Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 06-09-20 07:47 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jessica - Barefoot Fusion Sculpt from WS 1.0
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge Day 1 and Day 2. I wanted to try Day 1 again just to see what I thought about it. I do like Kassandra so far - pretty straightforward yoga classes- and they are short and make nice add on's/warm-ups.

Yesterday I did a mile of Leslie - Mile # 3 from the Walk 15 4 Mile DVD. I am just trying to make sure I get enough movement in my day.

I think since I'm on a Jessica kick at the moment that I will use Jessica's Walk & Talk series for this purpose. And, of course, walk outside when I can - we had some nice days w/ low humidity and some days w/ high humidity so outdoor walks are hit or miss and probably will be for the rest of the summer. Plus my DD is now bored with going and I am just not motivated to go alone. I should go w/ my dogs, but my one dog is pretty lame these days and my other dog, my Golden, doesn't really like to walk -she would rather someone throw a ball repeatedly for her to fetch. My Lab likes to walk, but she limps a lot these days.

Sherry - glad your tooth is feeling better. I agree humidity makes a big difference in how heat feels - here it could be in the 70's and be dreadfully humid and it feels terrible.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii.

Waves, everyone -

Donna

Leonana 06-09-20 11:53 PM

Day 2 of SOS, I did the Strength and Flexibility workout from the Yoga Fusion Fix dvd. I feel very nicely stretched, and I think it got my heart rate up a bit. Yesterday's workout, WS3 Total Body, gave me some DOMS in my glutes.

Donna, that's a good idea to add in some Jessica Walk and Talks. I need to do that, since there isn't a lot of cardio on this rotation (I think). Good job at completing two days of Calm and Strong! In skincare news, I'm back to using the Eucerin SPF 30 moisturizer. Everything else is so much more expensive! I do like it, I just wish it had more SPF strength.

wishiwasinhawaii 06-10-20 05:56 AM

Today was 30-Minute Cardio Interval Sculpt. I have a lot of meetings today so I got up very early and got this done because I know it's going to be hot later and I won't want to!

Sherry, You're right, there is not a lot of cardio-only workouts in SOS, although the one I did today was a mix of strength and cardio. The rotation alternates between strength and flexibility, so I've been getting 10,000 steps in each day either by walking (mostly indoors because it's been hot) or doing a walking workout at some point in the day. I also do some cardio on the rest days.

Donna, It is tougher to get walking in when it's hot and humid. I've been taking breaks throughout the day and walking around the house. My job has a walking challenge going on right now so that has been motivating me to walk more. If we get a certain number of points, we get a discount on next year's health insurance costs.

I have to prep for my first meeting...have a good day!

donnamp 06-10-20 07:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

Since the humidity and heat have settled in here I did Jessica's Sunset Barefoot walk on You Tube last night. It is an oldie - but a nice one. It is a gentle "walking" style workout. I'm mainly adding these on for extra steps/activity since working from home tends to reduce my step count and now it is getting harder to get out and walk the dogs.

Today was: Jessica's Get Strong - Strictly Strength - I admit, I had some dread going into this one - it wasn't bad though once I got going. I did not go heavy - I was using 3's, 5's and 8's - but I felt that was pretty good since I haven't done a whole lot of strength training recently.

I also added on Kassandra's 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge - Day 3

I will try to get another walk or something in later today for more steps.

I'm still doing quite a bit of work for my old job - wrapping things up for end of fiscal year but I have been invited to meetings, etc. for my new job and so far so good. There is a whole different mindset there which I appreciate - one of my supervisors even told me not to worry - that it would probably take me 3 years to get it all down - what a change from my last place where you were expected to be perfect from day one. I really appreciate that outlook. And, they are not loading me up with stuff b/c they know I'm still wrapping up my old job. Fingers crossed, as I said to a friend, I really could go for a nice stable job w/ a good attitude to round out my last years of working before retirement.

Sherry - I'm using the Eucerin SPF 30, too. I find that when I'm using Differin all of the chemical sunscreens sting and the Aveeno SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen, that works fine for me when not using Differin, stings when I am using Differin! Isn't that weird? Anyway I like the Eucerin - my only complaint is it is a little on the shiny side, but it does dry down eventually. It really may be my favorite since it isn't heavy and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I had some Cerave Face Sunscreen SPF50 lying around and that one makes you look like a mime when you put it on - but I use it when I'm outdoors or in the sun a lot and I mix a tinted sunscreen over it to cut down on the ghost effect. That one also doesn't sting. And, another I like is the Olay Sensitive SPF 30. It is definitely hard to find the right combo of texture, non-irritating ingredients, and SPF!

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm doing the same with walking! I think today may be a walk & talk at lunch and maybe another walk & talk before dinner. Otherwise, I just end up sitting all day long.....good luck w/ your meetings!

Donna

Leonana 06-10-20 04:43 PM

Today was 20 Minute Awesome Arms and Abs. I decided to do the shorter workout, the other choice was WS Upper Body. However, it moved pretty fast, so I don't think it was any easier! I had to slow it down a couple of times. I think I will add in a walk and talk this evening.

I'm going out of town for a few days to visit family. DH and dd are staying here. I like that this rotation has yoga workouts, that will be easier to do away from home, since I'm not taking any weights with me. The strength workout Friday is lower body. I think I will sub something that doesn't use weights. Hopefully, I will workout! I always have good intentions when I go out of town.

wishiwasinhawaii, a lot of the workouts do get my heart rate up. But I've noticed I don't have much motivation to walk outdoors, now that I don't have a dog. Even when the weather is nice. I need to add in some short walking workouts.

Donna, I'm glad the new job is going well. I'm so happy for you, that must be a relief. I tried the Trader Joe's Zinc Sunscreen. It doesn't have a strong white cast, but boy is it greasy. But I can use it on my arms and legs. I'll have to check the Oil of Olay, but it's hard to beat the price of the Eucerin.

Waves to Pgun and Pam!

wishiwasinhawaii 06-11-20 06:58 AM

Today is a rest day on the SOS schedule, but I'll do a walking workout...or maybe two. I also have to go grocery shopping and stop at Target to buy hair color. I haven't been to Target since March. Even though the hair salons are opening here soon, I don't feel comfortable going yet and have to do something with my hair so I don't look scary for my nephew's HS graduation. They've decided to have it outdoors, but I don't know how that's going to work or if I'll even go since it may be restricted to parents only. I'm hoping they'll have a streaming option.

Donna, Thanks for mentioning Jessica's Sunset Barefoot walk. I did that one last night and it was just what I was looking for! I'm pretty sure I had never done that one before. What a blast from the past! Definite no-frills production with Jessica in what looks like a small apartment on a tile floor, lol. Strictly Strength is my favorite Jessica workout, so I don't normally dread it unless I'm not in the mood for a strength workout that day. Glad to hear your new job is going well. It seems like this was a good move for you. I'm not sure what is happening with my job. My boss's boss has to make a business decision about something that will in turn determine my future so I'm just waiting for that to happen. My job has been on thin ice for the entire almost 15 years I've been there, so this is nothing new, and I am prepared if it ends--although I hope it doesn't. I think it would be tough to find a new job at this age.

Sherry, Enjoy your time away! I always think the shorter workouts will be easier, but that's not always the case, lol.

Have a good day!

donnamp 06-11-20 08:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

Today was a stretch day for Calm & Strong - Gentle Yoga - Flexibility & Relaxation. I also did a quick 15 min walk from her 15 min walk DVD.. I can't remember the name of it! but it has 4 15 min walks. I hope to add at least one more, maybe two more, 15 min walks on today- maybe one at lunch and then one after work.

Last night I did Jessica's Walk & Talk about stress relief, before taking my DD out to practice her parking - she is getting good - I hope she passes her test!

wishiwasinhawaii - good luck about your job - I complain about working, but I'm happy to have a job. And, I now have hope that with my new job, things will be better. I sure hope we can continue to telework more. Once I made it through Strictly Strength I really liked it - I may try to do the rotation that is on the back of that DVD at some point. I think it is Strictly Strength 2X per week, Stepping Strength 1X and walking workouts.

Sherry - have a good time away!

Waves,

Donna

donnamp 06-12-20 07:42 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Cardio Flow & Core Stretch from Jessica's Total Body Balance DVD. I hadn't done this workout in a long time! But it was a good one to re-visit.

Yesterday I did end up doing 3 of the 15 min fat blasters from Jessica's 15 Min DVD (I can't remember the name!) I did one at lunch and then one after work and then DD actually wanted to walk so we did another walk after dinner. So, at least I got my steps in!

