitals, from what I've read, we will see the first effects in Seattle. Thankfully, the CDC finally gave emergency approval for testing by a Swiss company that will give results in hours. I think most of us will be okay, but I have elderly relatives I'm worried about.

My biggest concern is finding groceries, I wish people would stop hoarding. Hopefully, that will taper off soon. I bought extra cat food last night. No toilet paper anywhere, except Trader Joe's, although I'll bet it's gone today. On the skincare front, I stocked up on facial cleanser. What a time to have used up my backups, lol. I'm also a bit worried about dh's contracting work for moving companies, if that will slow down. Although, interest rates have gone up, which means more home purchases, and thus more moves. Time will tell I guess. I'm grateful for my temp job.

wishiwasinhawaii 03-13-20 04:05 PM

Things are crazy here too. Schools are closed for two weeks in most areas. I went to pick up my nephew from college yesterday and it was a surreal scene with kids packing up and leaving in droves. My nephew is concerned that the local businesses who rely on college kids are going to be out of business by the time this whole thing is over. It's a very real concern.

I went to Target this morning and the lines were long and the police were there to keep order, so I didn't even bother going inside. A lady in the parking lot told me people were fighting over toilet paper at another store she went to. Crazy! I'm prepared and have enough food, but I was just looking for meat for a recipe I want to make, but I can certainly make something else.

Donna, I have decided that I'm going to stay home for the next two weeks and not go out anywhere, other than to possibly take a walk if the weather is nice. My job has still not made an announcement about closing, but I'm just going to tell my boss on Monday that I'm working from home and that's that. I guess I'll have plenty of time for exercise and decluttering. I heard the same thing about the strain on the healthcare system. Everyone just needs to stay home and maybe this thing will slow down.

Sherry, Congrats on the job! What will you be doing?

pgun3 03-13-20 06:24 PM

I did not work out again today...I wonder if it's the darn time change.

I am just going to live my life. The Covid 19 is just way too much hype and some are falling for it. I have yet to go to the store so I hope I don't starve to death since I have not hoarded anything LOL. It's probably a good thing I have a little cushion. I am still planning on going some where but probably not Costco this weekend I am hearing that they are having brawls going on in the store because people are freaking out.

Leonana 03-14-20 11:58 AM

Today is a cardio workout. I will do one of the step workouts on the spring schedule.

I guess I will have lots of time for workouts. My Tai Chi class is canceled, my city canceled all Parks & Rec classes. And my volunteer work for the hospice work is postponed for a couple of weeks. The hospice homes are shut down, so the aids can't visit. They will do the office filing to get their hours in. Maybe I will catch up on my reading and Netflix shows. My daughter starts work at Starbucks on Monday. They have a drive through, so I assume they would stay open. I'm kind of glad she isn't in college this year.

I did go to Target this morning. I got there 20 minutes before it opened. They had us form a line, and we were limited to one package of tp. We don't really need any, but I bought a 12 pack for dd's bathroom. I stocked up on groceries. Canned beans and dry beans were gone, along with pasta. However, I found a couple of cans of chile beans in the chile aisle. I guess no one thought to look there, lol.

I needed a toaster, because believe it or not, one of my cats peed on our toaster. I think he was mad I went out of town. I have no idea how he perched on top of it, it's too high for him to reach, and there's no ledge. We need a hidden camera, lol.

Pgun, please stay safe. Even if it's over hyped, better safe than sorry. I don't think stores will be closed though, Italy still has stores and pharmacies open. They just have rules in place and lines.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad you can work from home, that's definitely a plus. I will be going door to door, asking and/or helping people who haven't filled out their questionnaire. At least, that's what I think I'll be doing. I was finger printed yesterday at Office Max, and now I wait for my background check. Then I start training. On the plus side, I snagged a large bottle of Dawn dish soap. We are out and I forgot it on my Walmart run, and dish soap is hard to get too. I've never spent so much on groceries in my life, lol. Office Max has some supplies for offices, but no tp of course.

pgun3 03-14-20 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonana (Post 2863593)
Today is a cardio workout. I will do one of the step workouts on the spring schedule.

