Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2018 Thrift Store Finds (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222044)

Mickey12 06-17-18 02:20 PM

I was at a flea market today and found a VHS, sealed, of Heather Locklear, Your Personal Workout. I don’t remember this one, but for .50, I had to buy it. I also got a Richard Simmons on VHS, Dance Your Pants Off, a couple of core secrets Dvds and 4 firm Dvds that I believe I owned on VHS in the past. The ones with Allie Delrio, Emily Welch, Nancy Tucker, and Jen Carmen. Total of $9.00, not too shabby!

Kim

bzar 06-29-18 01:28 PM

acquired:

at the annual library book sale, $3 each:
Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Sleek & Toned Prenatal
Michelle Lemay Rejuvenating Core Stretch
BodyBlade Burn & Sculpt with Michael Carson

from used book store, $2.50:
KCM Step Boxing 2007, the one with the label of her wearing pants and doing a roundhouse kick

dnna 06-29-18 03:31 PM

At Goodwill, $2.99
the rare Fitprime Metaboost and flex posture on 1 disc! I did Flex posture with the stern Ms. Tamela this morning, lol
Kathy Smith peel off the pounds pilates
anatomy of fitness dvd-contains instructional segment and workout segment and spiral bound book showing the muscles worked.interesting little gem

anetta 06-29-18 04:16 PM

Bzar:
I like Michelle Lemay's workouts.

Anita

jusca 06-30-18 02:27 AM

Found a few steps including the purple + teal Step Original for $15. The box looked a good 25+ years old. I left it. I know I wouldn't use it.

sherry7899 07-10-18 07:45 PM

The thrift stores near me are horrible, but we have a local record store that sells used dvds.

I found these for $1.00 each (sealed)
Dance off the Inches Hip Hop Dance Party Jennifer Galardi
10 minute solution Hip Hop Dance
Dances of India Urban Bhangra with Meera

And...

Beachbody Cize Basic 3 dvd set sealed for $2.99!

I'm very happy with my finds, since I'm loving dance workouts for cardio :music:

They had a ton of Firm, Taebo, Jillian Michaels and Biggest Loser dvds for a dollar also, but I passed on them since they aren't my thing.

bzar-good finds! My library sale is this Saturday and next Monday. I'll see if I can find anything. They sell used dvds for $1.00 and sometimes have buy one get one free. There is definitely a local vidiot because I have found much lesser known instructors there.

toaster 07-10-18 08:13 PM

Wow, awesome find with CIZE! I did get my Hip Hop Abs DVDs at thrift sales, but I've been curious about CIZE and have never seen it offered.

eventmom 07-10-18 10:04 PM

found the 4 dvd Firm set - cardio weight system. $3 not super cheap but it's a total of 7 workouts.

bzar 07-12-18 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anetta (Post 2779665)
Bzar:
I like Michelle Lemay's workouts.

Anita

i heard nice things about her here, and i remember her as a cast member for Cory Everson!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2781217)

And...

Beachbody Cize Basic 3 dvd set sealed for $2.99!

I'm very happy with my finds, since I'm loving dance workouts for cardio :music:

They had a ton of Firm, Taebo, Jillian Michaels and Biggest Loser dvds for a dollar also, but I passed on them since they aren't my thing.

bzar-good finds! My library sale is this Saturday and next Monday. I'll see if I can find anything. They sell used dvds for $1.00 and sometimes have buy one get one free. There is definitely a local vidiot because I have found much lesser known instructors there.

Cize - i am SOOOOO jealous! if it doesn't work out, send me a PM.

well, i scored today at the local Savers - found these, sealed, for $3.99 each:

Beachbody's Tai Cheng basic set
Zumba Target Zones, 3 DVD set

Amazon reviews for Tai Cheng complain about the BB ads. i have a lot of BB products, so i'm not too concerned. I also saw the scathing VF comments about it being too slow.

alisoncooks 07-12-18 07:42 AM

Nice find, Sherry!. I found Cize at the thrift store about a year ago, but I think I paid around $9 for it!

jusca 07-12-18 10:25 PM

I bought an unopened Beachbody core mat for $2.99. Today was my lucky day :D I've been wanting that mat for over 2 years. Talk about patience and luck.

wendug 07-13-18 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusca (Post 2781475)
I bought an unopened Beachbody core mat for $2.99. Today was my lucky day :D I've been wanting that mat for over 2 years. Talk about patience and luck.

Congrats on your find! Patience is key! This brings me hope that I will eventually find a bosu while thrifting! :)

bubbles76 07-13-18 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2781501)
Congrats on your find! Patience is key! This brings me hope that I will eventually find a bosu while thrifting! :)

Me too Wendug!

bzar 07-13-18 11:46 AM

Quote:

congrats - i had to look that up to see what it looks like. i've seen items that resemble that but never thought of opening it up to see the manufacturer.

in my latest trip to Savers, i forgot to mention that i also saw a Billy Blanks Amplifier weighted bar (3#) for $5.99. it was in great used condition. i remember once last year or so, i saw a sealed brand new Amped bar for $15, and it was just too high even though it was brand new.

if the Amplifier bar is still there next week during discount day, i'll consider getting it. it's well made. Vfer juberann here on VF broke a plateau* using the Amplifier and his Get Amped set.

