Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 01-18-20 10:07 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jessica Smith - 4 Mile Power Walk - Miles 3 & 4 - this is really an enjoyable workout. I like breaking it into parts though b/c it is hard to find the time to do a full hour at once - and, I also have exercise ADD and if I am going to workout for an hour, i prefer to mix it up.

Essentrics Challenge Day #6 - Full Body Stretching - I *think* this may be Episode # 1 from Season 13. Not sure - the set up was like the TV series though.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 01-18-20 11:28 AM

Today was Jessica's Strictly Strength from the Get Strong DVD. I decided to get back on a rotation, so I'm doing the one on the back of that DVD. We're supposed to have nasty weather starting in a few hours so I'm staying in today and cleaning and decluttering. I also never got around to taking my Christmas tree down, so I need to do that!

Donna, I only did the whole 4 miles of the Power Walk DVD at one time once. I just don't have time to do an hour workout anymore, unfortunately. It comes up tomorrow on the rotation and I will probably do 2 miles.

I haven't heard anything from that job I interviewed for yet about scheduling the next interview. Since Monday is a holiday, I don't expect to hear until Tuesday at the earliest. I'm not thrilled about business travel, but I'll see what the hiring manager says. I also applied for an internal job yesterday. That would be ideal since I could keep my vacation days, etc. that I've accrued over the years, but I've never had any luck with internal jobs, so we'll see.

Waves, Sherry and Pam!

Leonana 01-19-20 08:04 PM

Well, the cold is still hanging on. So annoying! But I am feeling better, just not over it yet. It's been two weeks so far. It seems as soon as I get out and do stuff, it comes back again. You'd think sitting around doing nothing would be easy when you don't work out of the home, but it isn't. It's driving me crazy not being able to get things done around the house, and not being able to socialize. Not to mention working out, which alleviates my stress. I've decided I'm doing a short workout tomorrow, cold be darned, lol.

The weather really warmed up, it was 76 today. Really nice weather, I'm enjoying it. It's supposed to get cooler next week, however.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm glad the interview went well. I hope either job works out for you.

Donna, I really like Power Walk, but I've only done one or two at a time.

donnamp 01-20-20 08:13 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I went MIA - just got busy!

Sunday was:

Essentrics Challenge Day # 7 - Full Body Stretching
later in the day i did:

Margaret Richard Uplugged 1900 Episode 1 - I don't know how i "forgot" about Margaret - she may be my solution to doing some weight training without aches and pains!

Monday, so far:

Leslie Walk 15 - 2 Mile walk These walks are a lot of fun - good energy and nice to see different people leading. This one had a walk by Leslie and one by Rocky.

Essentrics Challenge Day 8 - Posture and Spine

We are off to visit one of our local collages today w/ DD. I am not sure if she would want to go there - but it is good to check it out - it is close by and may be a good option for the first year or two until she figures things out.

I hope to be back later to catch up with everyone!

Donna

Leonana 01-20-20 06:13 PM

Today was Jessica's Back Friendly strength workout on you tube. I used three pounds. I'm going to do shorter workouts this week. Still have the cold, but I'm going crazy not being able to workout, it really helps me with stress and I sleep better. I don't think it's made me worse, so that's a plus.

Donna, I hope the visit to the college went well. Margaret sounds like a good choice for your strength workouts.

wishiwasinhawaii 01-20-20 06:23 PM

I forgot to post yesterday, so I did the first 3 miles of the Power Walk DVD. I really wanted to do all 4 but was gassed after 3! I'm happy I did 3 though. I didn't have today off so I haven't done a workout yet, but Stepping Strength is on the schedule so I will do that later--probably the youtube version.

Sherry, I made up a rotation of 15 minute or less Jessica youtube workouts after I was sick in December and did that for a few weeks. It worked really well and I didn't lose any strength since I am doing Jessica's more difficult workouts using 8 lbs now. I was really surprised because I thought doing shorter workouts with lighter weights would be a bad thing. Guess not!