Pgun, please stay safe. Even if it's over hyped, better safe than sorry. I don't think stores will be closed though, Italy still has stores and pharmacies open. They just have rules in place and lines.

I will stay safe! You stay safe also. I do take precautions like more hand sanitizer, wash my hands more. But I still go out to eat way too much.
I do worry about my dad though as he hasn't had a very good year last year.

Leonana 03-14-20 08:30 PM

I did WS3 Cardio Step Jam this afternoon. I have a Fanny Lifter I found at Savers and I use the lower step. I was able to do it okay with a smaller step.

Pgun, I can relate. My brother is 72 and my sister is 82 with health problems. I worry about them too. And we eat fast food way too often! At least we can go through the drive through.

donnamp 03-15-20 08:57 AM

Hi Everyone,

We have been laying low - trying to avoid going out unnecessarily.

For work - I only have to go in to the office on Friday - we have split up and only 2 people need to go in each day of the week - the rest of the time we are going to be working from home. We shall see what happens by Friday - it may be that we are 100% at home by then - things seem to be escalating exponentially!

For workouts I did:

Saturday - Ellen - Fat Burning Fusion and Jessica Valent - Pilates for Back Pain

Sunday - Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 Min Arms & Abs; 20 Minute Walk & Tone and Jessica Valent - Hip Stretches

Lucy Wyndham Read is a new find for me - she is on You Tube and has a website where she sells ebooks and programs. The routines I did today were very straightforward - but seemed effective. There is no music - so you need to play your own and the production value is that she is shown on a split screen against a white background with one side showing lower intensity and the other side showing higher intensity. I would do more of her workouts for when I'm in the mood for something of that nature - they are also good for when you are short on time.

her website is here:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/

I hope everyone is doing well during this stressful time. I'm ok w/ curtailing my activities - it seems like a necessary thing to do to keep the healthcare system from being overwhelmed. I am worried about DD, however, as less activity means more time on the computer which means more depression and disordered thinking. It will be hard to keep her busy/active especially since I need to be working during the week - as if I were in the office. I never thought I'd say these words, but I wish I was stuck at home w/ a 6 year old instead of a 16 year old!

But, this too shall pass.

Have a good day!!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 03-15-20 11:02 AM

Laying low here as well. I went out a little while ago just to drive around and get out of the house a bit and the stores looked less crowded, so maybe people are over the hysterical stockpiling. Or maybe everyone is too afraid to go out in public. We have confirmed cases in my town now so I have no desire to leave the house.

I haven't done any workouts. I just haven't been in the mood, but I'm going to try to get back into it today.

Donna, I discovered Lucy's workouts on youtube a few months ago. I've only done a few of the walking ones, but enjoyed them and felt they were effective. Is your DD going to school remotely? If so, she should be busy during the day with that so maybe she will be ok. My nephew (the HS senior) is now saying he thinks he wants to go to community college because he's not ready to go away. So we'll see. I'm glad he realized he's not ready and is being honest about it. He's also upset that senior activities, the prom and graduation may be cancelled. What crazy times we live in.

Sherry, I worked for the census years ago. It was actually my first job! I did the same thing you'll be doing.

Stay well!

Leonana 03-15-20 05:18 PM

Today was WS2 Poise and Grace. I think this one was more challenging than the step workout from yesterday.

DH and I made a trip to Safeway about ten miles away. They had more food than the stores near us, although out of quite a few things. But they were out of plastic bags, and we had to use the cart to take the items to the car. We have Trader Joe bags in the car, we should have thought to bring them in. I haven't even attempted Trader Joe's or Costco recently, and I normally shop there all the time. The regular grocery stores aren't as crowded and seem to have more on the shelves.

My dd starts her Starbucks job tomorrow. I guess they are still open at the moment. They do have the drive through, so I suppose that part will always be open.

