Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2018 Thrift Store Finds (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=222044)

bzar 01-10-18 12:25 AM

2018 Thrift Store Finds

hi - just starting a new thread.

i've been so busy at work - been away from any retail store except walmart and safeway. :)

hocuspocus 01-10-18 06:39 AM

At my local Goodwill I found Rondney Yee Yoga for your Week and Gin Miller Simply Step Classic Moves!

CharM 01-11-18 02:16 PM

I put all the workouts together and took a pic. Here are the titles, none of which I purchased, though I briefly considered TA and Zumba:

Bender Ball Pilates
Yoga Booty Ballet Total Toning Basics
Shiva Rea Baby Ready Yoga
P57 V1 Express
Billy's Bootcamp (can't see the title)
TA Meta Transform 2
TA Meta Transform 3
Core Rhythms
Zumba 101
Flirty Girl Fitness Chair Dance
Baby & Mom Prenatal Yoga
The Essence of Stability Ball Training
Denise Austin Bootcamp Total Body Blast

fanofladyvols 01-11-18 11:07 PM

CharM, did you organize the workouts within the DVD section at the thrift store?

I do this, too! (if this is what you did) :-):-)

bzar 01-11-18 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2754478)
CharM, did you organize the workouts within the DVD section at the thrift store?

i do that! i also group together related workouts that are part of a series.

Pam 01-12-18 12:13 AM

I love it when I find the workout DVDs grouped together at the thrift stores! I know a “workout friend” has been there.

CharM 01-12-18 01:08 AM

LOL I sure did! Sometimes people think I work there. :p

fanofladyvols 01-12-18 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam (Post 2754482)
I love it when I find the workout DVDs grouped together at the thrift stores! I know a “workout friend” has been there.

Yessss!!! Haha! I think someone did it once a LONG time ago and I have been paying it forward ever since!!

Quote:

LOL I sure did! Sometimes people think I work there.
And this, too! (The problem is... I often AM able to help them find the section they are looking for! :p )
You guys are making giggle right now!!:music::D

wendug 01-12-18 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2754478)

I put the fitness DVD's together at the thrift store, too! Hopefully it makes it easier for the next person looking for fitness DVD's.

bzar 01-24-18 02:26 PM

saw & picked up these DVDs at Savers, ~ $1.39 each ($1.99 less a Tuesday discount:sun:):

Yoga Zone Yoga for Abs
*Yoga Zone Introduction to Power Yoga
Yoga Zone Total Body Conditioning

at one point, many of the Yoga Zones were OOP w/ jacked up prices. also, these 3 might have been part of a set:
https://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Total-Co...nditioning+dvd

*surprised that VF reviews lacks a review for this DVD. i'll request to add it to the list and write a review after I've done the practice.

fanofladyvols 02-02-18 08:50 AM

Jeannine, that's a great deal!! I remember having those on my wish list many moons ago but don't remember if I ever picked any up. Hmm.

Shelves have been lean lately around me but I did pick up MTV Pilates Mix for $1.49. They had MTV yoga but I was only feeling the gamble for 1 of these. :-)

sherry7899 02-02-18 09:19 AM

Yoga Zone Total Body Conditioning is one of my all time favorite yoga dvds!

bzar 02-02-18 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanofladyvols (Post 2758009)
Jeannine, that's a great deal!! I remember having those on my wish list many moons ago but don't remember if I ever picked any up. Hmm.

Shelves have been lean lately around me but I did pick up MTV Pilates Mix for $1.49. They had MTV yoga but I was only feeling the gamble for 1 of these. :-)

all of the MTV workouts by Kristin McGee are very good. i found these only recently in the past few years in thrift shops and used book stores. i think they have them on youtube in case you want to try. they've stood the test of time. Kristin has 4 of these in the MTV series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2758015)
Yoga Zone Total Body Conditioning is one of my all time favorite yoga dvds!

thanks for the encouragement! i have yet to try it.

in the YZ series, Conditioning and Stress Relief has been on my top 10 of yoga DVDs for a long time, and the Strong and Healthy Back DVD is another favorite too.

