Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Other than Taebo..what are the best boxing/kickboxing wo that really help define arms (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=206542)

Inchworm 10-29-14 05:42 AM

Other than Taebo..what are the best boxing/kickboxing wo that really help define arms

I was wondering about Piloxing or one of Cathes(other than kick punch crunch). How r hers with the gloves? Could I use weighted small gloves like from turbo jam?

I also don't have punching bag either.
Thanks,
Kelly

3ks 10-29-14 07:13 AM

KCM's TLC, Kickboxing, Trim Down, Circuit Burn...

andtckrtoo 10-29-14 07:43 AM

I think any kickboxing workout with a lot of high punching reps will do it. Tae Bo is unique though because his workouts are specifically designed to work the problem areas, not just be a kick boxing workout. And by problem areas, I mean arms, abs, and butt. I realized this when I revisited some of the old Tae Bo's on Youtube.

I honestly view Billy as kind of a TA on speed. He does a lot of the same moves just in different ways.

debbied 10-29-14 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inchworm (Post 2462974)
I was wondering about Piloxing or one of Cathes(other than kick punch crunch). How r hers with the gloves? Could I use weighted small gloves like from turbo jam?

I also don't have punching bag either.
Thanks,
Kelly

Michael Olajide's workouts.

jenn38 10-29-14 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3ks (Post 2462995)
KCM's TLC, Kickboxing, Trim Down, Circuit Burn...

Addiction is another great one. I love using my heavy bag for kickboxing arm work. And these 3 KCM's work great with heavy bag.

Scorpio6 10-29-14 10:46 AM

Aerobox

In an interview with InStyle magazine the beginning of 2014, Britney Spears said her arms never looked better or more defined than when she was working with Michael Olajide. She raved about how good the boxing workouts were for defining you.

Altho she didn't mention his name I knew that's who it was because she said he was in NY and had a patch over his eye bcse he had gotten hit so hard during a boxing match.

Helen S 10-29-14 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbied (Post 2463033)

My suggestion too.

zraipel 10-29-14 11:58 AM

Since joining the Tae Bo check in, I've pretty much been doing nothing but Michael O, Les Mills Combat, Tae Bo and dance workouts. Although it may seem like an all cardio rotation, these workouts give me DOMS everywhere. Michael, Billy and the LM crew have sneaky ways of hitting you everywhere in a workout. In the past, nothing has given me better upper body definition than punching something routinely ;)

horusosiris 10-29-14 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbied (Post 2463033)

I agree. Michael Olajides's workouts are very effective upper body definers

bubbles76 10-29-14 01:04 PM

Stephanie, do you use a bag with your workouts? What Michael O workout would you recommend? I only have the one he did with Kathy Smith.