*see this thread: I have lost 7 pounds............

sherry7899 07-14-18 10:08 AM

Quote:

That is great!

I went to my library book sale where they had a buy one free on dvds. For a dollar total I got Crunch Latin Dance by Jennifer Galardi and Mindy Mylrea's Tricycle workout.

Sherry

Mickey12 07-16-18 10:38 AM

I guess perseverance and repetition pay off. I usually only visited my thrift stores sporadically in the past and never really found anything except a single dvd here and there. I started going more frequently and last week I hit it big! I got about 15 DVDs, most of them still sealed. A lot of Pilates and ab dvds that I didn’t have and a crunch yoga and 3 Leslie’s that I already own that I am gifting to my co-worker. Woo hoo!! It felt like Christmas.

Kim

Garrie A. 08-11-18 05:40 PM

At Goodwill I picked up, each $2.50 (and still sealed):
Barre3 Standing Slim, Ballet Boot Camp, and Burner

There's also a local discount store chain that is closing all their stores (Magic Mart), and I saw in the bargain bin (still sealed, $1.50 each):
The Firm Total Body Shaping Mix (unchaptered Goodtimes version)
The Firm Total Muscle Shaping

The TBSM was a rare find!

Yes, I picked all of these up ;)

laurajhawk 08-12-18 11:15 AM

Ooh, great finds, Garrie!

Floren 08-12-18 11:25 AM

Wow, sounds like a great score for you, and for your co-workers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2781851)
I guess perseverance and repetition pay off. I usually only visited my thrift stores sporadically in the past and never really found anything except a single dvd here and there. I started going more frequently and last week I hit it big! I got about 15 DVDs, most of them still sealed. A lot of Pilates and ab dvds that I didn’t have and a crunch yoga and 3 Leslie’s that I already own that I am gifting to my co-worker. Woo hoo!! It felt like Christmas.

Kim

lingo10 08-12-18 11:21 PM

So I had a great Saturday, store was doing a 50 off, so I decided to go and see if they put out any special goodies they want gone
$15 Pilates Pro Chair with Sculpting Handles and Extra Set of Resistance (No dvds)
$5 Bosu
$20 UGI ball
$3 Hip Hop Abs Set (Bought it yet again, i cant seem to part without it for long)
$6 Turbo Jam Dvd set like 6 of them.

I did pass an APY60 set for $25, didnt get it though. I used to like Kurt's workouts over on fittv, when it was fit tv but then i figured nah after the mixed reviews about it.

Best $49 well spent.
Made off like a bandit Saturday.

wendug 08-13-18 08:59 AM

Good finds, Garrie! TBSM is great!

Lingo10- So jealous you got a bosu for $5! This is the unicorn item I'm always looking for!

jusca 08-23-18 05:04 PM

Bought a Step original circuit size with 2 risers for $8.

Garrie A. 08-25-18 01:14 PM

One of my best deals of the year:

Mari Winsor's Slimming Pilates KIT (with the Accelerator bar, hand weights, resistance cord, handles, and door attachment), along with 4 DVDs (3 are in one case, the other is "Pilates of the Fit and Famous") The box was opened, but everything was still sealed! :eek:

All for......$2.99!! :music: :D :cool:

I also picked up Weight Watchers Tone & Stretch VHS (led by Aileen Sheron). Now I just need to get the accompanying Step & Sculpt, then I'll have all three in the series. (I already have Low Impact Aerobics aka the "Spooky Fingers" workout :))

toaster 08-25-18 01:17 PM

Nice, Garrie!

I was at Goodwill more often than usual this summer but didn't score any fitness finds.

Dabbadooey 08-25-18 02:19 PM

At Goodwill today was a Firm wooden "tall box." I don't do those climbs anymore, or I would have bought it.

Garrie A. 08-25-18 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabbadooey (Post 2787017)
At Goodwill today was a Firm wooden "tall box." I don't do those climbs anymore, or I would have bought it.

