Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Total Max Mixers - April 2024 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=235465)

JBliff 04-01-24 04:02 PM

Total Max Mixers - April 2024

Hi everyone. Starting a new thread for April.

My workout yesterday was a walk + LITE Rev'd Up Rumble and STS 2.0 Mobility #2.

Waves to all. Have a great day.

T2B 04-01-24 08:10 PM

JB - thanks for starting us out for April.

I did LITE: PHA2 this morning.

It’s going to be an interesting night for us. Heavy rains and tornado watches overnight. Joy. 🥹

Vantreesta 04-02-24 12:17 PM

I woke up Sunday with a bad headache so I went back to sleep. I had planned on going to church but ended up watching online since I didn't have time to shower beforehand. Saturday I made deviled eggs and chai-spiced pumpkin pie so I didn't have to do it on Sunday, and then it didn't matter much anyway. I usually make ham, au gratin potatoes, rolls and deviled eggs for Easter, but I had to spend so much money last week on restocking stuff that I didn't feel like spending more on a ham so we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn and still had rolls and the eggs. The pie is good but it doesn't really taste chai-spiced, so that was disappointing. I am everything chai and pumpkin, all year long! :music:

Saturday I did a short jump rope workout to keep my consecutive-weeks streak going and then stretched on my own. Not much, but it was good and at least smthg after nothing while I was sick.

Looking forward to the movies and supper with my friend tonight. We're going to see Ghostbusters. :D

Mon 4/1 142 minutes
10 minutes (from Yoga With Kassandra Flexible Body, Flexible Mind 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge day 23 Reframe, YT) 1st time
10 minutes (from Dr. Bri Pelvic Floor Balance & Impact Challenges At-Home Kegel Camp, Day 23, YT) 1st time
9 minutes (from Crossrope Fast Break Tabatas)
46 minutes (from C. Friedrich STS 2.0 Total Body Super Sets express #4) 1st time
23 minutes (from C. Freidrich STS 2.0 Total Body Stretch)
5 minutes (from PT stretches)
39 minutes (from 3 dog walks 2.44 mi)
Pedometer: 13018 steps, 6.32 mi/Fitbit: 12631 steps, 5.97mi

This was the first time doing premix #4 of Super Sets, which was double supersets. I had only done single supersets before and couldn't understand why people were unhappy with the rest periods. Now I know! In between superset groupings there are 2-minute breaks, but each superset of two exercises are done without a break. When you only do singles, you have 2 minutes between and that seemed like a long time. But when you do two or three sets of groupings without a break, well, that really upped the ante!

I woke up sore already this morning so I did Yoga by Gillian -10 min Morning Yin Yoga - The ULTIMATE way to start your day, which showed up in my feed. It was just lying spinal twist to each side and then reclined butterfly, but it was nice.

I really need to get my butt in gear to get in workouts and shower before I have to leave for my friend's house! It's gonna be tight. :o

My new goal is to post my workouts regularly on all my check-ins but try to do personals on each one just once a week. Trying to do it on 7 check-ins every time I post is just overwhelming!

Vantreesta 04-02-24 12:20 PM

Thanks for starting the new thread, JB!

Hope you didn't get any severe weather, T2B!

karjoy 04-02-24 08:36 PM

Thanks for starting us Jbliff!

Is everyone ok from the weather so far? Especially you T2B? And how about you Gibbee? We are supposed to get tonight but for us it sounds as if it will be less severe. Fingers crossed.

I went to Burn for MetCon this Eve. Always one of my favs. It was not too high impact till we got to standing broad jumps. A definite ouchie. At each station we did 40 seconds, then 50, then 60, and back down to 50 then 40. 60 seconds of standing broad jumps was pretty killer.

Vannie how was Ghostbusters?

JBliff 04-03-24 07:07 PM

My workout Monday was a long walk with DH. Tuesday's workout was Strong & Sweaty Bootcamp. I am starting Cathe's April rotation. It looked pretty good.

Karjoy - We had torrential rain today and it may rain again tomorrow but it hasn't been too bad weather wise.

Vannie - Supersets is pretty hard if you do it as designed. I live for those 2-minute breaks!

T2B - I hope you are doing OK. A tornado watch sounds scary.

Waves to everyone.

T2B 04-03-24 07:26 PM

Hi All,

2. CIZE: HYO
3. rest day…

JB - no tornado sirens in my area the other night, lots of winds and heavy rain though. Temps dropped back down to the 30’s this morning and it’s been cold, and very windy, all day. It’s 44 degrees right now.

The April rotation looks good.

Waves~~~

karjoy 04-03-24 07:59 PM

Drive by: Total Body Strength at Burn and thankfully it was mostly upper body. My legs were tired from last night’s workout.

Vantreesta 04-03-24 11:24 PM

I shouldn't even ask since I just restarted the STS 2.0/XTrain rotation, but where is Cathe's April rotation? I didn't see it on her forum.

T2B, I think you asked me about my jump rope. I use a regular rope most of the time, but if I'm feeling more tired and trippy I use the ropeless rope that came with the JNL Fusion set. Glad you didn't have any tornadoes. I really liked Rick & Michonne. Daryl Dixon will be back soon, with Carol! Yay!

Karen, my friend and I both really liked Ghostbusters. We had a fun night out together. Saw previews for a few we may try to go see. It's not always easy to find ones we both want to see bc I mostly choose horror and she doesn't like those. :)

JB, I am afraid to do the full regular version of Super Sets when the double was hard enough!

Gibbee, I hope you enjoy your trip!

Yesterday I only had time to jump rope and run a couple miles on the treadmill (bc it was kind of wet and icky outside). Jumped off the treadmill into the shower and almost straight from the shower to the car to get to my friend's on time! Today I intended to workout before the 12:10 first pitch, but I couldn't sleep last night and was up till 2:30 this morning so I slept in till almost 9:30 and just didn't get it done. Then I sat down with my crochet when the game started and accomplished nothing else the rest of the day! I made a little squirrel for my hubby. :D :heart:

Vantreesta 04-05-24 11:14 AM

Thu 4/4 171 minutes
5 minutes (from Cha-Cha Slide)
7 minutes (from L. Holden 30-Day Qi Gong challenge day 23)
10 minutes (from S. Bowen 10MS Pilates Perfect Body -belly)
15 minutes (from C. Jordan -15-Minute Glute Activation Workout, YT)
11 minutes (from B. Bowman GuerrillaZen Fitness 10-min Knee Stability Routine for Bulletproof Knees, YT)
5 minutes (from C. Jordan -Help for Shin Splints Exercises, YT)

5 minutes (from H. Estrada Aztec Athletics -5-Minute Calf Plyometric Workout for Runners, YT)
6 minutes (from Dr. Bri -3-Minute Miracle for Your Pelvic Floor, YT)
31 minutes (from 2.42 mi for ZL 10k trainer wk2 day1)
9 minutes (from H. Clare -Best Exercises for Piriformis Syndrome, YT)
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri -5 Minute Foot, Core, and Pelvic Floor Workout, YT)
4 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Hip Rock-Back: Low Back & Pelvic Mobility Exercise, YT)

3 minutes (from Yoga With Bird -Simple Beginners Yoga Stretch Under 5 Mins! | 30 Day Yoga Challenge 2022 | DAY 23, YT) 1st time
5 minutes (from Dr. Bri -Top 3 Pelvic Floor Stretches for Women and Men | Quick Release, YT)

50 minutes (from 2 dog walks 3.08 mi)
Pedometer: 16714 steps, 7.87 mi/Fitbit: 16876 steps, 8.15 mi