Donna, Lucy has been mentioned in the Jessica Smith Junkies FB group. She seemed to be really popular for awhile, although I haven't seen her mentioned recently. I did try one workout, but didn't click with it. But you know me, I rarely stray from Jessica, lol. Lucy does seem to have a lot of variety. Good luck with your dd. Does your family like games? Sometimes we can get our dd to play a game with us.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's cool you worked for the census! I've never done it, it will be a new experience for me.

donnamp 03-15-20 07:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

My DD did go to ride the horse she leases today - I figured the barn would be safe - not many people there, and it is outdoors. Plus, I think it is good for my DD to get out and about and away from the computer!

wishiwasinhawaii - I wish our schools were doing virtual school. I have no idea why they aren't. For my DD's AP Psych and AP US history classes the teacher just told them to read. Nothing at all for her other classes. it is very troubling that there is not some sort of plan in place - even if they told us to look for assignments, etc. coming next week. And, I think schools will be closed longer than 2 weeks. I think this will go at least until mid-April. Perhaps they will come up with a plan. Very disappointing considering all the kids receive chrome books and they have google classroom! And, the AP tests are in May!!

Oh - and get this - one of those bounce houses places is offering childcare! While, I do understand that there are parents who MUST work and cannot leave their children at home alone - this is just a bad idea. I can see many parents just dropping their kids off to these places, regardless of their need for childcare, and honestly, those places are probably more germy than school. If this is what is going to happen then school would have been better. Same for teens who will go out and spend their days at the movies or mall or wherever kids go - if they are going to go out and about, then school would have been better. YIKES!

Sherry -Good workouts! This week and next I should make an attempt to follow some sort of rotation - since I won't be going in to the office and since DD doesn't have school I can fit in some longer morning workouts...and some evening ones, too. LOL! I hope your daughter has a good first day!

Hope everyone has a good night!

Donna

donnamp 03-16-20 07:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B- Cardio for Menopause (she has a free e-book that has a 14 day schedule for women "of a certain age"). This was similar to Pahla's other cardio workouts, just a tad less intense. She also talks about how at this time in life, it is important to go moderate at least a few times a week rather than pushing hard all the time. Well, no one needed to tell me that twice, LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Supported Workout # 2 - this was one was up for today on Trifecta's March calendar. It used a yoga blanket as a prop. I was worried it would be too "fussy" but it actually worked well -

The upside to the COVID-19 situation is that I can sleep in and do longer workouts. Working from home has its advantages!

re: Lucy - I don't think she could ever replace Jessica - Jessica has a great personality and presence as well as music and a nice setting. But, Lucy is nice for a change pace. I may buy one of her books for my Kindle to read and I may try some more of her You Tube workouts - the only thing is - there are so many of them, I'm not sure how to pick which ones to do! I did end up a bit sore from yesterday's workout, though. So I'll see if I can find some I would like to do.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy.

Donna

Leonana 03-16-20 04:16 PM

Today was Power Walk - WU and the first two miles. Four miles is on the schedule, I hope to do one or two more, and the CD.

I’m a little worried about dh’s work, it just started getting busy in the moving business. I know moves are scheduled at the moment, but think people will soon cut back. But we are all healthy at the moment and not high risk, plus have money in savings. I guess I need to focus on the positives. Definitely strange times we are living in. I’m now wondering if my census job will start in May.

Dd started her job at Starbucks today. They stopped in store seating, but people could pick up mobile orders inside and they are running the drive through. The hamburger restaurant next door, The Habit, is doing the same thing.

Donna, I think Lucy sounds like a good change for you. I did watch a speech she gave, I think it was a TED Talk, about the death of her fiancé in the military, and how exercise helped her depression. It was very inspiring. That’s great your dd can still ride at the stables. Maybe she can do some Khan Academy? There is a lot of free internet education. We used quite a bit while homeschooling. I’m glad you get to work from home. That’s interesting Pahla said that, she’s probably right!

donnamp 03-16-20 06:23 PM

I agree, Sherry - these are strange times! All restaurants and bars here are now closed except for carry out. Our church has cancelled services until May 16th and I got an e-mail from my dentist that they are only treating emergencies for now. So, YIKES!

Donna

Leonana 03-16-20 09:10 PM

Our businesses are still open. The governor finally closed schools, after being pressured to do it. Although, a lot of school districts were closing on their own.

donnamp 03-17-20 08:16 AM

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well in your "confinement"!