:eek: I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

bzar 09-14-18 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dabbadooey (Post 2787017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2787020)
:eek: I would have bought that in a heartbeat.

me too!!!! somewhere on VF someone posted the dimensions of the pieces of plywood to construct your own.

i found out that one of the libraries on the other side of the island has a used bookstore in a separate office in the library. i saw 3 cathe's, jillians, tony horton 10 Min trainer (complete with rotation guide etc), tae bo, gaiam pilates, etc. very shocked to see the cathes in the bunch. i asked the lady how much they charged for DVDs and she piped up $1.

i have one of the cathes and the other 2 i wasn't interested in: terminator, high step challenge and high step training.

i found a yoga zone music DVD - from 1998 with the music from Windham Hill new age/jazz for 50¢:
Music for Yoga Practice

i also found a boxed set of some lecture where 2 of the 4 CDs were missing, but i wanted the case because it's the same height as a DVD case and i could store DVDs in it - $1.

total spent: $1.75 (includes a music sheet for 25¢)
:sun:

dnna 09-15-18 07:16 AM

wow Bzar, awesome finds. I took a sweet moment to remember the day I completed the Terminator flawless in one take. I was so happy I almost cried. I had been working on it for a long long time!

CoolGirlinFl888 09-15-18 11:15 PM

I would have purchased it just because it's a dollar lol! I've done that before.

bzar 09-16-18 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnna (Post 2789715)
wow Bzar, awesome finds. I took a sweet moment to remember the day I completed the Terminator flawless in one take. I was so happy I almost cried. I had been working on it for a long long time!

is it good? i have the workouts that the original footage came from. it sounded too scary, so that's why i didn't get it.:o

high step challenge - i recalled the reviews saying it was high impact.

i do like high step training, the one i already own.

wendug 09-16-18 01:07 PM

Just want to mention that I found a copy of Tracy Anderson's rebounder workout new for $3 a couple of months ago. I don't even own a rebounder, but thought I would put it up on the exchange listings and trade for something I want. Well, I had no responses for it so decided to sell it on ebay. I had no idea it is oop so it ended up selling for $51!!! Woo-hoo! Time to use the proceeds to get something new!:D

eventmom 09-16-18 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2789883)
Just want to mention that I found a copy of Tracy Anderson's rebounder workout new for $3 a couple of months ago. I don't even own a rebounder, but thought I would put it up on the exchange listings and trade for something I want. Well, I had no responses for it so decided to sell it on ebay. I had no idea it is oop so it ended up selling for $51!!! Woo-hoo! Time to use the proceeds to get something new!:D

wow~ good for you!

bzar 09-16-18 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2789883)

wow - amazing.:eek:

toaster 09-16-18 02:28 PM

Wendy, great job with your DVD flipping! :D

Mickey12 09-18-18 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingo10 (Post 2785466)
So I had a great Saturday, store was doing a 50 off, so I decided to go and see if they put out any special goodies they want gone
$15 Pilates Pro Chair with Sculpting Handles and Extra Set of Resistance (No dvds)
$5 Bosu
$20 UGI ball
$3 Hip Hop Abs Set (Bought it yet again, i cant seem to part without it for long)
$6 Turbo Jam Dvd set like 6 of them.

I did pass an APY60 set for $25, didnt get it though. I used to like Kurt's workouts over on fittv, when it was fit tv but then i figured nah after the mixed reviews about it.

Best $49 well spent.
Made off like a bandit Saturday.

Wow! I remember when the Ugi ball came out I wanted it so bad but I couldn’t justify the price. Enjoy all the great stuff.

Kim

Mickey12 09-18-18 08:14 PM

I stopped at Salvation Army today and found two Leslie’s from the walk slim series I didn’t have before. When I played the first one it was skipping a lot but after a cleaning it played fine. It pays to keep checking.

Every time I am there I put all the workout DVDs together, all facing the same way and every time I go back they are scattered all over again. There are some that have been there for several months and I wonder how they keep getting shuffled all over the place.

Kim

toaster 09-18-18 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickey12 (Post 2790288)
Every time I am there I put all the workout DVDs together, all facing the same way and every time I go back they are scattered all over again. There are some that have been there for several months and I wonder how they keep getting shuffled all over the place.

Kim

Kim, this cracked me up--I often organize the fitness workouts when I see them in resale stores too. :D

jusca 09-21-18 10:19 PM

I went out of town and by luck, I found Gwee Gym Burnout for $5.99. All dvds and booklets. No equipment though which is fine. I can use walking hand weights.

bzar 09-24-18 01:11 AM

interesting assortment today at savers:

debbie siebers refilmed slim in 6, including folder, literature and sealed tape measure - $1.99
donna richardson body gospel including deluxe add-ons - $3.99
mirabai holland dance cardio - $1.99
sara ivanhoe Yoga makeover total body tone with weights - $1.99
kim spreen self dance your way slim - $1.99

i already own both of the beachbody ones and sara's yoga makeover set.

bzar 10-12-18 07:40 PM

craigslist purchase today - a used 44" Jumpsport with bar for $150. she was the second owner of the jumpsport.

omg. my son went with me. it was in an affluent neighborhood about a 30 min drive away in Diamond Head. the house overlooks the ocean.

because it was near the ocean, the metal buckles on the hinges were rusty but still operable. everything else was like new, and was always stored indoors.