Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cathe Live (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=209067)

suzannaerin 03-02-15 09:34 AM

Cathe Live

I'm tempted to subscribe to Cathe Live, now there is a decent collection of workouts on the site. Currently, we have DSL, haven't upgraded yet. The slow speed streaming seems to work fine on my iPad. I occasionally have issues with SBF steaming, but resetting the DSL box usually clears it up.

I'm have no interest in Cathe's on demand, too pricey. The Live service looks good, tho.

Comments, reviews from folks who suscribe(d)?

seww 03-02-15 09:58 AM

I LOVE IT!
Sue

andtckrtoo 03-02-15 12:04 PM

Cathe's OnDemand is a steal at $19.99 a month. I don't know of anyone else who offers the variety and quality of workouts Cathe does for that price. It includes the Live workouts as well.

I like the Live workouts a lot, and will sub them for similar things in rotations. She's funny and makes mistakes - Imax Live has a few bloopers. It's fun. Is it worth the cost for the Live workouts alone? Probably, especially as it's easy to stop if you decide it's not worth it.

alydinva 03-02-15 12:22 PM

I also love Live. I do at least 1-2 of the workouts per week. I think that Cathe on Demand is a great price - I just don't subscribe because I own all of her DVDs.

Kathy G 03-02-15 01:40 PM

I subscribe to Cathe Live but not On Demand (as I own all her dvds as well). I LOVE it! It's just like taking a gym class with Cathe, she's unscripted and fun! She usually announces what class she is filming on Wednesday and the equipment needed for people who do the "live" version with her. I'm at work so I usually do the recorded workout later.

There are 40 classes to choose from now (I believe, or close to it). Lots of variety to choose from too. I have a couple of favorites on there that I would love for her to do as a dvd release because they are that good. ;)

HTH,
Kathy

AnMrsDe 03-02-15 03:34 PM

Add me to the group who LOVE Cathe Live!!! I don't need her On Demand feature either since I have so many of her workouts on dvd.

There are two choices of featured streaming: high quality or low quality. I have better luck with the low quality feature. So far, there's just been one time when the streaming didn't work adequately for me since I joined in November and I use the site 2-3x/week. :heart: (That's saying a lot since I subscribe to other sites and I have had a lot more issues with them).

The classes that have step choreography are my least favorite (since step is not my thing), but thankfully, there's not that many! ;) There are lots of metabolic-type workouts (that sometimes use the step and other equipment as props--which is fine in my book, but nothing like tons of equipment like some of her other w/o's include!;)), high/low cardio, HiiT, kickboxing (sometimes mixed with barre), weights, cycling, core and one of the classes even includes some yoga moves! Even Al and Amanda are in a couple classes which is cool, but the thing I like the most about Live is that Cathe is just so laid back and FUN!!! She relies on one of the participants (Debbie) that's in about every class who reminds me a lot of Cedie...always has the right count and doesn't miss a rep, to help her keep count. :heart: Cathe sometimes messes up the cueing or whatever, but I've grown to love the spontaneity of the classes and that they aren't so "polished". It just gives me more of a relaxed feeling when I'm working out with her. Just this morning I did Cathe's Low Impact HiiT Circuit Live workout in which I had lower energy and it also seemed Cathe had low energy as well (since she was walking around a lot instead of doing the reps with us). Ya don't see that on the RwH dvd's, or ANY of her dvd's for that matter, LOL!!

Funny as it may seem, all the classes are different enough from each other that they're all FUN and not the same thing every week, IMO. Most classes range from 41 min. to 60 min. There's one class that's 71 min. I agree with Kathy G, I would love to have some of these classes put on a dvd!!! :love:

I guess one downfall of doing live classes instead of a dvd (as with any streaming site) would be that you don't have access to premixes or the option to play your own music. However, I made a note in my log of a few classes where she breaks to do heavy bag work, barre or the like that I can stop the class to add on a yoga workout or whatever, if I don't wish to do the whole thing, so YMMV.

So far, adding Cathe Live to my streaming expenses has been worth every penny!! And I still don't have the desire to put it on hold!! :sun: Maybe in a month or two when I get more active outside I'll put it on hold, but I'm having a blast in the mean time! :love:

HTH!

ETA: One of the gals on Cathe's forum posted this reference Live list which explains all the classes, equipment needed, etc. I found it very helpful even though it may not be totally up-to-date:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...A-A/edit?pli=1

pattyd0319 03-02-15 04:10 PM

I subscribe to her live classes and really enjoy them. This morning I Solid Gold Cardio with HIIT and it was a nice change from all the bootcamp workouts we tend to see now adays. It was classic floor aerobics with some intensity bursts mixed in and was just what I was in the mood for. A nice, solid 45 minute cardio workout that I didn't dread.

There is just such a nice mix and it does have the live class feel so you really get that live class feel and at this point, there are enough workouts that you can find something to fit your mood. I love that the backgrounds are of different ages and shapes.

msmik 03-02-15 09:24 PM

I absolutely love Cathe live!!!

clerkin11 03-02-15 09:58 PM

I also LOVE Cathe Live!!!
It's exciting to have a new workout every week and I think it's a great deal at around $10 a month. There's a good variety of workouts and a few that I've done several times.
I also love her demeanor in these workouts - fun but still tough.
And never seems to be a ton of equipment needed.
I like the kickboxing, strength and metabolic workouts the most. I haven't tried any step workouts. One thing I like about her strength workouts is that she gets more done in less time than she does on many of her dvds.
I think it's totally worth it!

suzannaerin 03-03-15 11:43 AM

Thanks for the excellent, detailed responses. I might just take the plunge.