Today I may try to get the 4th 15 min workout in from Jessica's DVD at lunch time...we shall see.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

donnamp 06-13-20 09:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Miles 1-3 of Jessica's 5 Fat Burning Miles
Strong Knees & Hips from 5 Fat Burning Miles

I think I will do the foot/ankle workout tomorrow...or later today.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-13-20 10:37 AM

I got up early and went for a half hour walk yesterday and today. It was nice because there was no one else around and the weather was perfect! I also mowed the lawn and did other yard work so that was my workout yesterday.

I'm going to start week 4 of SOS today. I was considering switching to the Walk Strong Master rotation instead of SOS because SOS doesn't feel all that challenging, but I think I'll finish up SOS since I only have this week and next to go and then decide what to do next.

Donna, The rotation on the back of the Get Strong DVD is great! Very simple and very effective. I might even do that one instead of the Master rotation, but I've been wanting to use my DVDs more and I haven't done the Walk Strong rotations in years and it might be fun to revisit. Oh, my boss told me it looks like my job is safe after all. Whew!

Sherry, Hope you're having fun with your family!

wishiwasinhawaii 06-14-20 10:13 AM

I started SOS week 4 today instead of yesterday. It was two 15 minute workouts from WS3 that I'm pretty sure I had never done before, or hadn't done in so long that I don't remember them. Both were great! There was also an ab workout on the schedule but I skipped that one because the two I did already had quite a bit of ab work. I also went for another early 30 minute walk this morning. I'm going to get as many early walks in as possible before the weather goes back to being hot and humid on Friday.

Waves!

Leonana 06-14-20 08:41 PM

I got back Saturday evening from my trip. I really enjoyed it, it's so pretty in the mountains, and it's about 20 degrees cooler than here. My brother and sil, and my sister, retired there. They do get snow in the winter, but it's not very much and doesn't stick around long. Of course, it gets busy in their town on weekends, with all the people from Phoenix coming up for the cooler weather.

I didn't do the schedule, like I planned. I never do, lol. But I did go for a three mile walk with my sil and her friend on Friday morning. They live in a hilly area, so it was a pretty good workout. I also helped my sil move bricks around her front yard. But no exercise on Thursday and Saturday, or today. I meant to work out today, but I guess I just needed a vacation!

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad to hear your job is safe. That must be a relief.

Donna, great job on the workouts!

donnamp 06-15-20 08:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

I forgot to post yesterday, but it was mainly a lazy day. I did:

Body Groove - Gentle Groovy Pilates - I actually enjoyed this one - it isn't a traditional Pilates workout - but more Pilates inspired and very laid back although there was some good floorwork in there. The DVD has 5 chapters - ranging from 7 - 15 minutes so it is easy to do this one in parts.

Other than that, I was very lazy yesterday.

Today, was back to Strong & Calm. I talked myself into doing:

Cardio Abs - Cardio Abs workout - which was kickboxing - it was fast paced w/ some high impact, but I modified and went slower and skipped the impact. So, it was actually do-able, even though I have been scared of this workout for some time. After doing it, however, I realized I did the WRONG workout on the rotation - I was actually supposed to do Total Body Abs Transformer which is a "metabolic" workout. Oh well. At least I did something. I *may*, if I have time, do the Single Sided Strength workout that is listed for today on You Tube at lunch time. But we'll see if I feel the need to do that. I have a busy day w/ meetings today but should be able to get away for 20 minutes

Caribbean Workout - Pilates - Focus on Abs - decided to throw this in as an add on.

My DD is going to be a counselor at the horse camp this summer. They are doing a modified camp - fewer kids, masks, social distancing, health checks, etc. On the one hand I'm nervous about her doing it but on the other hand, I think a summer spent alone in her bedroom w/ video games/internet time is ultimately worse than the risk of COVID. Fortunately, Maryland seems to be on a downslide of cases, so I hope that sticks. I'm afraid that as we continue to open things up people start to get over confident and then become careless about taking precautions. I think that is what is happening in the states where they are seeing upticks in cases. I guess it is human nature, but still. I'm not eager to spend a lot of time inside a crowded place....

wishiwasinhawaii - that is good news about your job, as much as I like to complain about working, I'm thankful to have a job! Good job w/ SOS. I like that rotation template, but I would need to add more cardio since I don't get any in real life - sitting most of the day - especially during the week. The weather is nice - yesterday was chilly! I was a total couch potato, though.

welcome back, Sherry! I think we just need days off from time to time. It sounds like you had a good time!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-15-20 08:58 AM

This morning I went for a bike ride to a local park that has a wooded area. It was nice to be out in nature for a bit. I wanted to stay longer but had to get back home to start work, but the weather was perfect. I also saw my nephew who was jogging, so that was a nice surprise. After that, I did the SOS workout for today which was yoga from youtube. I did the youtube version because it was shorter and I didn't have time for the longer DVD workout.