Since I'm working from home today I decided to try one of Lucy Wyndham Read's suggestions for a morning, afternoon and evening workout. I normally can't do these things when I'm at work - but since i'm home, why not try.

She posts a weekly suggestion on her blog - the only trouble is for a variety junkie you would be doing the same workouts every day. So, I don't think I'm going to do this all week - but maybe a few days a week.

Here's her suggestion for this week:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/weekly-workout-suggestions/

So, this morning I did the walking workout - it was nice for a change of pace. I enjoyed the cherry blossoms! The downsides of course are no music and blah scenery - (with the exception of the blossoms!). But you could always play your own music and, in fact, mute her b/c you could watch on-screen. Anyway, I enjoyed this for a change of pace.

I think I will do the afternoon workout today after my conference call.

Oh - I also did Ky Autumn's (Blessful Body) - Spring Renewal - Day 1 - Foundations. I like Ky and this was a nice intro video to her style.

As much as I enjoy Trifecta from time to time, I don't really enjoy doing long Pilates workouts regularly - at least not right now...

OH -DD and I took a walk outside last night - I think we'll be doing that regularly since we are getting cabin fever. Restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. are all closed here - and that makes sense, if you take away the places people go they will stay home. It is a confusing time and difficult to know if we are doing the right thing or not!

We now have a confirmed case in our county - it is a woman in her 30's who is not hospitalized and recovering at home. I know I will have to venture out to the grocery store at some point, I just wonder how barren it is going to be. Now, that is self-imposed by the people who went in there and cleared the shelves! Hopefully stores will have time to re-stock.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy!!

Donna

Leonana 03-17-20 04:19 PM

Today is a rest day, I was really tired this morning. I haven't been sleeping well, but I did sleep well last night. I will probably do some stretching this evening.

I'm getting a little panicky, mostly because my normal routine is gone. I'm not getting out like I used to, obviously. Dh and dd are still working, they can't work from home.

However, the grocery store panic buying is what's making me the most anxious, the shelves are so bare. I've never seen it like this before. I needed an onion, and only organic, red onions were left in the produce section. All the lettuce was gone. No oatmeal, no canned tuna, no flour, no chicken and no eggs. Lots of other things were gone too. And forget about anything in the paper aisle, like tp, kleenex or paper towels. And this was Safeway, which is pricier, and has more groceries than Fry's (Kroger) and Walmart. I haven't even tried Costco or Trader Joe's. I've heard TJ's is wiped out.

Donna, we now have 21 confirmed cases in Arizona, I believe. I think the first one was in my city, at Arizona State University. It was a student who had been to Wuhan China.

donnamp 03-17-20 04:29 PM

Sherry - I agree about the groceries/supplies -what is unfortunate is that we di that to ourselves - well, the people who felt compelled to hoard did. Ugh. Hopefully that situation will calm down soon.

I'm worried about a lot of things - but trying to take it a day at a time and not get too stressed - which is easier said than done.

I am waiting for a "shelter in place" order - I'm sure it is coming.

I am also worried about how this is going to affect DD's school - the May SAT has already been cancelled...

Oh well - nothing really we can do about any of it except to keep going.

On a bright spot it is comforting to know that companies are looking into vaccines and anti-virals for this - so that will hopefully calm the situation down and improve outcomes for people who get it.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 03-17-20 06:14 PM

I haven't been to a grocery store since last Wednesday, but my brother went yesterday and said it was crowded and there was no fresh food at all, but they did have frozen food so he bought that. No paper products either. I bought two 12 packs of toilet paper weeks ago before things got crazy, but I don't think it's enough. I'm too afraid to go out to try to find it and that's probably pointless anyway, so I'm just going to wait and hope that the hysteria calms down a bit by the time I am close to running out.

Donna, I agree there will be a shelter in place order before too long. They've already stepped up the 8pm curfew around here to say that travel is prohibited, unless you are in the medical field. Yesterday travel was "strongly discouraged".

My nephew is worried the prom and graduation will be cancelled. My older nephew's college announced they will not be returning to on campus classes for the rest of the semester.