CharM 02-20-18 04:09 PM

I always wonder if it's one person's donations or a few when I see so many:

Kathy Smith Step Workout
WATP 2 dvd box set
Qi Gong Flow for Beginners
Biggest Loser Bootcamp
Slim in 6
HHA Fat Burning, Total Body Burn plus two abs on one dvd
HHA Last Minute Abs
Jillian Killer Body
Firm Total Body Time Crunch
Shape Makeover butt,hips & thighs
Cathe Basic Step + Cardio & Weights
Pilates Abs workout
Prevention Slim & Tone Dance Party
Winsor Pilates Basic 3 dvd workout set
Super Slimdown Pilates Yoga Blend
Gaiam Dancers Body
Gaiam Energy Boost Pilates
Qi Gong for Stress

CharM 02-22-18 02:08 PM

while waiting for an oil change, I checked out another Goodwill:
A Journey Through The Chakras
Detox Flow Yoga - seane corn
DOTI Calorie Blasting Party
Lindsay Brin's Pregnancy Fitness 4 dvd set
level 2 Firm and Fit Stott Pilates
Tahitian Cardio w/Kili
Shiva Rea Daily Energy Vinyasa Flow
Power Pilates 4 dvd workout set (got excited when I saw viveca on the cover, thinking it was the piloxing set, but no :( )
Rodney Yee's AM PM Yoga
P90 Sweat 3-4
Jillian Ripped in 30
Jillian 30 Day Shred
Jillian Kickbox FastFix

jusca 03-03-18 09:22 PM

Used book store and Goodwill:

Cathe's basic step $2.99
Leslie's 3 mega miles $2 95

I purchased both. Cathe's DVDs super incredibly rare in my area. I saw hers months ago, passed it up and went back but it was gone. Now it was back on the shelf months later and I quickly bought it. I've never tried step. It said basic, I hope it is knowing Cathe. Lol

cam522 03-07-18 02:06 PM

I went to Goodwill this morning to drop some things off so I decided to go in to look at the DVDs and I found Kelly Coffey Meyer's Train Like A Contender for $2.99.

I feel like I scored big time!!

bubbles76 03-07-18 02:19 PM

Wow you sure did Cam!

fanofladyvols 03-07-18 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusca (Post 2762738)
Cathe's DVDs super incredibly rare in my area.

I never see Cathe either. I'd have to fight the urge to purchase just bc they are rare :p

I picked up two older Jessica Smith dvds (I was really late to the JS party) Women's health train for your body type and Shape flat abs 5 ways. :sun:

wendug 03-07-18 04:49 PM

I'm so excited about my thrift store find today! I went to the grocery store and almost didn't stop in to the Salvation Army in the same strip mall, but since I was already there I had to just check out what they had. And I was able to pick up Chalean Extreme with the Deluxe upgrades (Fat-Burn Challenge, Get Lean Intervals, I've Got Abs) for 5 dollars! :D Now this is fate because I'm doing a Chalean Extreme rotation right now. I have one more week of the Push Circuits before moving on to the Lean Circuits. I'm starting to get bored with Burn Intervals and Burn it Off. But now I've got new workouts to do when I start Lean Intervals! Yay!!!

Garrie A. 03-07-18 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2763401)
I'm so excited about my thrift store find today! I went to the grocery store and almost didn't stop in to the Salvation Army in the same strip mall, but since I was already there I had to just check out what they had. And I was able to pick up Chalean Extreme with the Deluxe upgrades (Fat-Burn Challenge, Get Lean Intervals, I've Got Abs) for 5 dollars! :D Now this is fate because I'm doing a Chalean Extreme rotation right now. I have one more week of the Push Circuits before moving on to the Lean Circuits. I'm starting to get bored with Burn Intervals and Burn it Off. But now I've got new workouts to do when I start Lean Intervals! Yay!!!

Holy (bleep)!! :eek: I would love to find CLX, especially at that price.

jusca 03-07-18 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendug (Post 2763401)

:eek::eek: I'm so jealous!! What an incredible deal. :love:

I'm in the last week of Push phase too. ::)

wendug 03-07-18 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2763405)
Holy (bleep)!! :eek: I would love to find CLX, especially at that price.

This thrift store prices things way too much, or way too little. It's like whoever has the pricing gun is too lazy to change the amount and just goes crazy pricing everything the same. Oh well...it worked out for me!

wendug 03-07-18 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusca (Post 2763414)
:eek::eek: I'm so jealous!! What an incredible deal. :love:

I'm in the last week of Push phase too. ::)

I'm so happy with my muscle gains with this program. I love the S-L-O-W lifting! I have no problem knocking out pushups now. And my booty- it's lifting! ;)

angie_nrs 03-21-18 09:59 PM

Well I didn't find that good of a deal like you did with CLX, but I did find Gin Millers Best of Step TV VHS for 35 cents. By the time I got home from appointments and shopping I was just going to skip a workout for the day but I told hubby that I had to go downstairs and do this workout b/c the curiosity was killing me. It turns out I must've had this w/o before many years ago (like 15-20) and it was like and old friend. Gin is super quirky in this w/o and it was just FUN! I'm glad I got it....again.:D Perfect for those days when you think you're just gonna skip a workout.:sun:

bzar 04-28-18 02:50 AM

picked up:

*Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout - Tahitian Cardio with Kili - $3
*Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout - Hula Abs & Buns $2.

