Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VF Support Reminder (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=25122)

WWWendy 03-12-03 03:18 PM

VF Support Reminder

If you became a VF supporter early in 2002 and can afford to contribute again, it's time to renew your support. If you haven't yet become a VF supporter, please consider doing so.

Our costs have gone up significantly since last year. After our an inexpensive host we were using went under (ah, I knew it was too good to be true!) our costs went up about 50%, and after getting the bills from the first few months of 2003 I see our costs will be up more like 100-150% in 2003. We've had a great deal of growth since the new year, which is great, but growth has also increased our costs in the form of upgraded server packages and additional bandwidth. The higher my VF bills are, the more outside consulting work I must do to make ends meet, and that's time I can't spend working on VF.

The suggested annual contribution is $20, or about the cost of the average video or DVD, but any amount large or small is appreciated, and gets you that coveted VFS icon.

Whether or not you are able to contribute directly, please remember to use the VF links in the "Support VF" pull down menu in the purple forum toolbar whenever you shop with vendors like Amazon, Collage, Road Runner Sports etc. because that helps support us, too. We get a small commission on items purchased from those vendors.

For more information about how you can support VF, see the Support VF page. If you do not want to use PayPal, our mailing address is on that page. Please include your forum user name with any contribution so that I can give credit to the right person.

Thanks so much to those of you who have become new supporters and to those who have already renewed their support!

LeslieM 03-12-03 04:11 PM

I renewed my support! Thanks WWWendy! nfm

nfm

Michele S 03-13-03 10:13 AM

Wendy, I'll send a check.
Thanks! Michele

paidhi 03-13-03 11:05 AM

Paypal isn't supported in my country - is there any other way I could contribute? Money order, moneygram....

Lisa

Shortstuff 03-14-03 09:36 AM

Thanks Wendy! VF has my support!

Just made a contribution through Paypal! Thanks again!

Tracey

Sharonm 03-14-03 09:59 AM

donation sent

Hi Wendy. Thanks for all you do for this wonderful place. I just sent my donation for this year.

*pet*art*girl* 03-14-03 11:23 AM

Wendy,
this is so funny. I was JUST thinking of how it is about time to contribute again last night, on my way home from work!
(I hadn't seen this post.)
What is your paypal email? Because I want to use Paypal, but I have $$ in account there. Let me know, thanks!

edited: I figured it out. Thanks, Wendy.

Colleen 03-14-03 05:35 PM

Wendy,

I just sent a check by snail mail. :)

FitnessFay 03-14-03 06:07 PM

Last year there were plans for . . .

VF merchandise to be sold in conjunction with supporting the VF website? (If I remember correctly, it was last fall.) I've been eagerly awaiting for that to start happening! Any word on when we can start with that?

Fay

PamelaP 03-15-03 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by paidhi
Paypal isn't supported in my country - is there any other way I could contribute? Money order, moneygram....
Since Wendy is able to accept checks, I'm sure money orders would work just as well. Here's another link to the page that has the mailing address:

http://www.videofitness.com/about/supportvf.php

gaki 04-04-03 07:13 PM

cafe press

i have been waiting for a chance to get some vf cafe press stuff. my workout clothes :) hahah :)

Mollie F. 04-05-03 05:43 PM

Just wanted to say thanks again for maintaining this community--$20 a year is quite a deal!

cmishel 04-11-03 11:50 AM

Sent my check out today. Thank you.

josephine 04-12-03 06:20 AM

Thank you

Wendy,

I am putting my check in the mail! Thank you for this wonderful site.

Josephine

silvil 04-12-03 08:05 AM

Wendy,
I haven't been here long, but I reap the benefits of this site every day! As was suggested on the Slim Series thread, I'm one of those that got in on a great deal thanks to VF, so I'm showing my appreciation!!
Thanks,
Silvia

Jane C 04-12-03 08:54 AM

thanks

for your hard work Wendy. I just renewed (if all went well...)

jane c.

Thanya 04-23-03 09:50 PM

Thanks!

for all your work :) I just paid through Paypal.

Tanya

~^~RedFlame~^~ 05-02-03 04:04 PM

Happy to!

Considering that I joined a forum that charges $10 per MONTH for access, and then doesn't let you IN after they take your money, I would be more than happy to support a forum that doesn't DEMAND it and still lets you in. You've got my support!

DHKWriter 05-02-03 04:28 PM

suggestion

for those of you who intend to renew but lose track of time. Trying renewing on your birthday. Then when you get all of those VF birthday wishes, you will think "Hmm... time to renew!"

Just a thought,
Donna

~^~RedFlame~^~ 05-02-03 04:35 PM

Bad luck forum gal here..........:-(

I don't get it. First I pay for a forum that I can't get into. Then I pay here, and am supposed to get a little VF logo.............nothing. I think the Universe is trying to tell me that I am NOT supposed to be spending time on forums, I should be spending it on business! Ya think?

WWWendy 05-02-03 05:27 PM

no bad luck here!

Sorry for the delay, RedFlame,

but the forum software only knows who has contributed when I manually check "yes" in the database. I've added your logo for you!