Sherry, I worry about the grocery stores too, but I think they will be able to keep up with the demand, as long as cities have restrictions. Around here, no more than 50 people can be in the store at one time and some have even/odd shopping days depending on your last name. Hopefully that will help. The only other time I've seen empty shelves was after Hurricane Sandy hit here in 2012.

I've gone back to working out. I'm just doing simple, non intense workouts for now. I just don't feel I can deal with any more than that right now. I did a Jessica walk from youtube yesterday and a HASfit beginner weight workout today. I'd like to go for a walk, but the weather has been cold and gloomy.

Hang in there!

Leonana 03-17-20 06:29 PM

What does a shelter in place order mean? Dh works for a moving company and dd works for Starbucks. Does that mean they can't work? That's a big worry for me, we can't go long without income.

I googled it, and it seems to be only certain cities. I don't know if Arizona would implement it, and it's not under the powers of the Federal government to do so nationally. I guess time will tell.

Oh well, I guess there is no use worrying. If it happens, we will try and enjoy our time together at home. Maybe we can break out some games we haven't played yet, and catch up on Netflix.

donnamp 03-17-20 06:57 PM

These are crazy times. I do not feel like braving a supermarket or anything like that right now - I think I will just wait it out until we need to go. Hopefully things will settle down and people will stop hoarding!!

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm with you - I thought that w/ having some more time on my hands by not having to drive in to work that I would up my workout game, but I'm too mentally exhausted to really think about that for now! So things that are short and straightforward appeal to me.

Hang in there everyone!

Donna

Leonana 03-17-20 08:26 PM

Thanks, Donna! I’m calmer now. We will be okay financially, at least for a couple of months. And our utility company sent out an email stating they would work with customers. I know everything will be fine. I just miss shopping at Trader Joe’s. I’m spoiled lol.

donnamp 03-18-20 08:39 AM

Hi Everyone,

Craziness continues! My DH is working from home now -

Anyway - on the workout front:

Bailey Brown - Pilates for Butt, Legs and Thighs
Ky Autumn/Blessful Body - Spring Renewal Challenge Day # 2 - Posture

I felt like a change of pace and some beach scenery today. Although BB calls her workout Pilates it is more like traditional high rep low weight work. It was pleasant enough to do.

Last night DD and I took another outdoor walk and I suspect we will do the same today!

Still feeling a bit stressed and frazzled.

I really do not want to go in the office on Friday - I want to limit my contacts with other people to the extent I can. I know I will have to go out to get groceries and prescriptions, but I really don't want to do much more than that.

Oh well - each day brings something new!

Donna

Leonana 03-18-20 11:26 AM

I'm going to sub today, as my foot is feeling sore again. I guess the sprain wasn't completely healed, and I might have aggravated it. I'm going to do the Back Friendly Strength workout. One of my favorites.

On a positive note, one of the effects of the epidemic in China has been less air pollution, because people weren't going anywhere. The level of air pollution went down significantly. Same with the canals in Venice, the water is much cleaner with less gondola traffic. Interesting, I thought.

Donna, my dd is still working at Starbucks. Monday was her first day ironically. My dh is really busy at the moment, although I'm sure the moving business will be slowing down soon. I'm starting to go stir crazy! I'm one of those social introverts. Socializing wears me out, but I have to have some every day, mostly just being around people and listening.

Leonana 03-18-20 03:36 PM

I did the workout, then watched a 15 minute You Tube video, while doing my own thing. I did some dumbbell moves and walking in place.

Some good news. Our bank, USAA, just sent an email. They will waive payments for all insurance and loans, if you need help, with no late fees. We have all of our insurance and home loan through them. Dh joked we should have bought a car, lol. Anyway, that's a load off of my mind. USAA services the military, veterans, and their family members. My Dh is a veteran.

donnamp 03-18-20 03:50 PM

That is good news, Sherry!

DD and I are off for our walk.....it is our only time out, LOL!

Donna

donnamp 03-19-20 07:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today I went back to Lucy - I'm enjoying these for a change of pace and also b/c they are quick, efficient and fairly mindless. I'm just feeling very distracted with all that is going on in the world as well as being out of my routine, etc.