*i borrowed these from the library years ago and wrote reviews in the VF reviews section.:)

saw some gliding workouts but i think i have those already. also saw the Firm Wave for $4.99 with the matching mat.

hdw 04-28-18 08:49 PM

I'm into Estate Sale right now. Friday I got P90 set for $15 (unopened). I wanted body pump DVDs (unopened) but they wanted to sell it as a set with the equipment (barbell, step) for $200. I didn't bite... I don't need the equipment, I just want the DVDs. I'm sure the set is now at some thrift store...

toaster 04-28-18 10:07 PM

Not a thrift store, but I went to a library used book sale last night and found a copy of Katy Bowman's Alignment Matters book for just $1.25.

jusca 05-03-18 03:26 PM

Picked up Tanita scale for $3 and Leslie's walk & jog for $2. Somebody knew exactly what I wanted. :)

wendug 05-03-18 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdw (Post 2771506)
I'm into Estate Sale right now. Friday I got P90 set for $15 (unopened). I wanted body pump DVDs (unopened) but they wanted to sell it as a set with the equipment (barbell, step) for $200. I didn't bite... I don't need the equipment, I just want the DVDs. I'm sure the set is now at some thrift store...

I love estate sales, too! Too bad they wouldn't sell just the dvds to you. Check the local thrift stores now- you might be able to find them there! Or craigslist.

lingo10 05-04-18 12:38 PM

Got that beachbody tai cheng set $8 at savers near me.

bzar 05-04-18 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lingo10 (Post 2772331)
Got that beachbody tai cheng set $8 at savers near me.

awesome! I love savers. was it with all the other boxed sets? beachbody sets are slightly oversized.

lingo10 05-04-18 02:11 PM

Just the 4 main dvds and a sport one with it. The only one of the boxed sets from BB. I actually found it in the book racks section. Mine likes to place dvds there too. I saw someone that had Shaun T's Rockin Body, but they got to it before me, it was in their cart. :P

fanofladyvols 05-05-18 11:44 PM

I haven't seen anything as far as DVDs anywhere. It's been slim pickings.

I did pick up a comfy pair of Nike capris though :D

toaster 05-06-18 08:38 AM

The different local Goodwills around me always have fitness DVDs, but not usually what I am interested in and/or things I have already tried. Things I often see include Firm, Mari Winsor, 10 Minute Solution, and similar.

Yesterday I went to a huge library used book sale. The had a more varied selection, including Yee's AM Yoga for Your Week (have it), Shaun T Hip Hop Abs (ditto), a lot of Kathy Smith, Kettleworx, several Shiva Rea, and Ellen Barrett's Yogini. But the only thing I wound up buying was AM & PM Stretch with Madeline Lewis. :)

Garrie A. 05-06-18 08:52 AM

My Goodwill recently put out a lot of DVDs, and I saw a few fitness ones. Turbo Jam (including Lower Body Jam, still sealed), Hip Hop Abs, a few of Jillian Michaels' Biggest Winner DVDs, and a Tara Stiles Yoga. I gladly passed on them.

Yesterday I found the Brazil Butt Lift set at a yard sale for $3.

wendug 05-06-18 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrie A. (Post 2772597)

Yesterday I found the Brazil Butt Lift set at a yard sale for $3.

Nice score! I don't have much luck at my local garage sales. But I'll keep looking. :)

toaster 05-06-18 09:18 AM

Garrie, Turbo Jam and Jillian are also offerings I see frequently at sales. Good score on the BBL!

bzar 05-09-18 02:04 AM

wtg garrie!

i saw the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders workouts - bootcamp, cardio dance and yoga for $1.99 each. i didn't bite, but thought i'd check VF for reviews. i can't find any VF posts about them.

wendug 05-09-18 07:02 AM

I picked up Kelly Coffey Meyer's Muscle Definition yesterday for $2. It has a few scratches, but I bought it anyway. Played it last night and it works perfectly! :D