~^~RedFlame~^~ 05-05-03 07:12 AM

Aaaaaahhhh

I am now official! Thanks!

jeanniem 05-05-03 08:54 AM

Thanks for the reminder! I sent some $$ via paypal!

~^~RedFlame~^~ 05-05-03 10:06 AM

What a difference!

I have to say, I have a problem here and email Wendy and BAM, it is handled. Just like that. Over at FP I write and write and lament for days without even the courtesy of a response. I LOVED that forum, and have really developed a bad taste in my mouth. Thank you Wendy, for caring enough to take care of us so well!!!!

Suzanne 07-03-03 01:17 AM

Will contribute as soon as I can....

Hi Wendy,
Just as soon as I get the money I will contribute. I haven't been around in a long time but I can tell that you have done a wonderful job with this site and I for one want to see it continue. Thanks for VF.

(Out of work at the moment but will contribute ASAP)

PamelaP 07-03-03 08:14 AM

That's really sweet of you to think of VF in spite of your current situation, Suzy. I'm sure Wendy would agree, whenever you can help out is fine!

ARTYGIRL 07-03-03 01:41 PM

This is such a fabulous resource; I will become a supporter the moment my husband or I manage to get some employment. (He's been looking for more than two years now ... this is not the time to be a software engineer in the SF Bay Area .. :(

Marie

GymRatt 07-26-03 09:35 AM

Amazon Honor System??

Wendy -

Do you use that?

I'm not a fan of PayPal, but would happily donate via the Amazon Honor system...

GR

WWWendy 07-26-03 09:46 AM

Re: Amazon Honor System??

Quote:

Originally posted by GymRatt
Wendy -

Do you use that?

I'm not a fan of PayPal, but would happily donate via the Amazon Honor system...

GR

Hi there, I looked into the Amazon Honor System at one time, but the transaction fee they were charging (I don't know if it has changed since then) was extremely high.

You can also contribute with a paper check or money order by snail mail. See the Support VF page for details and the address.

To those who would love to support VF but don't have the cash flow to do so right now, I understand, and I've been there.

Suzanne 07-27-03 12:02 AM

THanks for understanding Wendy....

Thanks Wendy,

I will be so glad when I get my money. One of the first things I will do is to as I said before is to contribute. I love this forum and the friends I have met here make it worth the money. Thanks again, SuzyT :D

slate*kate 10-24-03 06:37 PM

Just contributed - well worth it!

This is such a great place, I have gotten lots of good advice and used the resources (such as the reviews) to great advantage.

I'm not really a computer person much and haven't visited other forums. But I doubt if there are any others with such friendly and helpful people.

Vispateresa 10-31-03 03:21 PM

Contributing from Europe?

Thanks for the reminder! How can I contribute from Italy? I'm afraid a cheque would be lost in the post! Thanks! :)

WWWendy 10-31-03 03:48 PM

Re: Contributing from Europe?

Quote:

Originally posted by Vispateresa
Thanks for the reminder! How can I contribute from Italy? I'm afraid a cheque would be lost in the post! Thanks! :)
Hi there,

Thanks for wanting to contribute. Your best bet is either to contribute via PayPal or to send an international money order in US Dollars.

boakley 12-22-03 01:49 PM

Merry Christmas VF and Wendy

I am finally able to contribute again now that I'm back to working outside the home. Thank you for the most wonderful site in cyberspace Wendy. You do a wonderful job here, as well as all the mods - THANK YOU and Happy Holidays!

Beth

Softshoe 12-22-03 11:40 PM

What is the suggested amount?

Hi Wendy,

I was wondering what the suggested amount is now. I know that you have had to work on the server, sometimes it is down, and maybe more than $20 is needed. As we go into 2004 and some of us are thinking about our contributions, it might be a good time to ask this question.

Thanks so much for this site, I love it.

Marie Aline.

PamelaP 12-23-03 05:07 AM

Re: What is the suggested amount?

Quote:

Originally posted by Marie Aline
Hi Wendy,

I was wondering what the suggested amount is now. I know that you have had to work on the server, sometimes it is down, and maybe more than $20 is needed. As we go into 2004 and some of us are thinking about our contributions, it might be a good time to ask this question.

Thanks so much for this site, I love it.

Marie Aline.

Marie Aline, it's very sweet of you to ask if additional funds are needed. I'm not speaking on Wendy's behalf, but considering that only about 5% of our membership actually contributes, I think ANY amount is truly appreciated...whatever each individual feels is appropriate and can afford. Just speaking as a member of the community, thank you and everyone for anything you can do to help!

Vispateresa 02-02-04 08:32 AM

Hello Wendy,

I'd like to know if I can contribute with a postal money order. Thanks!

WWWendy 02-02-04 09:19 AM

Yes

As long as it is in US dollars, that works just fine.

Thanks for wanting to support the site!

Vispateresa 02-02-04 11:30 AM

Hello Wendy, thanks for your reply.

I forgot to ask: shall I send the money order to the P.O. Box address? (sorry to bother you with all these questions). Thanks

WWWendy 02-02-04 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vispateresa
Hello Wendy, thanks for your reply.

I forgot to ask: shall I send the money order to the P.O. Box address? (sorry to bother you with all these questions). Thanks

Yep, that's the one. Thanks.