Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Results from Classical Stretch workouts? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=133461)

adrien_73 05-13-09 12:29 PM

Results from Classical Stretch workouts?

I am trying to do more barre & pilates workouts lately. I owned several Classical Stretch dvds in the past but traded them all away. Now, being a true vidiot, I am regretting it! :(

For those who have used them regularly, did you see any toning and definition from them, or are they mainly for stretching and flexibility? Are there some that have more toning emphasis than others? I know that total body 1 was recommended to me previously but it is now harder to come by. I would be interested in Sara's workouts as well.

Thank you!

yogapam 05-13-09 01:16 PM

Hi Adrien - I have several CS workouts that I have used off and on, but never consistently. Right now I am on a CS kick and plan to fit them in 3 times a week for a while and see if I notice any changes. I just got CS season 4 and am awaiting both Essentrics. So I will keep you posted!

Pam

adrien_73 05-13-09 01:21 PM

Thanks, Pam! Even if these are mostly for stretching, I have several overuse injuries that need to be worked out! I just can't figure out which would be best for me. I am drawn to the TV series, but I was thinking that they might be toned down a bit to appeal to a broader audience. I want ones that are the most intense! :D

fuzzie 05-13-09 01:23 PM

The only ones I use regularly are CS Intense Athlete Stretch and Essentrics Flexibility Workout for Athletes - I :love: them both! As the titles suggest, these are definitely more flexibility workouts and they offer a nice combination of active and static stretches. These have definitely contributed to increasing my lower body flexibility (hips and hamstrings in particular) and they do wonderful things for my tight shoulders.

I look forward to reading more from VFers who use CS workouts more extensively than I do!

Lorianne 05-13-09 02:47 PM

I own all the Classical Stretch dvds & they have changed my body. I am slimmer & leaner. everywhere.
I was a diehard Firmie for many years. then moved on to Jari Love.
Classical Stretch gave me a different look. elongated. more like a ballet dancer versus a Firm instructor.
I am able to do the full splits once again (since high school), my flexibility is fantastic.
I only use CS for toning & flexibility now. I don't own any other dvds anymore.
I do CS 6 days a week with powerwalking. occasional jogging.
the tv series are not toned down. they are just as good as the other dvds. only shorter segments. IMO they are actually better. they aren't made any easier for a larger audience.
Sahra's dvds are slightly harder than Miranda's. but very much the same workouts. less talking, or chit chat.
HTH

adrien_73 05-13-09 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorianne (Post 1344876)
I own all the Classical Stretch dvds & they have changed my body. I am slimmer & leaner. everywhere.
Classical Stretch gave me a different look. elongated. more like a ballet dancer versus a Firm instructor.
I am able to do the full splits once again (since high school), my flexibility is fantastic.
the tv series are not toned down. they are just as good as the other dvds. only shorter segments. IMO they are actually better. they aren't made any easier for a larger audience.
Sahra's dvds are slightly harder than Miranda's. but very much the same workouts. less talking, or chit chat.
HTH

Uh oh...looks like I need to warm up my credit card!:D

Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming!:love:

hourglass 05-13-09 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorianne (Post 1344876)
HTH

Wow Lorianne, how encouraging! :)

Since the beginning of '09, I've been doing CS exclusively for toning every other week. I was very happy with the results - muscle firming, improved posture and flexibility. I was getting convinced CS (with cardio) was enough to keep me in shape. A few weeks ago I used the three Express Workouts M-W-F, and at the end of that week I really noticed my muscles firming up. That's what really convinced me it's all I needed. But, I'm such a variety junkie, I don't want to burn out on CS (which happened with barre workouts), so the every-other-week format is working well for me.

BTW, I don't have Sahra's flexibility DVD, but I :love: her toning DVD. Great workout!

Joan

adrien_73 05-13-09 05:22 PM

OKAY! Y'ALL PUSHED ME OVER THE EDGE!!! :D

Just ordered:
-CLASSICAL STRETCH 2009 TV SERIES PACK- 4 DVD
-Essentrics Arms,Abs&Waist Toner/Legs, Butt&Thigh Thinner DVD
-30 MInute Express Workout DVD
-Essentrics Flexibility Workout for Athletes DVD

I have proven to myself that heavier strength training just makes me look BIGGER. (after failing my CLX rotation.):mad: Previous to CLX, I was doing endurance strength routines such as Cath's full body routines, Jari and the like. I looked okay, but never lean.

I am going to try to focus on CS, barre, pilates & yoga for a while as my means of toning and defining my muscles. I will still do my crazy cardio workouts like I have been doing but I'll have to tone down the impact a bit.

I hope this works! I've been trying to thin out from my CLX rotation for about 3-4 weeks and it is not working. :(

Thank you all for your input!

tigerbaby 05-13-09 05:31 PM

I think I am being pushed over the edge too! I don't post very much around here but am a resident lurker. I have other classical stretch dvd's but am interested in the new 2009 tv series. I am still trying to recover from the flu that kicked my butt last week and have been pretty down in the dumps lately. When I saw the clip from the new series, that perked me up! There is something so lovely, warm and quirky about Miranda that cheers me right up. She is definitely an instructor that I enjoy spending time with.

hourglass 05-13-09 06:05 PM

I just did a nice workout from the 2007 series. Did I mention how GOOD I feel after doing CS??? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by adrien_73 (Post 1344938)
OKAY! Y'ALL PUSHED ME OVER THE EDGE!!! :D

Just ordered:
-CLASSICAL STRETCH 2009 TV SERIES PACK- 4 DVD
-Essentrics Arms,Abs&Waist Toner/Legs, Butt&Thigh Thinner DVD
-30 MInute Express Workout DVD
-Essentrics Flexibility Workout for Athletes DVD

Sounds like excellent choices! I'm anxiously waiting for my 2009 series to arrive.

Joan