Donna, I agree SOS doesn't have enough cardio. As I was saying recently, some of the workouts are a fusion so you get some cardio, but I'm looking to get steps in for the challenge at work, so I've been adding in walks throughout the day. The pedometer does not pick up steps when bike riding, so I'm behind today and will have to go out during lunch for a walk, but the weather is great so I don't mind!

Glad to hear your DD will be working as a counselor. I agree it's better for kids that age to be out doing something. As long as everyone is wearing a mask, she'll be fine. My nephew has been working at a convenience store for about a month and hasn't had any issues. We are starting to see an increase in cases here too but people can't stay indoors forever either. I'm concerned though that they're going to drop the mask requirement and if that happens, then I will go back to staying in.

Sherry, Glad to hear you had a good time! The 3 mile walk sounds amazing. I bet you had some very pretty views! I really need to get out with nature soon. The area I want to go to has not opened the public bathrooms yet so I can't go until that happens because it's over an hour away, lol.

Leonana 06-15-20 08:53 PM

Today was SOS Stepping Strength, I did the 45 minute dvd workout. I used five pounds for the entire workout. This does have some cardio in it, so that was good. I think I might add in a short walk on the yoga days.

I went to a new dentist today for a checkup. I have to get another crown, but I'm not surprised, I could tell the filling had broken off in that tooth. I'm just glad that they caught it before it becomes painful. So I go in a week from Wednesday to get that taken care of. And my other tooth, the one with the too high crown done in December, is still pain free. There is no sign of infection. Yay! Crossing my fingers it stays that way. I also need a couple of filings. My experience with my teeth this past year has taught me to get the work done right away, before it becomes even more expensive. My dh is getting a lot of work this year, and it's such a relief to be financially able to get things like this taken care of. You know, it's not fancy things that make you feel rich, it's dental work, lol.

My sister in law and brother winter in our hometown of Yuma, which is on the border, so I'm going to visit them this fall, and see about an implant for the tooth I lost a year ago. She told me it's only $1400 for an implant in Mexico, and they go there all the time for their dental work. That's where my money will go, that I get working for the census this summer, lol.

Our state's virus numbers are going up, but they are doing more testing, so it would go up. Fortunately, our hospitals are handling it okay. You'd think this would make more people wear masks, but it hasn't happened yet. It's still about 50/50 every time I go in the store. My dentist made everyone wear a mask in the waiting room.

Donna, I'm glad your dd can be a counselor. I'm sure it will be beneficial for her.

wishiwasinhawaii, yes, the area is very pretty! It's in a wooded area, and sometimes you can see deer on a walk. So different from the desert. My sister's house has wonderful views, her house is on a hill.

donnamp 06-16-20 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica - 1 Mile from the 5 Mile DVD - I think it was the boogie down mile. I can't really keep all the titles straight, LOL!

Jessica - Dynamic Stretch

While I'm enjoying this rotation, I admit to wistfully looking at Ellen B and Jessica Valent from time to time. I guess I just need variety, but I do also want to finish this rotation, I like the workouts and I think a sense of accomplishment would follow completion of the rotation!

Sherry - good job on Stepping Strength, that is a tough one. And, I hear you re: the dentist, whenever I have slacked off on going or taking care of something for whatever reason, it just brings about more financial and physical pain.

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm also on a quest for more steps! I am going to attempt to add another walk on today during lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-16-20 12:12 PM

I had an early meeting today, so I went for a short walk outside. I have the afternoon off for a doctor's appointment so I will do today's workout later tonight.

I don't know if you both follow the Jessica Smith Junkies page on FB, but someone posted that she had an email conversation with Jessica about her next DVD series and she said COVID put her a bit behind schedule, but she plans to start shooting in the early fall.

Will post an update later...

donnamp 06-17-20 07:36 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

The Dreaded Metabolic Conditioning from Walk Strong 3 - I have to report, it wasn't as bad as I feared - I did not use the step, mainly b/c i didn't feel like dragging it out and I kept my weights at 5 lbs through the whole thing. This is definitely a workout that you can make harder if you go w/ heavier weights and a step or more moderate by using lighter weights/no step. I'm glad I conquered my fear of this one!