So...today was:

Lucy - Cardio Workout - Full Body Workout in 10 minutes
Lucy - 7 Day Challenge 7 Min workout to boost your metabolism
Blessful Body - Spring Renewal Challenge Day 3 - Core

Lucy's workouts are circuits with body weight exercises. It remind me, in a way, of Slim in 6/Slim Series. You do a basic exercise for a set amount of time - her intervals vary. On the first workout it was 20 sec marching in place or jogging in place alternated with 30 sec of an exercise, in the second video it was 7 moves done for 7 minutes. These are cardio/tone type moves. I really was surprised that 17 minutes got me sweating. So....definitely good for those days/times when you don't want to spend a lot of time exercising and want something fairly simple to do. These would also be great travel workouts as they don't take up a lot of space and require no equipment.

Ky/Blessful Body's workout was a nice one - she is a really pleasant instructor and mixes some yoga type moves in to her Pilates.

I'm tempted by Emma's (ePilates) special, but I have two Pilates subscriptions right now so I hesitate to add another. Jessica Valent, I'm going to let end in April when my 3 months runs out. I had subscribed to Trifecta for a year and although I like Beth and the workouts, I really don't enjoy doing them regularly. At least not right now. It may change....I wouldn't mind signing up for Blessful Body again, but how many Pilates subscriptions do I need, LOL!

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day. I am scheduled to go in to the office tomorrow for my one day in this week. I do have to make a drugstore run for my DH and my DD is anxious to get out of the house. We have been walking every evening, so that has been good.

Hope everyone has a good and healthy and safe day!!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 03-19-20 08:22 AM

I went out for a walk yesterday, but a lot of other people had the same idea. It was difficult to keep a social distance, so I gave up and went home. I'll have to find somewhere else to walk that isn't so crowded! Since everyone is home these days, the sidewalks are a lot busier than I'm used to. It's raining here now but is supposed to clear up later.

One surprising silver lining in all of this madness is I've somehow lost 5 pounds! I guess it's because I'm eating less since I'm trying to conserve the food I have so I won't be forced to have to shop somewhere. LOL. I found some toilet paper on Amazon this morning so I ordered it. We'll see if it actually arrives.

Donna, I'm still doing light Jessica and HASfit workouts and that seems to work for me, but I'm going to do a Lucy workout today to mix things up a bit. I'm surprised your office is still open, even for one day. Mine closed on Wednesday and we are all working from home, but I've actually been home since last Thursday. I had to go out a couple of days ago to meet with a co-worker, but we kept our social distance. I have not been to any stores since last Wednesday when I went to Walmart.

Sherry, That's good news about USAA. I've heard they're a good company. I'm not a veteran, but I have a friends who are.

Stay well!

donnamp 03-19-20 08:47 AM

wishiwasinhawaii - I truly don't know why we are still open. I work for the health department of a local gov't. I can see that the gov't needs to remain open - but in my mind, only essential personal who provide front/line direct services should be in the office - so yea, the fire dept, the police dept, the healthcare workers/clinics but I do admin/support stuff (contracts/purchasing) that could be done remotely. If I hear of any employee w/ the virus I'm not going in....

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 03-19-20 10:57 AM

Donna, If you have a job you can do from home, I don't see the logic in making you go in, especially when you work from home on a regular basis anyway. Is everyone going in tomorrow or do people go in on different days?

I had lunch and walked around inside my house. Now I'll do a Lucy workout and then get back to my work day. I really want to walk outside but it's only 48 degrees and damp. Yuck. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s! :eek:

Leonana 03-19-20 01:24 PM

I'm going to do yoga today, something with a bit of cardio. My foot, with the mild sprain, was bothering me last night, so I don't want to do walking. I took some ibuprofen, and that has helped a lot, probably relieved the inflammation. I'm guessing the step workout aggravated it. I always do too much too soon, lol.

