Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I'm stoked over my thrift store find!! (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=220799)

TinaT 08-29-17 03:13 PM

I'm stoked over my thrift store find!!

Dropped several bags off at Goodwill today, so of course I had to go in and take a look around. I found a TransFirmer! Yes, I've been wanting one for years! Only $4.99!!!!!!!!!!!!

So then I go over to the dvds and find P90 Circuits 1,2,3,4, Firm Super Charged Sculpting w/Pam, WATP Ultimate Collection. $2.00 ea.

I'm a happy camper. Love finding second hand fitness stuff.

bzar 08-29-17 03:32 PM

wtg!

TinaT 08-29-17 03:49 PM

And I just found 4 other TransFIRMer workouts on Amazon from 1 seller. All new, no shipping, $23.00. I ok with that. I counted 5 workouts for the TransFIRMer. Is there more?

wendug 08-29-17 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinaT (Post 2730178)
Dropped several bags off at Goodwill today, so of course I had to go in and take a look around. I found a TransFirmer! Yes, I've been wanting one for years! Only $4.99!!!!!!!!!!!!

So then I go over to the dvds and find P90 Circuits 1,2,3,4, Firm Super Charged Sculpting w/Pam, WATP Ultimate Collection. $2.00 ea.

I'm a happy camper. Love finding second hand fitness stuff.

Great find, Tina! Enjoy your transfirmer!

TinaT 08-29-17 03:54 PM

I didn't get Jiggle Free Arms. Maybe I can get someone to trade with me for that one. For one in like new condition, it's close to $20.00. Too much. I'll be patient and wait for a deal.

sherry7899 08-29-17 03:59 PM

Tina- there is a store near me that sometimes has used Firm dvds really cheap. I will check for it next time I am there.

MathTeacher 08-29-17 04:07 PM

That's great!!

ellaenchanted 08-29-17 04:37 PM

great bargain!

MomOf2Gremlins 08-29-17 05:17 PM

Awesome!!! Enjoy your great haul! :D

Kitten 08-29-17 05:42 PM

Great finds!

lizh 08-29-17 10:56 PM

I love my transfirmer! And I like all the transfirmer workouts too! You got a great deal! I wonder why jiggle free arms is so desirable? If you are interested, there are a few copies over on ebay. It is a solid workout.
Liz

Garrie A. 08-30-17 05:53 AM

I found a TF and three of the DVDs at a yard sale last year for $3! :love: In fact, I've found all of my Firm steps at yard sales.

TinaT 08-30-17 07:47 AM

Wow Garrie, $3.00 is a killer deal. Nice job.

Liz, I'll check out Ebay. Thanks for the heads up.

Lunges have been a struggle for me since June with a knee injury. I think doing them on an angle would be better for me. I had a Reebok step years ago and have always regretted getting rid of it. I'm so happy I stumbled across this. Now I have a long step again, but can do more with it. :love:

sherry7899 08-30-17 08:02 AM

Tina-I guess you don't want me to look for the dvd for you? I won't bother then.

Sherry

TinaT 08-30-17 08:05 AM

Sherry, I'm sorry, I thought you meant for you. Thank you for the generous offer. I didn't mean to overlook your comment. :) If you find Jiggle Free Arms I'd be happy to trade you something for it.

We can work something out. Again, thank you.

sherry7899 08-30-17 08:38 AM

I meant for you :D I will let you know if I have any luck. The store usually has used Dvds for one or two dollars.

CoolGirlinFl888 08-30-17 09:19 AM

Is the Transfirmer the death box? I found three Fanny lifters, Death box and a full size step and risers and a smaller step with risers all at thrift stores over the years. Congrats! :)

bzar 08-30-17 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 (Post 2730306)
Is the Transfirmer the death box? I found three Fanny lifters, Death box and a full size step and risers and a smaller step with risers all at thrift stores over the years. Congrats! :)

no.

however, all of the BSS3 workouts can be done with the TF.

this is the TF that was featured with BSS4:
https://www.overstock.com/Books-Movi...6/product.html

BSS3 The Firm Box (aka deathbox):
http://www.alexscoupons.com/the-firm.html

bzar 08-30-17 05:07 PM

tina - you might also be on the lookout for the sculpting stick. I got mine on craigslist for $5. the BSS3 workouts can be used with the TF too - so this provides more workouts for you.

I would also consider getting the FL - I use it with all of my classic firms, which I know you love :love:, and FitPrimes/Kickbutt's. I also leave it out in the "tall" position when doing BSS4 or BSS3 workouts - saves me the trouble of having to stack and unstack the longer TF.

TinaT 08-30-17 05:47 PM

bzar ~ I have had the Fanny Lifter for years. (blue/purple). I love it. I'll check out the BSS3 workouts. Thanks for the info. I'm still looking for Jiggle Free Arms. I'm pretty patient when it comes to finding bargains. ;)

CoolGirlinFl888 08-30-17 05:53 PM

Right thanks for reminding me! I had forgotten about that one! I found that also in a thrift store. I hunt for exercise stuff in thrift stores lol love them!!!

bzar 08-30-17 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 (Post 2730394)
Right thanks for reminding me! I had forgotten about that one! I found that also in a thrift store. I hunt for exercise stuff in thrift stores lol love them!!!

same here. the thrill of the hunt!

I bought a step co. step topper for under $5. I was so excited! also the Firm Wave at Saver's.

maitai 08-30-17 06:45 PM

Every time the deathbox is mentioned I crack up, LOL!:D

sherry7899 08-30-17 07:18 PM

Tina-my DH went to the store with used dvds and did not see it there. I'll let you know if he ever finds it. He said they had other Firm dvds, but not that one. He makes up funny/sarcastic titles of the dvds in the exercise section. It cracks me up. The titles of exercise dvds are pretty funny, especially if you're someone who does not buy them. :p

Sherry

bzar 08-30-17 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maitai (Post 2730406)
Every time the deathbox is mentioned I crack up, LOL!:D

I've only seen it "in person" in the thrift store just once. when I saw it, I thought "should I buy it just for fun.....?":) it's really small too. I can see why it's so dangerous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherry7899 (Post 2730413)
Tina-my DH went to the store with used dvds and did not see it there. I'll let you know if he ever finds it. He said they had other Firm dvds, but not that one. He makes up funny/sarcastic titles of the dvds in the exercise section. It cracks me up. The titles of exercise dvds are pretty funny, especially if you're someone who does not buy them. :p

Sherry

that's a whole other thread.

I've even looked at movie titles and considered starting a thread with "movie titles that could be workout titles". should I?

I'm interested in your DH's suggested sarcastic titles of workouts!!!!! really!

sherry7899 08-30-17 08:05 PM

Jeannine-they are not PG rated :D I can't share them here!

Sherry

TinaT 08-30-17 09:15 PM

Thanks for checking Sherry. I appreciate it. :)