I added on w/ Jill Miller Yoga Tune Up At Home - Level 1, Month 1, Program A. This program is really good for me, but I get bored with it. It is one of those things I should incorporate in a few times a week, though. I have to be in the mood to do it - and lately I haven't been in the mood for yoga w/ a lot of spiritual talk - so Jill does fit the bill in there as her approach is definitely more physical/physical therapy.

I did tack on an extra indoor mile yesterday and also a short walk outside.

wishiwasinhawaii - thanks for the update on Jessica!

Donna

Leonana 06-17-20 12:47 PM

Yesterday was some walking and then the 15 Minute yoga Stretch from Yoga Fusion Fix in the evening. The SOS had a 30 minute yoga, but I was tired. Today I'm planning on following the schedule and doing the 47 Minute Fusion Strength workout from Feel Good Fusion.

Donna, I have discovered the same thing with WS3, modifying definitely changes my impression of the workouts. When I did it initially, I followed Jessica, so my memory of it was of difficult workouts. However, doing it recently has changed my views of it.

wishiwasinhawaii, I did see the post in the FB Group. I'm actually one of the moderators, although I'm not as active as Vikki. She is so good at encouragement. I mostly just monitor the posts, answer questions, and add new members. By the time I do all that, my introvert energy is depleted. I have to admit, I'm not confident enough to email Jessica, so I'm glad Janessa does it, lol. I am excited about new workouts. I'm not surprised that the virus has delayed things, I kind of suspected that.

wishiwasinhawaii 06-17-20 07:57 PM

Today was Yoga for Back Pain Prevention, but I don't have the DVD and the youtube option was too long, so I found another yoga back workout on Jessica's Gentle Yoga DVD that was only 20 minutes long, so I did that. I actually had never used the DVD before and I really enjoyed it (and I hate yoga!). That's why I like these rotations Jessica comes up with because I always discover a workout I didn't know about.

I also went for a walk in the park this morning before I started working. I found some trails I want to explore more, hopefully tomorrow. I also went for a few shorter walks throughout the day. The weather has been great so I've been trying to take advantage. Starting Friday, it's going to get hot and humid so I won't be going out much once that starts up again. Boo!

I went to a doctor's appointment yesterday and it was weird. That was the first one I've been to since the pandemic started and there was a nurse standing guard at the door. She whipped out a thermometer and took my temperature before she'd let me go in and asked me a bunch of questions about if I'd had any COVID symptoms. I told her no and she let me in. The appointment itself went fast because there were no other patients there! It was very eerie. Everyone was wearing a mask. The doctor and some nurses were wearing two masks. I was only there about 10 minutes total.

Donna, Congrats on getting through Metabolic Conditioning! I'll have to try lighter weights next time because I used 8 lbs the last time I did it. I did Total Focus yesterday and that was very similar to MetCon. I could barely move this morning.

Sherry, I forgot you are a moderator on that FB group! Vikki is very active and Janessa is like a liaison between Jessica and the group, LOL. Your trip to visit your sister sounds like paradise. It's interesting you can go over the border to get dental work done. It's great you have that option!

donnamp 06-18-20 07:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Caribbean Workout -Low Impact - just something to get moving before today's stretch workout and I didn't feel like doing a walking workout this morning.

Jessica - Yoga Stretch for Beginners & Beyond - Relaxing Flow

Last night I did Jenny Ford's March Across America - Illinois for steps since it was raining outside.

wishiwasinhawaii - nice work w/ your outdoor exercise! My DD has been to the dentist and my DH is going today - they have a whole protocol for going in - including waiting in your car until they are ready for you - taking your temperature, etc. I go in August, so I guess we will see where we are then. I did go for a hair cut yesterday - I wouldn't have - but my DD was desperate - so we went last night. we were the only clients there and everyone was wearing a mask. So..hopefully...none of us will get sick. I don't plan on going again for awhile as I'm growing my hair out anyway.

Sherry - nice workouts! I'm almost considering doing a WS 3.0 rotation in the future - now that I have done some of the workouts and realize they can be modified so as to not kill me. LOL!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-18-20 07:48 AM

I went for an outdoor walk this morning. It was cloudy and humid so I didn't do the walk on the trails because I was afraid it was going to rain, so I just stayed closer to home and walked around the neighborhood for about 20 minutes. Then I did 30-Minute Barre Sculpt on the SOS schedule for today which is from WS3. There are actually two workouts on the schedule for today so I might do the other one later or maybe tomorrow. That's actually a rest day and it's supposed to rain tomorrow so I won't be walking outside anyway.

