Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   Challenges and Check-ins (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Jessica Smith and Friends 2020 (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=227592)

donnamp 07-21-20 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workout w/ Pahla was much more gentle!

Pahla B - Cardio Stretch Full Body Workout - this one was cardio and stretch intervals. It was an "active recovery" on Pahla's mini challenge for this week and worked well for that purpose!

Trifecta Pilates - Ease into Strength - I enjoyed this one - it was about 30 minute and focused on both strengthening the abs mainly and stretching out low back, hips and hamstrings. The purpose of the workout is to prep for rollover, roll ups, and teasers.

Yesterday I worked on decluttering my home office including desk and closet. It was a bit of a workout in and of itself but things are looking better. I have more to do in there today and other like projects on the agenda for this week.

Sherry -the decluttering and cleaning is a workout, LOL! I'm sore and tired. So I was glad it was an active recovery day today!

wishiwasinhawaii - hot here, too, and humid!!!! I'm glad to get stuff done around the house, it needed to be done and back in normal times there was no time to do it!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

donnamp 07-22-20 07:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Strength Workout w/ Dumbbells for Women over 50. This is one that would look easy upon viewing but it not quite as easy as it seems when doing! LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Posture & Plank Workout. I get in the mood for Trifecta Pilates from time to time. I think if I really had the patience and persistence, I would get a lot out of her workouts - but, alas, boredom often strikes.....

It feels good to be getting rid of some clutter, I felt very stagnant ever since this COVID thing hit...well, TBH, for longer than that, but the COVID was the icing on the cake.

Waves,

Donna

donnamp 07-22-20 07:16 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, my DD got the data entry job she applied for. She starts next week. it is 20 hours per week. i'm sort of worried about her being in an office but since it is a bio-tech company, my guess it that they are following the "rules" (masks, social distancing, hopefully screening, etc.) and it will be relatively safe. She says the barn is probably worse, even w/ them being outside, since the younger kids have trouble following social distancing and mask wearing rules. Understandably kids have a hard time keeping their hands to themselves! :)

Her friend works there and says they are good about safety. Fingers crossed.

I feel better about this than the mall, where you can have so many people coming and going and not everyone complying with the new rules...... although, in general, I think we do a pretty good job here.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 07-22-20 07:34 AM

Yesterday was a rest day and all I did was walk around the house for about 45 minutes while I talked to a long-winded friend on the phone. I walked about 2 miles just walking in circles! This morning was a resistance workout from 22MHC. I hadn't done this one before and it was tough, but I did some modifying. I bought this program 4 years ago and tried to do it back then and didn't get very far, so I'm happy that I've made it to week 3. I'm definitely in better shape now than I was then and being able to work from home has a lot to do with that.

Donna, Congrats to your DD! That job sounds good and I'm sure they're complying with all the safety protocols in place. Plus, she's not there 40 hours a week so it should be fine. They should tell her before she starts what rules to follow so she'll have a better idea then. I've been too busy with work to do any decluttering, but once this meeting is over in August, I'm going to take a few days off.

Waves!

Leonana 07-23-20 12:12 AM

Yesterday was a rest day. I watched my friends’ four year old daughter again. I think the grandmothers are out of town. Boy, where do they get the energy lol. She wore me out! It’s a real treat to watch her though. She’s so cute and funny.

Today was Jessica’s Back Friendly Strength workout and 8 Minute LI HIIT.

Donna, congrats to your dd on the job. I’m sure she will be fine.

wishiwasinhawaii, I need to try that walking idea when talking to my sister. She talks for an hour! But she lives by herself and is lonely. I need to call her tomorrow.

donnamp 07-23-20 07:18 AM

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, in between my decluttering, I walked on the TM while listening to Pahla's weekly podcast - about control and things you can/can't control. It was only 20 minutes, but good for steps. Sometimes decluttering doesn't get you many steps, LOL.

I can't decide if today will be another declutter day or if I will give myself a break and do something else. Although w/ COVID, there aren't many options for places go to and the weather is very hot and humid here.

Anyway - workouts for today so far:

Pahla B - 25 Min Low Impact Power Walk
Trifecta Pilates - "Control" 22 Min version (this is from her principles of Pilates program - the longer workout was scheduled for today but I didn't feel I had the attention span for it!)

Sherry - I would be wiped out from watching a 4 year old, too!!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!!

Donna

donnamp 07-24-20 07:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla's 31 Day Program Day 28 - this was a body weight/balance workout. It moved slowly using Pahla's "cardio" moves so as to work your balance. 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest.

Trifecta Pilates - Looped Resistance Band Workout - this was interesting. Beth used 2 circular resistance bands - one around the legs and the other around the arms for various exercises. I like the way she mixed equipment into her workouts, it definitely adds some good variety.

I didn't make it too far w/ decluttering yesterday. I wasn't in the mood for purging, so I wasn't very successful, although I know very well there are workouts in my closet I will probably never ever do. Drop 2 Sizes, anyone?!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna

wishiwasinhawaii 07-24-20 09:47 AM

Today was a resistance workout. I've been swamped with work so haven't had time to post the past couple of days.

My nephew got his test result back and he is negative, thank goodness.

Donna, I have that Drop 2 Sizes workout too. I never even opened it! I tried to sell it and got no takers so I think I'll just donate it. Once this meeting at work is over, I'm going to try to get back to decluttering. It's too hot right now anyway. If the heat continues, I may put it off until the fall.

Waves, Sherry!

donnamp 07-24-20 10:50 AM

That is great news, wishiwasinhawaii! I think I did the first few workouts from Drop 2 Sizes, way back when....and, as I recall, they weren't easy and I think they were on the long side...although I can't remember.

I keep thinking that "someday" when I'm retired, I'll have more time for longer workouts - but not sure that I would want to do this type of workout!! I should preview again it has been years since I looked at it.

Donna

Leonana 07-24-20 01:05 PM

Yesterday was the 37 Minute fusion cardio workout from Jessica's Fusion dvd. No workout today, I got up late this morning and did not fit it in today. I ate all kinds of fattening stuff too! I guess I'll count today as a mental health day.

Starbucks has changed their scheduling to a block schedule. My dd is on mornings only. That way she is working with the same co-workers every week. I guess that is how Starbucks is handling exposure. I'm glad she is with a company like Starbucks.

Donna, I hope the decluttering is going well.

wishiwasinhawaii, that is great news about your nephew.