Video Fitness Forum

Video Fitness Forum (http://forum.videofitness.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tracy Campoli? (http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=189372)

Lorelai 01-31-13 12:27 PM

Tracy Campoli's Mat and More

It's been awhile since there was last a discussion about Tracy's Mat and More workout (at least, as far as I could tell based on my search), and I'm wondering where those of you who got this workout stand with it? I've always been curious about it, since I like floor work, and hers looks like something that would be useful for a long time (ie. I could work up to her number of reps). I noticed that she also has another for download, a 30 minute lower body targeted workout, that I'm also wondering about. I would do the download for Mat and More if I decided to get it, but right now I'm just interested in hearing people's thoughts. I should also mention that I like instructors who cue well, need it really, and I don't really mind if she shares moves with TA, since I know TA didn't invent the wheel. ;)

TIA! :heart:

Lorelai 02-01-13 10:49 AM

This is a loud silence... maybe Mat and More one didn't stand the VF test of time?

(Also, please put me out of my misery and don't force me to read another TA thread!:eek::o:D)

dnna 02-01-13 01:06 PM

I have it and love it, it is one of my most used pilates workouts. It was expensive, and a dvd-r.
someone posted about this workout when it first came out that it was similar to TA . It is not, it is a very good pilates workout. but people jumped to get it because it was "suppose to be like TA" so the workout got kind of dissed.
I would buy another of her workouts in a second! I live in the woods and have a slow horrible dial up so I can't get downloads.
the workout has a great abs workout and then her leg series is very toasty! She has a nice demeanor and I feel it is a very effective pilates workout.

edensmom 02-01-13 02:04 PM

I like it too, it is a nice thorough pilates workout. NOTHING like TA IMO.

kali1 02-01-13 02:12 PM

I have this. I think there are better workouts out there. It's expensive and as dnna siad, it's DVD-r. It's already degraded on me. I wish I never purchased it. Customer service sucks as well.

edensmom 02-01-13 02:23 PM

Yes it is too expensive. I got it in a trade. I wouldn't have bought it.

DejaDeb 02-01-13 04:09 PM

I got it in trade, didn't like it, traded it. Can't remember why I didn't like it -- maybe it was too much like other workouts I own (i.e., "nothing new to see here!") :)

cristinalatina 02-01-13 04:17 PM

How is the armwork in this one, ladies?

Lorelai 02-01-13 08:02 PM

Thanks ladies! I knew there had to be some opinions out there about this one. I guess I could try trading for it, but as far as I could tell (search function), it's not on any trade lists. I also tend to not buy dvds unless I already know I'm going to love them, so my collection is rather small compared to most VFers, and what I would have to trade doesn't have a lot of trading power, if you know what I mean. ;)

I thought at least if I bought the download, I could then save it on a USB drive or something, and could then make myself a new copy if the original one I made ever degraded, as was mentioned upthread. I figure my dvd-r is as good as hers, yeah? :)

I would also be curious to know how you all would rate the difficulty, and can it modified easily, either with lower reps, or does Tracy mention ways to modify?

Gancho Girl 02-01-13 08:19 PM

Have you checked out any of her workouts on her youtube channel? They might help give you an idea.