Donna, That's good to know about the dentist. My niece goes to the same dentist and she has an appointment next week, so I'll see what she says about it. I really need to get my hair colored, but I don't want to spend 2 hours at the salon right now so I'm just letting it grow out. I can't color it myself because I can't see well enough without my glasses to do it.

My nephew's HS graduation is going to be next week and it will be virtual. So I'll be watching online. The school is also doing an in-person graduation ceremony just for the kids in July. No one else is allowed to attend.

Waves, Sherry!

Leonana 06-18-20 05:01 PM

Today was You Tube 20 Minute Core Stretch. I'm not sure if I've done that one, I liked it, mostly standing ab moves and stretches. There were a couple of floor ab moves I had to skip, but I was able to do most of it. I also did some house cleaning. This way of alternating more intense workouts with yoga is working well for me.

Our governor issued an executive order allowing local governments to mandate masks. My city issued a mandate pretty quickly, along with a few others. It won't be state wide however, but will be interesting to see which cities do it, and which do not. I've noticed very few people in my city were wearing masks lately, so I guess this will change things. I ordered six more masks from Thompson Tee, I really like their masks.

Donna, I need a haircut, but haven't made an appointment. I guess going to the dentist is about all I can handle! I read that two Great Clips employees had COVID, but didn't pass it on, and none of the customers got it. That was encouraging to hear.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's nice that you can still walk outdoors.

Leonana 06-19-20 05:59 PM

Today was SOS 52 minute Ballet Burn workout. I think my arms are fried, lol. I did sub one floor ab move, and didn't do all the overhead moves, but I did 98% of the workout, I think.

I have an eight week job with the census, and still haven't been assigned. They think it won't start until August. Not surprising I guess.

Waves to everyone.

wishiwasinhawaii 06-20-20 08:09 AM

Forgot to post yesterday...I went out for a 30 minute walk in the early morning to beat the heat and then did Mile 1 from Jessica's 4 Mile Power Walk DVD. Yesterday and today are rest days on the SOS schedule, so I walked around inside my house this morning because the humidity is off the charts and I'm staying in today. I will do 2 miles from the Power Walk DVD later.

Sherry, That Ballet Burn workout was brutal. Good for you for getting through it! I don't think I finished that one, LOL.

Donna, Hope all is well.

Have a good day!

donnamp 06-20-20 09:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

I didn't check in yesterday - I meant to but the day got away from me. My DD passed her driver's test and I had people come to pick up my mom's furniture, etc. so it was one of those days.

So...yesterday was:

Jessica - Barefoot Cardio Core - this one was very sneaky - I didn't expect it to be challenging, but it was!

Jessica Valent - Barre Challenge Workout

And, today, so far:

Jenny Ford - Step Across America - Niagara Falls
Jessica Smith - Yoga for Back Pain Prevention

I have to get some work done for my job, clean, etc. So busy day ahead!

Donna

Leonana 06-20-20 10:50 PM

Nothing today. But I did some cleaning around the house.

I hope to do some sort of walk or stretch tomorrow.

Donna, congratulations to your daughter! That's great you are able to declutter your mom's furniture.

wishiwasinhawaii, Barre Burn wasn't too bad. Although, I did modify some of the overhead moves, my arms were getting tired, lol. I also skipped one of the floor ab moves.

donnamp 06-22-20 07:16 AM

Hi Everyone,

I failed to check in yesterday!

I decided to try some yoga from the Blissasana channel that Sherry 7899 posted. So, yesterday was:

Blissasana - Sunrise Yoga (morning)
Blissasana - Yoga Dance (afternoon)

I enjoyed both - they felt different to me than the same old, same old yoga routines I have been doing. They do offer music - mainly hip hop, which is not really my thing, but sort of works.

I'm going to do some more from her channel and maybe give her paid site a go - it isn't overly expensive, so I'll see how I feel after I do more of her practices. But these energized me nicely.

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Have a Ball from WS 2.0
Jill Miller - Yoga Tune Up at Home, Level 1, Month 1, Program A*

*this one just works well as a stretch after cardio even though it is boring.

I felt challenged by Jessica's workout today, but it was still an enjoyable routine.

I may squeeze a little yoga or some movement in at lunch.

