Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tell me about Pop Physique (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=200161)

shoegoddess 01-29-14 06:17 PM

Tell me about Pop Physique

I'm starting to get a little more into Fusion and Barre workouts. Target had 2 Pop Physique DVDs for $12.99 each today. A little research and I found the set at Amazon for 29.99 for 3 DVDs. So right now I'm looking for them on the exchange board along with Ballet Physique Amped Up. I tried Barre a long time ago with the Bar Method and Fluidity. Just couldn't get into them. But Ballet Physique and Pop Physique look more modern and fun. Thoughts would be appreciated :D

eannem 01-29-14 06:50 PM

Ballet Physique Amped up is one of my favorites. Of the 3 pop physiques, there is only one that i like- think it is hardcore. But I rarely reach for it. Cant really say why.

Nuggie's Auntie 01-29-14 07:02 PM

I really didn't click with the Pop Physiques. I just didn't like the vibe of them, didn't find them enough like P57 (!) to want to keep them, and the instructors shouted a lot, which I hate.

I LOVE the Ballet Physiques! BP is my second fave barre DVDs, apart from P57, and that's high praise coming from me. :D

Glow Girl 01-29-14 07:04 PM

I think you will like the Pop Physiques DVDs if you are looking for a fun workout.
I pretty much just do barre workouts and these are definite favorites. They just have an upbeat vibe compared to other barre workouts.

I also like the Ballet Physique DVDs. As much as l like the BM, I'd definitely recommend any of the barre workouts you are looking for to give a different impression of a barre workout.

fuzzie 01-29-14 07:13 PM

Barre Physique is very similar to Bar Method IMO. I liked the workouts initially -they are pretty solid - but I quickly got bored with the scripted feel of the DVDs. I much prefer Pop Physique. The look and vibe might not suit everyone but I enjoy the light-hearted, quirky tone and the interesting workouts. Looking forward to the new set coming soon...

dianestjohn 01-29-14 07:44 PM

I love all 3 Pop Physique workouts - they are challenging, very well cued and instructed, and fun. There are similar to other barre workouts because all the basics are covered but they are more challenging than, say, Pure Barres (or maybe challenging in a different way, they move faster and with more gusto). Some people find the outfits annoying - on the Hardcore one especially the outfits are a little lingerie-ish (but I think that's a sort of play on the Hardcore concept :-) But I think the outfits are cute and I really do love the instructors and the workouts. I have heard they are coming out with new workouts and I can't wait :heart:

bjammin13 01-29-14 08:38 PM

I dig they pops , they have a very fun vibe, I am looking forward to the new set launching which according to them is super soon :)

Helen S 01-29-14 09:20 PM

This series does have a fun vibe. The instructors are young and their clothes are different from what you see in other barre wos. I still enjoy this young fresh vibe even though I'm 50. Sometimes, barre wos can seem dry but not Pop Physique.

Jane C 01-30-14 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Helen S (Post 2354862)
This series does have a fun vibe. The instructors are young and their clothes are different from what you see in other barre wos. I still enjoy this young fresh vibe even though I'm 50. Sometimes, barre wos can seem dry but not Pop Physique.

exactly. I would only amend to "in my 50s" ;-)

neatski 01-30-14 05:38 PM

I ignored the costumes and cheese and found I got a good workout with PP Hardcore. Worth the $ IMO