Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   High Impact Shoes (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=216693)

Tugger31 07-23-16 07:40 AM

High Impact Shoes

I often have sore feet, no medical problem, just in general from standing long periods of time at work.

I'm looking for some new workout shoes that will help absorb impact from high impact workouts but aren't too heavy. I want to be light on my feet during high impact but don't want to sacrifice cushion.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

KarenP 07-23-16 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tugger31 (Post 2652113)
I often have sore feet, no medical problem, just in general from standing long periods of time at work.

I'm looking for some new workout shoes that will help absorb impact from high impact workouts but aren't too heavy. I want to be light on my feet during high impact but don't want to sacrifice cushion.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

I absolutely love the Adidas Pure Boost X Trainer. Loads of arch support. It feel like I'm walking on clouds. My favorite sneaker ever.

Tugger31 07-23-16 08:09 AM

How are they for high impact workouts such as Insanity? Does the cushion wear out quick from pounding/impact b/c they're foam??

I've read a Sean T website and he says he does Insanity barefoot at home. This hurts my feet just reading it. He says highly cushioned shoes can affect how you land during plyometrics and cause knee injury. So I'm a bit confused as to which direction to go....more cushion, no cushion??? No way I'm working out barefoot. (I workout on berber carpet over a cement floor in the basement, minimal carpet padding, or so old it's worn out by now!)

wishiwasinhawaii 07-23-16 09:16 AM

I have foot problems and wear orthotics so I can't wear the memory foam shoes and have no opinion on them, but I can't imagine working out barefoot. I used to do karate and the dojo I went to trained on a hardwood floor barefoot and I believe that is what caused my foot problems. I guess some people can do that for years with no problems (like Sean T. and my karate teacher who is in his 60's), but everyone is different and I wish now that I had never done that. JMHO.

dutchgirl 07-23-16 09:30 AM

I have 3 pairs of K-Swiss X-160s. I wouldn't be without them!

KarenP 07-23-16 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tugger31 (Post 2652131)
How are they for high impact workouts such as Insanity? Does the cushion wear out quick from pounding/impact b/c they're foam??

I've read a Sean T website and he says he does Insanity barefoot at home. This hurts my feet just reading it. He says highly cushioned shoes can affect how you land during plyometrics and cause knee injury. So I'm a bit confused as to which direction to go....more cushion, no cushion??? No way I'm working out barefoot. (I workout on berber carpet over a cement floor in the basement, minimal carpet padding, or so old it's worn out by now!)

Never done insanity. I've jumped-roped a bunch with them and walked for miles and miles. They've held up well for me. They are cushy though, so if you're looking for something un-cushy, these aren't for you. I personally like them for just about everything except some strength training stuff like deadlifts.

As for Sean T's advice, I would need some back-up research. He also recommends doing his high intensity, high impact workouts 5 days per week, doesn't he? That would make me take the other things he says with a big grain of salt.

AsSweetAsSugar 07-23-16 01:21 PM

Tugger, thanks for opening this thread! A while back I was wondering about these shoes, unfortunately I didn't get any feedback, but maybe still something to consider.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchgirl (Post 2652148)
I have 3 pairs of K-Swiss X-160s. I wouldn't be without them!

Sabine, do you use them for weight lifting and metabolic workouts as well, or just cardio, what about plyo stuff? TIA.

dutchgirl 07-23-16 01:36 PM

Quote:

Sabine, do you use them for weight lifting and metabolic workouts as well, or just cardio, what about plyo stuff? TIA.
I use them for every type of workout I do (except yoga). I find they're not necessary for weight lifting. However I consider them essential for all other types of workouts. I especially love them for cardio workouts with higher impact. I have cranky knees and these make higher impact workouts doable and enjoyable.

Amazon has the best price that I've found. If you decide to order, order a half size up. I wear a 7.5 in other shoes and wear an 8 in this shoe.

I just realized I actually own 4 pairs of these shoes. I forgot I just got the aqua pair!

AsSweetAsSugar 07-23-16 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchgirl (Post 2652223)
I use them for every type of workout I do (except yoga). I find they're not necessary for weight lifting. However I consider them essential for all other types of workouts. I especially love them for cardio workouts with higher impact. I have cranky knees and these make higher impact workouts doable and enjoyable.

Amazon has the best price that I've found. If you decide to order, order a half size up. I wear a 7.5 in other shoes and wear an 8 in this shoe.

I just realized I actually own 4 pairs of these shoes. I forgot I just got the aqua pair!

Thank you so much Sabine, very helpful!! Lovely color options too, which is awesome! And... They ship to Canada!! :music:

nschultz 07-24-16 10:29 PM

Sabine
After your recommendation, I was in the market for a new pair of workout shoes, I ordered the K-Swiss silver pair. I really liked the aqua, but I couldn't pass up the price on the silver's.
Thanks!