I have a massive to-do list of both personal and work stuff. UGH. Well, will write it down and go through it little by little...

Donna

Leonana 06-22-20 10:02 PM

Yesterday I did the warmup and first mile on the Power Walk dvd. I wasn't too motivated, but at least I did 20 minutes. Today's workout was WS3 Metabolic Strength. I didn't use the step and used 5 and 8 pounds. It was challenging but not overwhelming.

Donna, good luck with your to do list! On the skincare front, I've been happy with Curology, but I'm getting antsy again, lol. I ordered some Retin A from India again. It is cheaper than Curology. I just can't stick with one thing! I also ordered some niacinimide serum from Good Molecules. I want to compare it to The Ordinary Niacinimide serum.

donnamp 06-23-20 07:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica's Tone & Flow from WS 3.0. I enjoyed this one as well - a sneaky workout!

I also did Element - Target Toning Pilates for Beginners - Full Body segment.

Yesterday was a busy day and I didn't get a chance to get any additional movement in, unfortunately. Hopefully today will be better, but I'm not holding out much hope. I have several meetings (again) and will probably be stuck at my desk all day.

Sherry - I have not been too motivated lately either. I just feel "oppressed" for lack of a better word, a lot to do, and feeling blah about everything lately - the world situation, the virus, personal stuff, blah, blah, blah. I am a bit bored w/ my skincare, too, just not sure what to try next, LOL! I have been using Differin again, I had a tube of it lying around, I'm not all that happy w/ the results this time - I think it is drying my skin out too much while not really clearing my acne either.... ????? I may go back to Cerave and the retinol they have, that one seems to work well for me.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-23-20 07:31 AM

Day 29 on the SOS schedule has two tough workouts, which seems strange, so I did the lower body on Sunday and upper body yesterday. I really wasn't in a workout mood yesterday and felt wilted due to the heat and humidity, so I used 5 lbs just so I could get through it. Better than nothing. I also skipped a lot of the floor ab work.

Today I did the 25 minute stretch. I've had to abandon my morning walks outside because it's too hot, so I just walk indoors instead.

donnamp 06-23-20 07:45 AM

wishiwasinhawaii - we're having the same weather here, yuck! Summer of Strength may be my next rotation...I can't decide what I want to do after Calm & Strong.....

I was thinking about a 3 week Gilad rotation, but the workouts are on the longer side - close to an hour...and I'm not sure I have that much attention span, but I would like to do it while still working from home....since it is a bit easier to get those long workouts in now.

I don't think we are going back until after Labor Day - assuming everything stays the same w/ the virus. MD's case count is down and the positivity rate is around 5%, which I understand to be good. But, I think the first round of employees to go back are those that can't do their jobs remotely. I'm hoping that when we do go back it is with more work at home! I'd be thrilled to work from home 2-3 days per week.

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 06-23-20 11:30 AM

Donna, I'm in the final week of SOS and I'm trying to decide what to do next. I might do Calm & Strong again! I don't have the patience or attention span for any workout over 40 minutes or so, so Gilad wouldn't work for me, LOL. Plus, when it's this hot, I don't have the energy either.

My nephew's virtual graduation is tonight. They are actually having an in-person ceremony for the kids in July, so I'm not exactly sure what tonight's event will be, but no one is permitted to attend the July event due to COVID. The senior class by itself has more than 400 kids, so I guess having parents there would be too many people, even though it's outdoors.

My job hasn't said anything about going back to the office, but there is an "All Hands" meeting in mid-July where I assume an announcement will be made. My boss told me there will be a survey sent around and those who want to return to the office will go back first, but I don't know when that will be. I'm guessing after Labor Day. I feel the same way you do...I hope it will be more days working from home than what I had before, but I'm really hoping I don't have to go back at all the rest of this year. The experts say there will be a spike in cases in the fall so I'd rather stay home as long as possible. I just don't see any reason to sit in a stuffy office with a mask on all day when I can do my job just as well from home.

Leonana 06-23-20 05:17 PM

I did the Power Up Walk from the 15 minutes Walk On dvd. I'm going to do another one this evening.

Well, the President is visiting our state, so we're in the news more than before. Not as if we weren't already with our higher numbers. Yesterday was the highest amount of cases, and our hospitals are 85% full. The President is having a rally at a church with 3,000 seating. I don't think the Phoenix mayor is too happy about that. Can't say I blame her.