In other news, I bought a bidet that attaches to the toilet seat, from Amazon. It seems to be sold out now, no surprise. Anyway, I am loving it! I've always wanted one, and decided now was the time.

wishiwasinhawaii, USAA is great! They replaced our whole shingle roof, right after we switched to their home insurance. I was honest, and said the storm damage was before I signed up with them, but they authorized it anyway. Our previous insurance said the storm damage wasn't enough to replace roof. We wouldn't have been able to afford it at the time, so that was a real benefit for us. We also have our car insurance with them, life insurance, and recently refinanced our home loan with them. We are planning on buying a car soon, but put that on hold with all of the uncertainity going on right now.

Donna, it sounds like a good schedule for you. Can you ever have too many pilates subscriptions, lol. I'm going to try a new sunscreen. Dr Dray was raving about the sheer zinc sunscreen, both the Walgreens brand and the CVS brand. My local Walgreens didn't have it, but I want to try it. I'm going to be out of my Hado Labo soon, so wondering if it would work better.

wishiwasinhawaii 03-19-20 06:05 PM

Today was a quiet day compared to the past few. I might do another workout later tonight just because I'm bored!

I was watching a documentary on Netflix called Pandemic. I highly recommend it. I haven't watched all the episodes yet, but it's very educational.

Sherry, I've been thinking about getting a bidet, even before the coronavirus. A friend of mine has one and was telling me they are affordable now and I've used them when I've been to Europe and Japan (the ones in Japan are amazing). Was it difficult to install? I wish I could join USAA!

Leonana 03-19-20 10:59 PM

I did the Gentle Yoga Stretch dvd, Flexibility and Relaxation. I don't think I've done this one, and it really stretched me out nicely. It was also on the easy side. I was so relaxed afterwards.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm really loving the bidet! I've never used one before. I feel so clean, lol. This is the one I got. It might be out of stock, but they have others on Amazon. It was $39.99, but $12.99 shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It attaches to your toilet. Dh set it up for me, but I think it was pretty easy. It has a dial for different water pressure levels. You have to be careful, the highest one is pretty strong.

I feel fortunate to have USAA. I opened an account for dd, so she will always have access to them.

donnamp 03-20-20 06:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

Quick check in b/c ironically, even though i work for the health department and am not a healthcare worker, I have to go in to the office today. Our team has 2 people in the office every day - and today is my day - we're each only going in once a week. From what I understand there aren't many people there so hopefully it is safe to go there....we shall see.

So - this morning I did:

Jane Adams - Yoga for Beginners - Hip Openers, Twists and Forward Bends.

I really enjoyed the practice! Last night DD and I went for our nightly walk.

The schools have said if this goes past the two weeks they had initially planned for that they would start distance learning on week 3. I have a feeling that will happen!

Donna

Leonana 03-20-20 01:59 PM

Today was Total Body Timesaver from the Metabolism dvd. I plan on doing another short strength workout this evening.

I found some chicken today! Yay! Thank goodness Trader Joe's is limiting people to two of each item. I've been there three days in a row, all at different times, trying to find things I'm out of. We are now fully stocked, and I can stay home! Hard to self quarantine when you have to go out so often just to purchase basics.

Tomorrow I'm going to prep a wall in the dining room that needs to be repainted, along with the baseboards. I'm planning on painting on Saturday. That should be a good distraction, and a good workout.

Donna, I'm sure that would be a relief for you, if they go to distance learning. I'm sure that would keep your dd busy. I think it's amazing how the internet has impacted our social isolation. I really want to try the new Walgreens Sheer Zinc sunscreen that Dr Dray recommended. I might place an online order.

I hope everyone has a good day, at least as good as possible right now.

donnamp 03-21-20 08:32 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - Marching with Cardio Bursts
Jane Adams - Gentle Yoga - Core and Flexibility section (part of it - anyway - DH had gone to the store this morning and I had to quit early to help him put away the groceries)

I'm half expecting Maryland to join in with the shelter in place orders. I hope it doesn't hit until Tuesday, the closing on my Mom's condo is Monday. I hope that can go through as planned!

Sherry - I'm glad you were able to get some things you needed. I picked up my mom's prescriptions yesterday as well as some basics for her - I'm going to bring her everything tomorrow just in case we go into shelter in place. I have a grocery order delivery scheduled for her - but they can't get there until March 30th.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Donna