Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rave I love insanity! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=134881)

Ciddy 06-19-09 10:12 AM

I love insanity!

I don’t know what it says about my sanity, but I LOVE Insanity! :heart: Thanks to a very kind VF member (thanks Lissa3) I was able to trade for the Plyo Circuit workout. I’ve done it twice now and it’s amazing. It is very cardio intensive but with basic, athletic, tough moves. My sister wanted to try it (she hasn’t been working out for very long). I wasn’t sure at first, but we did the workout together yesterday and I have to say she made it work for her. She was able to keep up better than I thought she would and she did a great job modifying where she had to. We were working and sweating like crazy and we both loved it. My sister is excited about working up to sections she had to modify, but for now she just loves the intensity and simplicity of Insanity. The only section she really struggled with was all the work on the floor, so I skipped that and just did the section with the suicide drills again. That worked for us since it was our favorite section anyway. I am so grateful for the trade because I was going back and forth about getting this set since I ordered STS cardio, but now I’m definitely leaning towards getting it.

Depending on what the rotation looks like I’m not sure I’ll follow it exactly, but I do think I could do an Insanity workout at least twice a week. I was feeling a little green when I was done, but that quickly passed. It wasn’t as high impact as I thought it would be, although I don’t know what the remaining workouts will be like. With my love for CLX and now my love for Insanity, for me and the type of workouts I enjoy, Beachbody has knocked it out of the park with their new workouts. I haven't enjoyed working out this much in a long time.:D:D

Helen S 06-19-09 10:49 AM

Thanks for the review. I'm amazed that your sister was able to modify this workout. It sounds like both of you had a blast and worked hard.

Snuckles 06-19-09 10:58 AM

Huh, not as high impact as you thought it would be??? Can you compare the amount of impact to something? Pretty please . . .

Ciddy 06-19-09 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen S (Post 1364082)
Thanks for the review. I'm amazed that your sister was able to modify this workout. It sounds like both of you had a blast and worked hard.

I was amazed at how well she modified too. I wasn't sure she could do it, but I didn't want to discourage her. For example for the warm up she did jog in place, but she kept the jumping jacks lower impact, then she was able to do the heisman and the 1,2,3 heisman without any trouble. The butt kicks and high knee jogs she kept lower than I did and the mummy kicks she moved her arms but kept it more low impact. She had no trouble with the suicide drills she just didn’t completely touch the floor, and instead of doing power squats she just did squats. The ski jumps she didn't jump with both feet. She moved her arms but jumped one leg at a time. It seemed to work for her. There is no way she would have been able to do all the floor work which is why we skipped it and just repeated other sections. She liked that it was intense but basic. We’re both kind of choreography challenged.

As far as impact I guess I was expecting constant jumping for some reason. There were a lot of moves like high knee jogs, butt kicks, suicide runs, football feet, etc., but there wasn't as much actual high impact jumping as I was expecting. He was really good at breaking up higher impact moves with lower moves. The first set of drills was suicide runs, then power squats (definitely higher impact), then mountain climbers and then back to higher impact with ski jumps. Granted it's been a really long time since I've done Cathe's Imax 3, but I think if you did the premix of all blasts it would be way more impact than the Insanity workout (at least the Plyo circuit anyway). The difference for me is that Insanity moves so much faster. It's a much more hurried pace. Like I said I haven’t done Cathe’s workout in a long time (I traded it), but from what I remember her blasts had more impact.

fluffydogfan 06-19-09 01:10 PM

I am goofy in love with this first workout. Why oh why did they have to delay the series launch?
Right now, I feel like it’s the second night of Hanukkah, and I didn’t get what I wanted on the first night. I’m filled with disappointment, but there’s still anticipation of what’s coming.
I hate to wish my life away, but I sure wish July would get here quickly.

Katie

silvil 06-19-09 01:25 PM

I'm back on the Insanity train. I wish these had come out right now in June, because I feel I need intense workouts, like right now! I tried on bathing suits for my July beach vacation, and I was disgusted by that nagging coat of fat around my midsection (and I don't really have to lose weight). I need to whip myself into shape pronto, and this would do it, if I had it, but I don't!

ddj 06-19-09 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciddy (Post 1364159)

As far as impact I guess I was expecting constant jumping for some reason. There were a lot of moves like high knee jogs, butt kicks, suicide runs, football feet, etc., but there wasn't as much actual high impact jumping as I was expecting. He was really good at breaking up higher impact moves with lower moves.

I wished he had broken up the lower impact moves more! I liked most of it, but I think he spent way too much time on the floor during that last set. My arms were giving out long before my heart.

The preview for this series shows more high impact moves than are on this particular workout. For example, those tuck jumps they do very quickly with their feet apart rather than together. Those look brutal. I imagine some of the other workouts in the series will have more high impact moves in them.

Debbie S. 06-19-09 01:55 PM

The tuck jumps aren't in the sneak preview workout. At this point, we have no idea which workout will have this move. I modify this move by holding my Pilates stick with one hand You still get a great workout, but with less impact.

Yes, the majority of the really TOUGH stuff is in the last round and it's all done on the ground, for example squat thrusts, etc.

Ciddy 06-19-09 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddj (Post 1364203)
I wished he had broken up the lower impact moves more! I liked most of it, but I think he spent way too much time on the floor during that last set. My arms were giving out long before my heart.

The preview for this series shows more high impact moves than are on this particular workout. For example, those tuck jumps they do very quickly with their feet apart rather than together. Those look brutal. I imagine some of the other workouts in the series will have more high impact moves in them.

I agree that the floor work was just too much. I loved a lot of the moves and it was killing me, but it was a lot to do at one time. I didn't even finish it the first time when I did the workout alone, so I knew to just skip it when my sister and I worked out. The previews did show a lot more impact. That's probably why I was expecting constant jumping. If he breaks down the other workouts the way he did in this one I think I'll really love the series. Actually I have a feeling I am going to love the series anyway. I don't mind the jumping when there is a lower impact move in between. I guess no matter what I'll do what I can and work up to the rest. I do hope that there isn't so much time on the floor at one time. Right now I just do what I can and repeat sections that I love, which is pretty much any part of the rest of the workout.

KateTT 06-19-09 02:37 PM

Oh man! I keep hoping to see people saying how much they HATE this workout! LOL
I have STS Cardio preordered, but would sure like to get at least the preview disk. Hmm...TotalFitnessdvds has it. :D