Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Crone Cronies - You Know What the Nice Thing About Winter Is? Neither Do I! Jan 26 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227759)

Laura S. 01-26-20 09:29 AM

Crone Cronies - You Know What the Nice Thing About Winter Is? Neither Do I! Jan 26

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura S. 01-26-20 09:40 AM

I went to bed at almost 11 last night, didn't set an alarm (because it is Sunday morning, after all), and slept until almost 9:00. :eek: I'm feeling pretty good, today, but all I've done so far is go through my email and start this thread. :D

We're going over to Mom and Dad's today for lunch (nachos) and a movie. Dad makes really good nachos... :yummy::love:

Paula - Yeah, you have to be tired of dealing with the hip. Hang in there with it. It's good you have mountains near you to fly over!

Bee - I hope the swap meet is fun. At least, the books will get you in the door for free. The Toastmasters sounds like fun.

Anita - I sold some stuff to Play It Again Sports. Didn't get a huge amount, but it was good to get something for it and get it out of my house. Sorry you're getting the 500 error. That is so totally aggravating.

sciencelady 01-26-20 10:54 AM

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! Hope I don't get another 500 error today. ETA: Yay it worked!

I had a good time going to the orchid show yesterday with friends - bought nothing though, which is just fine! We also stopped by the snow sculpture display close to my house at the fairgrounds. They were still working on them - very slippery walking around though as a lot of the packed snow underfoot is now ice. Today planning on giving Gus a good walk and putzing around the house and shoveling the driveway - they keep promising a melty day, but we're just getting more sprinkles of snow that are adding up. Probably need a grocery store run in there today also - Gus needs his dinner sausage :D. I did hear from the boxing gym and they'll take my kettlebells and Bosu, as well as a pile of fitness DVDs that they can sell in their fundraiser.

Bee, cool that you're doing Toastmasters! I think I wouldn't do well any more... I have a hard time finding words from time to time - it's one reason I chose early retirement - didn't want to turn into a stammering fool online with FDA or something like that... Your "swap meet" sounds cool also - that would help with decluttering!

Paula, glad you got a good pain-free walk yesterday - I treasure the hours I don't have hip pain also.

Laura, enjoy your nachos! :yummy:

Waves to all!

Anita

bee 01-26-20 06:37 PM

Hi All!! I thought I might do a Cathe workout this morning but just wasn't feeling it when I woke up so I did Day 14, I think I'm on? It was walking with weights. Just went for a walk outside with my friend -- it's a gorgeous day here.

I did not get to the swap meet!! We had a friend coming to our Sunday brunch this morning and we found out he was going to arrive earlier than I expected so I wasn't able to dash out and do that before cooking. Oh well. I should take the books to the library.

Paula, I will echo that it's great your hip is feeling better! I remember when the PT finally started working for me -- so nice to not have the chronic pain.

Laura, nachos and a movie sounds perfect! Hope you enjoyed.

Waves to all.

Paula 01-26-20 10:28 PM

Good evening. Workout this morning was just the PT routine. It was an overcast day, DH went to the hangar, he's waxing the plane in sections. I decided to work on my latest quilt. I worked most of the day on it and finished the quilt top. It looks good if I do say so myself. Now I need to choose some fabric to back it with.

Thank you all for your concern, my hip is doing better and I did another walk with DH today. So far so good.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Nachos and a movie sound good, what movie did you see.

Bee, sorry you didn't make it to the swap meet, but brunch with friends sounds like more fun. Yes, it is nice not to be living with chronic pain, now it's just intermittent pain. Maybe someday soon - no pain.

Anita, glad you had a good time with friends and the orchid show yesterday.

sciencelady 01-27-20 08:05 AM

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, then stopping by the grocery store on my way home. Gus walk this afternoon. Otherwise putzing about.

Bee, too bad you missed the swap meet. Do they repeat every month, season, year? Nice to spend time with a friend though.

Paula, nice that your PT will give you a pain free outcome eventually. One of the ladies I went with to the orchid show had a hip replacement two weeks ago. Her doc just shuttled her directly into the surgery as the cortisone doesn't do much to relieve pain - that I can see at this point :(.

Waves to all!

Anita

Laura S. 01-27-20 01:23 PM

Yesterday was a nice day. The nachos were really good and we all enjoyed the movie.

I went to the YMCA and did a cardio workout this morning. I did free form exercises - pulling a rope, squats while pushing weights overhead, etc. Then, I did a few minutes on a (regular) bike. Then, I went to the library.

This afternoon, I'm going to work on blog/video stuff. I'm hoping to get a lot done on it this week.

Anita - I hope you had a good calm day.

Paula - Who is this quilt for? We saw Overcomer, a recent Christian movie.

Bee - Sometimes things don't work out as planned. Hope you had a good time with your friend.

bee 01-27-20 05:32 PM

Hello! I did end up having a nice day yesterday, thanks.

This morning I did a new one for me: Cathe's Step Boss PHA 3. I love those PHA workouts -- basically alternating upper and lower body to keep the heart rate up. This was a good one, though I definitely had to modify/go lighter/skip. Seemed just about right once I'd done all that. :D Then later did a quick walk outside with a friend.

This afternoon I had my weekly piano lesson. I took lessons as a kid and then later when I was in my 20s, so a couple of years ago I decided to get serious about it again. Completely by chance I have found a fantastic teacher! She has taught me so much. What I really struggle with is how to make it sound beautiful and she really has a great way of explaining how to get different sounds and when to use different techniques. Great fun!

Paula 01-27-20 09:11 PM

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith's Cardio Cardio and Chair Strength. Followed that with the PT routine.

We didn't have any plans today so we went to a movie, saw Just Mercy which we both liked.

Anita, hope you and Gus had a good day.

Laura, sounds like a good and varied workout at the gym. As you may recall I belong to a group that makes quilts and other items for charity - women's shelters, hospitals etc. The quilt I'm working on is for that group. Glad you had a nice evening with your folks.

Bee, I've heard a lot about Cathe but I've never tried any of her workouts. Not sure why but probably because I've heard she uses a lot of different types of equipment. I don't have the space or desire to house lots of fitness equipment. I took piano lessons when I was young and have probably forgotten everything I learned. Good for you in keeping it up.

sciencelady 01-28-20 09:22 AM

Good morning!

Planning on going to the dentist (routine checkup), giving Gus a walk, and working at the circus tonight. Otherwise more putzing.

Laura, I miss pulling the rope - used to weigh it down with kettlebells. That rope went to the same gym as my kettlebells will go to tomorrow. Good luck working on your blog!

Bee, cool that you're a piano player! I think your brain gets developed differently playing piano than playing flute (what I played) - I have a hard time even looking at piano music with two hands doing multiple notes at the same time! My brain can only handle one note at a time for flute. My stepfather had bought a keyboard and tried learning piano as a retiree - don't know how he did with that.

Paula, I think I'm tending towards your exercise environment now that I'm clearing out my kettlebells and Bosu. I'm still keeping my TRX though as it helps my range of motion.

Waves to all!

Anita