Donna, I think breaking up my workouts help a bit. I've been in a real slump too. Oppressed is a good word. I feel a deep sadness if I sit around too much, I think it's depression from being cut off from people. I feel much better if I keep busy. I did go to the grocery store today, so that helped to get out. DH is off early today, that helps too. I think working for the Census will help, but it sounds like that won't happen until August.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you get to work from home much longer. That's nice your nephew can have a virtual graduation and an in person one later. I hope it goes well for him.

donnamp 06-24-20 08:08 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Smith - Tred and Shred from the 21 Day Program. I hadn't done this one in a long time - I used 5's for the workout and that was enough especially since you hold them the entire time.

I also added on Jessica Valent -All in One Pilates workout

Last night my DD drove herself to the barn alone for the first time! EEK! It isn't far away, but I was still nervous. On the bright side, it freed me up to get some extra steps - Jenny Ford - March Across America Idaho. I have one more left to do, Arizona!

Sherry - yes, I know exactly what you mean....I keep telling myself it will get better, and I'm sure it will. Just have to ride it out.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 06-24-20 09:43 PM

Yesterday evening I did another walk from the 15 minute dvd, Dance Walk. That was a fun one, easy enough to follow. Although, there were a lot of overhead arm moves, which made today's workout a bit harder. I chose the You Tube workout, 20 Minute Cardio Sculpting. The only problem is that I like to use 5 pounds overhead, and 8 pounds for leg and bicep work. But sometimes Jessica' combines them in one set and I don't have time to switch. I had to sub a couple of on the floor ab moves for standing abs. Other than that, it was a good workout.

I had my dental appointment today, and it went well. They did a great job, and my new crown doesn't hurt at all. It helps that I had it replaced before it started bothering me. However, the cleaning aggravated the older crown. Fortunately, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I'm sure of these days it will heal up completely, but it's a slow process. But I'm happy to find a dentist's office that I like.

Donna, I remember those anxious driving days! Now that my dd is 19, I never think about it. It does free up your time.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii!

donnamp 06-25-20 07:45 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked the dogs briefly in the evening. She has to log 5 hours of driving w/ this app sent by my insurance company - it supposedly gets us a new driver discount. So I also went for a ride w/ her..she got a 90% - so I guess that means she is a safe driver, LOL!

She is going to drive herself to the barn again tonight by herself. So....I'll have to do my deep breathing exercises, LOL!

This morning was:

Jessica Valent - Pilates HIIT - I decided to try this and it wasn't awful. It was an 8 -9 min workout that she suggests repeating 3X. I did it 2X, so that shows you it wasn't awful. I really like Jessica V.

Jessica Smith - Yoga Fusion Fix - Yoga for Strength & Flexiblity

Sherry - I like that Dance walk - those are good workouts. I've pulled a few out lately. Glad you found a good dentist. I think I'm supposed to go at the end of August. Hopefully we won't be in the second or third wave at that time....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna

Leonana 06-25-20 10:53 PM

Today was 18 Minute Dynamic Stretch and I added in the 1 Mile Walk from WS3.

Donna, that's great your dd got a 99%. Sounds like she is a safe driver.

donnamp 06-26-20 10:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica's Core Control from WS 2.0
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Legs.

My DD drove to the barn again last night so I had time to get my steps in - Jenny Ford - March Across America - Arizona (Monument Valley).

Good work, Sherry! I decided to go back to Cerave and see if the acne cleanser and retinol do me any good, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - how was your nephew's graduation? I wonder what next year is going to look like. what are his college plans?

waves,

Donna

Leonana 06-26-20 05:32 PM

Today was You Tube, 30 Minute Travel Friendly Cardio and Strength. I chose it because it was low impact, and it used the band. I do enjoy band workouts. Jessica also used a towel for sliding. I used the Gold's Gym sliders I bought from Walmart, but I can't keep my feet on them while on carpet. I wonder if paper plates would work better. I'll have to try it. I like sliding, it really gets my heart rate up, which I miss, not being able to do high impact.

Donna, I decided to switch back too, ha ha. I ordered Retin A from India again. I like some things about Curology, but I noticed my fine lines are getting worse. I think the tretinoin strength is too low. Also, I have three bottles of it currently. They send me one every month, but I don't use it up in a month. I know they want their $24.95 per month, but I don't like having two extra bottles. I think I'll cancel soon. I don't know when I'll get the tretinoin from India, because of COVID, it will take longer. I also ordered some Good Molecules Niacinimide. I'm supposed to get that on June 30.