Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Breakthru Body Blast? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=1397)

Danielle* 12-17-01 10:59 AM

Breakthru Body Blast?

I could only find one review of this video and it wasn't too good. I've read a lot of positive comments of it in the check-ins, though, and it's on a lot of wish lists on the exchange. I'm looking for a circuit tape with complex or dancy choreography. I've watched the clip on Collage and it looks good. Could someone tell me more about the weight sections.
Thanks!
Danielle

Jane C 12-17-01 11:03 AM

sounds like this is the tape you're looking for

Danielle,

Bodyblast *is* a circuit tape with complex choreo by circuit tape standards (definitely the danciest circuit tape I've seen). I think its alot of funa and it sounds like what you're looking for. I actually prefer it to breakthru step 2 because I think there are cueing problems with that tape.

Barb B 12-17-01 11:08 AM

I like it...

Hi Danielle,

I like Break thru Body Blast--the choreography is fun and is relatively intense. I usually use two risers under my step for this one (which is unusual for me). The music is pretty good too.

The strength sections include a lot of moves that seem to focus on the core. They often work the upper and lower body at the same time. Some of the exercises are quite unique. One of the strength circuits is completely pilates-type moves on the floor (no weight). I find it hard to go very heavy with the weights--it is a "lighter" weight training workout for me.

Hope that helps,

Barb B.

PamelaP 12-17-01 11:09 AM

I'm the reverse of Jane

I really like Cardio Step 2 but only felt lukewarm about Body Blast. I've only done it once but I remember being disappointed that the intervals didn't feel any more intense than the rest of the choreography. And they didn't always tell you specifically when they were going into an interval blast section, so by the time I figured it out on a few of them, it was too late to get a good blast going. I'll probably do this tape one more time then get rid of it unless my opinion changes...which can happen.

nora 12-17-01 11:29 AM

I really like Body Blast. It's unusual to get interesting choreography in an interval/circuit tape, so this is a pleasant surprise. In each cardio section, you get two short combos. It keeps things interesting for me. Pamela - I find that this tape really calls for an 8 inch step to get the heartrate up there, though.

Mary W 12-17-01 11:34 AM

I like it!

I like both Cardio Step II and Body Blast. The strength work, though, is very different from traditional circuit videos. If you like Michelle and Tracy, this is their best stuff, IMHO.

lynnem3 12-17-01 11:55 AM

My favorite circuit workout!

I love circuit workouts, but they usually have such basic choreography that I get bored. Breakthru Body Blast definitely has interesting combos and they are only repeated for the length of the interval. I do agree with Pamela P. that the interval within the step section isn't usually intense enough to distinguish from the actual routine. But, I like it for the cardio/weights circuit aspect. I do this on a 6" step and get a good workout.

The strength workout is a combination of moves you've seen before and unique moves that are often compound. One move that Michelle does is punching across the body with a weight. It was a lot harder for me than I thought it would be! As long as you like lighter weights and less traditional moves, this is a great tape:)

Danielle* 12-17-01 12:46 PM

Thanks Everyone!

This tape sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for! I'm not necessarily looking for cardio intervals, but just cardio alternated with strength segments, so if the intervals aren't very intense that should be fine. I also like the idea of the strength focusing on core work.

Now, do I wait for Collage's new catalog to come out in a few weeks to see what else new is coming or just order it now?:)

Danielle

Daphne M 12-17-01 03:23 PM

Let you know after Christmas

It's on my Christmas list and Santa has never disappointed me when I've asked for a video. I'm pre-disposed to like Breakthru Body Blast b/c I'm a fan of Tracy and Michelle's last step effort, Breakthru Step.

Of course, I've got to get cured of this pesky PF before I can do videos again. So ... one "step" at a time.

Sunshine 12-19-01 10:42 PM

I have that tape!! I think it's great!!

I've got my review all written out.... just have to type it now...

Circuit training is excellent for fat loss... see this link as a backup to this statement: http://mykbtforum.efree2net.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=193

the key is to make the cardio segments so intense that it makes the workout even more beneficial....

This tape achieves that! ...
it may not be for everyone,(everyone is different)

but those who like a good circuit training tape will love it...

and by the way - they do the entire tape with their step at 8 in. high! Tough!! (I do all my step at 6in.)

JMHO!

;)