Donna, I hope the college visit went well. My nephew is a senior and has been waiting to hear from colleges. It's all very stressful and then he has to try to decide which one to attend. :confused: He is only waiting for one more and then he'll start to visit them. Is your DD doing better with the issues she was having and is going to stay at her high school?

donnamp 01-21-20 09:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

Back to work today....

This morning I did Jessica Valent's Cardio Pilates. It was good - not much cardio per se but there wan't a whole lot of set up between exercises, so no down time! I plan to get a walk in at work today even though it is chilly and I plan to get my Essentrics Day # 9 in this evening.

wishiwasinhawaii - I do think consistency really is the key - not necessarily doing long workouts. I sometimes feel like I need to increase the intensity of my workouts, though.

Sherry - I know what you mean - for me exercise is my stress relief, too.

The college visit went well - it is only 20 minutes away - which may be why my DD is NOT interested - but I think it is a good bridge - she could live on campus but still be close enough to home to come home whenever she wanted to - she could even continue to lease her horse. But, we shall see. Fingers crossed - she does seem to be doing better. She started seeing a therapist on and off - mostly b/c it is hard to stick to a schedule with school, activities, my work, etc. but I think it is helping her gain some perspective on things so her moods do seem better and her sense of humor is returning. I hope it keeps up. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna

Leonana 01-21-20 07:11 PM

Rest day today. Still battling the cold. Ugh. I feel better today after resting. Then I'll do too much tomorrow, and it will come back, lol. But I'm going to rest tomorrow too. It's been two weeks, but I've heard people have it from 3-6 weeks.

One reason I wanted the stress relief from working out is that I have a well woman visit in two weeks, and a renewal of my bp medication. I still have the severe white coat syndrome, so wanted to take my bp at home, and working out regularly keeps it down. I started getting really stressed over the whole thing, but I've since been successful at calming myself down. It is what it is, and it will all work out.

wishiwasinhawaii, thanks for the tips on shorter workouts. I will try it as soon as this cold is gone. I'm going to have to face the fact that I just can't do workouts right now, it makes the cold worse.

Donna, I'm glad the college tour went well, and that your daughter is doing better. You never know, when the time comes, she could very well want to stay closer to home. My daughter has talked about moving out twice now, but she's still here.

wishiwasinhawaii 01-22-20 12:03 AM

Today was miles 3 & 4 of the Power Walk DVD.

Donna, Glad to hear your DD is doing better. My older nephew is a junior in college now. When he was a freshman, he went to a college in Virginia and hated it and transferred after the first semester to a college a half hour away from here. He just wasn't mature enough to go far, even though when he was in high school he said there was NO WAY he'd go to the college nearby because it was too close. So you never know. He has an apartment now with some friends close to the campus, but he lived on campus last year.

Sherry, I actually feel like I'm getting a sore throat again, which is what I had last month. It's very annoying how it goes away, returns, goes away, etc.!! I'll see how I feel tomorrow but if I still have it, I'm not going to do a workout.

donnamp 01-22-20 07:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get my walk in at work - it was windy and cold, but I'm glad I did it anyway. I also did Essentrics Challenge Day # 9 Posture and Spine.

This morning I did Essentrics Challenge Day # 10 Rebalance Your Connective Tissue. I am working from home today so I am going to try to get a 20 min walk in later....

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm not sure how my DD would do with being away. Initially, i think it would be hard for her b/c she is introverted and finds it hard to make new friends - I think ultimately she would be ok - but not sure how long she would want to ride it out for that to happen. I think going close to home would be a good option - as she could live on campus and then come home/take a break when needed. I always tell her that just b/c she starts one place doesn't mean she has to finish there - lots of kids transfer!

Sherry - I'm sorry you are still sick! Ugh. I hear you on white coat syndrome, I have it too. Just the thought of taking my blood pressure makes it rise!

I hope you both feel better soon - my turn for sickness will come in the spring. I don't know what is up with that - but that is my sick time of year. I may take allergy meds this year starting in March - I don't really feel that I have bad allergies, but maybe it stresses my immune system to fight the allergens and that is why I get sick. DD has bad allergies and last year she started her meds in March and ended up having a pretty good season w/out getting sick.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna